John no longer with Petra?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
its231
Pethead
Pethead

John no longer with Petra?

Post by its231 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:06 pm

Hey I just looked on the facebook page of classic Petra is says past members and he's listed as an ex member. Just surprised has anyone else read this? Just wondering anyone else?
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Re: John no longer with Petra?

Post by p-freak » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:26 pm

That just depends on how you look at things. Petra retired in 2005, so basically then everyone became an ex-member.

But there has been a reunion show of the Farewell line-up (Schlitt, Hartman, Bailey, Simmons) in Argentina in 2007 and there are three shows coming up this Summer with the Farewell line-up (with a substitute for Simmons, who couldn't make it to these shows).

And now there's a lot of talk about the classic Petra reunion that includes Hartman, Volz, Weaver, Kelly and Lawry, basically the Beat The System line-up.

To me it doesn't really matter if you would call John an ex-member or not. Since both the Farewell line-up and the Beat The System line-up are reuniting for some shows, everyone can be considered a current member or a former member, whichever you prefer.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:38 pm

In reality, EVERYONE is an 'ex-member' of sorts because Petra is NOT an active, performing band at this time.

THIS is why I keep trying to point out the difference between OFFICIAL and UNofficial information.

Don't look at that Facebook page... it is run by a FAN and NOT anyone from the band. It is WRONG,it should not state "current" or "former" -- this is how confusion and rumors get started.

For all practical purposes, John IS STILL considered the lead singer of Petra, with four real & confirmed Petra dates this year, and another one on the table:

http://johnwschlitt.com/fans/tour.htm
0 x

its231
Pethead
Pethead

Post by its231 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:51 pm

My bad thought it was the official facebook page for classic petra. Very confusing my bad meant no harm.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:14 pm

Oh, no - I'm not mad at you or anything. Don't take it that way, sorry.

The whole thing is that people THINK this is a real site run by the band, and it appears to be - but it's not - so fans take the info that's on there as gospel truth, and confusion abounds.

I don't like posers/pretenders, sending out wrong or incorrect info, when I try SO hard to be accurate and relay the RIGHT info.
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:31 pm

What if there is a facebook page and a Wikipedia article to back it up? Is it legitimate? No? But it's in the internet!
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:44 pm

As I've pointed out, ANYONE can put ANYTHING on the Internet; Wikipedia certainly shouldn't be taken at face value either. I totally understand what Sue means by the confusion.

I hope this doesn't start another debate. :P
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:54 pm

On the other hand, I think it's high time that certain people stop treating Classic Petra as though it's not a legit or confirmed thing. I think we have now seen more than enough evidence that it is and coming from the people who would know best.

In my mind, for all intents and purposes there are simply two versions of Petra right now and I have no problem with that. It can give us the best of both worlds and even something for those fans who are overly partial to one version or the other.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:50 pm

Actually if you want to make it offical and all with copy rights, trademarks and such. These two forms of Petra are considered 2 separate legal entities.
John is still the lead singer and current member of Petra.
Greg X Volz is the lead singer and current member of the band called Classic Petra. Greg, John Lawry, Louie, and Mark are offically considered former or ex members of Petra.
They have actually copyrighted the legal name of the band to be Classic Petra.
BTW Bob is still a current member of both and is sole owner of Petra and majority owner of Classic Petra
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:59 pm

sue d. wrote:In reality, EVERYONE is an 'ex-member' of sorts because Petra is NOT an active, performing band at this time.

THIS is why I keep trying to point out the difference between OFFICIAL and UNofficial information.

Don't look at that Facebook page... it is run by a FAN and NOT anyone from the band. It is WRONG,it should not state "current" or "former" -- this is how confusion and rumors get started.

For all practical purposes, John IS STILL considered the lead singer of Petra, with four real & confirmed Petra dates this year, and another one on the table:

http://johnwschlitt.com/fans/tour.htm
I'm sorry to say this but Sue is completely correct. The key to her words is REAL and CONFIRMED. My local radio station(89.7 Dallas) says Classic Petra management's asking price is way too high for the length of show their purposing and some of the contract lingo is unheard of.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:36 pm

Wikipedia has been constantly trash by trolls; eg. the Petra members section has the classic lineup as current. Which we all know when it comes to the Petra band it's Schlitt, Hartman, Bailey, Simmons. Classic Petra has no dates yet. Petra has 4 dates this year 2 that are next month.

If anyone can battle the trolls and fix wikipedia, please be my hero.

7-16-2010
Rapid City, SD
Petra
Hills Alive Festival
6:00 PM
Tickets: 605-342-6822
http://hillsalive.com/2010/

7-31-2010
Longmont, CO
Petra
Heaven Fest
3:00 PM
Tickets: 303-655-1234
http://www.heavenfest.com

8-13-2010
Goiania, BR
Petra
Goiania Arena
8:00 PM
Tickets:http://www.tickettime.com.br/
http://www.jovemx.com/
Haroldo Augusto

8-14-2010
Curitiba, BR
Petra
Curitiba Master Hall
7:00 PM
http://www.diskingressos.com.br/cidade.php
Oswaldo Eustáquio Filho

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Psalms 78:35. And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.
36. Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth, and they lied unto him with their tongues.
37. For their heart was not right with him, neither were they stedfast in his covenant.
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:17 pm

For all pourposes, Bob said classicpetra.com has all the official information there is. Just because they are not touring now is does not mean they do not exist. They are currently recording the only new Petra album in existence as we post our rants here on the Zone. And if anybody here has any idea of history The Beatles recorded as a band for 4 years without touring from 1967 to 1970 and still made history and produced some of their biggest hits in that period. So relax and enjoy what God is going to do from now on with our favorite band.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:29 pm

The burning desire to know all of the last minute details of the band is all consuming. They are taking longer than expected to reveal information and the whole thing is in the toilet? Sweet.
0 x

cvs2kids
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: All Fired Up
Pethead since: 1983

Post by cvs2kids » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:49 am

brent wrote:The burning desire to know all of the last minute details of the band is all consuming. They are taking longer than expected to reveal information and the whole thing is in the toilet? Sweet.
Makes you almost miss the days when an actual newsletter or article in a magazine was the only way to keep tabs on the band.
0 x
Well done my good and faithful servant, you may enter with me into paradise.

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:07 am

Very well said.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft