The latest from classic petra

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
shawnpfan2010
Pethead
Pethead

The latest from classic petra

Post by shawnpfan2010 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:19 pm

Petra’s on-line store for merchandise will be very soon (we promise). Our hopes are that it will be within a week, two at the very most.

Here are the most recent dates we can offer you:

The record is now scheduled to be mastered no later that Oct. 15. We plan to release it the next day on our on-line store for download, right here at classicpetra.com. Approximately 30 days after downloads are made available, fans will be able to order signed CD’s for the 1st 1,000 copies.

The TBN live show taping in Nashville (Hendersonville) has been rescheduled for Sat Nov. 20, 7pm – 10pm. We will have a sign up sheet on the site before then so you can reserve a seat in advance, the studio has a limit of 1,500 people.

Once the record is released we will announce tour dates as they are confirmed.

Again, thank you all so much for your encouragement and prayer support.

Mgmt

I wonder why things keep getting pushed back, all these guys have studio experience, you would think that they could make an album in no time.
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: The latest from classic petra

Post by separateunion » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:51 pm

shawnpfan2010 wrote:I wonder why things keep getting pushed back, all these guys have studio experience, you would think that they could make an album in no time.
Plenty of experienced bands push back the release dates of their albums.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

Jan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:55 pm

But....the tour is supposed to start in Oct., and now tour dates won't be released until Oct. 16th at the earliest.
0 x
I love it when Schlitt happens!!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:05 pm

shawnpfan2010 wrote:I wonder why things keep getting pushed back, all these guys have studio experience, you would think that they could make an album in no time.
It doesn't work like that. All of these guys had to work around their work schedules (maybe except for Bob) to do this. They had to rehearse. They had to take care of business. Many times delays are business induced.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:11 pm

But....the tour is supposed to start in Oct., and now tour dates won't be released until Oct. 16th at the earliest.
Hmmm.....
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:15 pm

Ok here we go again we our inpatience in the era of bloggers and instant gratification demanding like spoiled kids attitude.

BUAH! BUAH! BUAH! WE ARE MY TOUR DATES! I DEMAND THEM! I AM A REALITY SHOW CELEBRITY WANNA BE!

Can't we just realize that if Bob was playing four shows across the world, while trying to work on a project that started to get arranged around March, that it will actually take some time to get a decent musical production and a decent Tour production out! Maybe management should have held the details for a little more time, but with such a spoiled and demanding crowd what else could they do but release what was hoped to be firm timelines, except that some of the promised things have come about. Didn't we see the band in the studio already, something we would never see in our wildest dreams. Everything is happening, they just entered the studio again after raising the money needed to complete the recording, as per management.

Many and most masterpieces of music have been written, recorded, mastered and released over several months. Remember that Bob had to write the new music, then they had to write the re-arrangements of the old songs, then they had to rehearse them, then they had to record them one instrument at a time, then they have to send the results for masterization and final production. So it's no quick task unless you guys want a crappy record.

My 50 cents.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:36 pm

fcollazo wrote:Ok here we go again we our inpatience in the era of bloggers and instant gratification demanding like spoiled kids attitude.

BUAH! BUAH! BUAH! WE ARE MY TOUR DATES! I DEMAND THEM! I AM A REALITY SHOW CELEBRITY WANNA BE!

Can't we just realize that if Bob was playing four shows across the world, while trying to work on a project that started to get arranged around March, that it will actually take some time to get a decent musical production and a decent Tour production out! Maybe management should have held the details for a little more time, but with such a spoiled and demanding crowd what else could they do but release what was hoped to be firm timelines, except that some of the promised things have come about. Didn't we see the band in the studio already, something we would never see in our wildest dreams. Everything is happening, they just entered the studio again after raising the money needed to complete the recording, as per management.

Many and most masterpieces of music have been written, recorded, mastered and released over several months. Remember that Bob had to write the new music, then they had to write the re-arrangements of the old songs, then they had to rehearse them, then they had to record them one instrument at a time, then they have to send the results for masterization and final production. So it's no quick task unless you guys want a crappy record.

My 50 cents.
So where is that coming from? That's not really necessary, is it?

It's too bad that the tour gets postponed a bit, but since there were no firm dates yet, nothing's lost. It sounds like they're still planning to start a tour and now they've actually announced a time when they will announce firm date. That's more than we've ever heard. And it makes perfect sense to release an album before you start touring. The album needs to get out there, needs to create a bit of demand here and there. I know some of the petheads from the days before we called ourselves petheads still don't know about this tour, so an album release might be very helpful. And since the album got delayed (for reason unknown to us), it makes sense that the tour gets delayed a bit.

I'm just happy as it is with a new album. It will be titled Back To The Rock, which is also one of the two new songs. In addition there are 10 newly recorded old tracks, with some pleasant surprises. I don't really care when it does release, as long as it is coming our way! Hopefully the 1,000 signed copies won't be gone before I ordered one! Still curious though about distribution.
0 x

SCJ-7
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 1988

Post by SCJ-7 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:32 am

Patience...
0 x
"Never perfect but perfectly forgiven"...

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:08 am

fcollazo wrote:Ok here we go again we our inpatience in the era of bloggers and instant gratification demanding like spoiled kids attitude.

My 50 cents.
Yeah this seems to be well overdone IMO. Get a grip man and pull yourself together!!! lol

BTW Whoever said Bob was writing the new songs? Remember this thing was totally put together by Greg and his people, and I would think he will have a huge say in what's happening.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:21 am

Jan wrote:But....the tour is supposed to start in Oct., and now tour dates won't be released until Oct. 16th at the earliest.
To be honest I never really expected much if any tour dates this year; I think reality will be in the spring for the USA and international during the summer months. Bands are really being hit hard with the economy so the touring in the last 6 months or so has been bleak at best. I believe we will be looking at anywhere from 10-15 dates here in the spring with 6-8 dates international in the summer.
Lets just be excited that we have a new album out in mid October; A live DVD that TBN will be doing, and new online store with hopefully lots of shirts and such.
0 x

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:34 am

Looking forward to it whenever it happens. I am eager to hear the redone stuff. It's going to kick so much hiney.

0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

cndfogie
Pethead
Pethead

Post by cndfogie » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:46 pm

And while you wait...........Go ahead and pick up Project Damage Control- Mechanism. That album is awesome!

ATTN: This ad not being paid for by PDC or any of it's members :lol:

The best way to listen to this one is with a good set of headphones. Again I can't say enough How great this album is.
0 x

Jan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:54 pm

cndfogie wrote:And while you wait...........Go ahead and pick up Project Damage Control- Mechanism. That album is awesome!

ATTN: This ad not being paid for by PDC or any of it's members :lol:

The best way to listen to this one is with a good set of headphones. Again I can't say enough How great this album is.

I'll second that!!! In fact, I've been listening to Mechanism way more than anything else, even Petra, ever since I got it. PDC ROCKS!!!!
0 x
I love it when Schlitt happens!!

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:14 pm

New tour will not start until possibly January as per management.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:26 pm

fcollazo wrote:New tour will not start until possibly January as per management.
I pretty well stated from the beginning it would be like this; just way too much going on for them to get all that done. I don't expect more than 15 USA dates.
0 x