Back To The Rock track listing (your picks)

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

Re: Back To The Rock track listing (your picks)

Post by pmal » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:27 pm

HudsonPethead wrote:I wrote to Michael asking about which songs the band is working.
He said:

Here are the songs that will be on the new album.

Adonai
Let Everything Praise the Lord
More Power To Ya
Rose Colored
Grave Robber
Clean
Bema Seat
Angel of Light
Too Big
Back to the Rock
God Pleaser
Second Wind

This is exciting! Can't wait to hear them!
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:29 pm

I want Beat the system and It is finished. Those songs need to be heard without computer crap
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

CatNamedManny
Pethead Wikipedia Warrior
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1996

Post by CatNamedManny » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:55 pm

Album breakdown:

Never Say Die: 1
More Power to Ya: 4
Not of This World: 3
Beat the System: 2
Newly recorded: 2

I've never been a big fan of "Godpleaser" or "More Power to Ya," and I think re-recording ballads, which aren't likely to sound all that much different, is sort of a waste of a track that could be better used to make an older rocker sound better. But that's just my opinion. I'd much rather see those two tracks given to songs like "It Is Finished" or "Not by Sight". Either way, it'll be awesome though. Really glad to see "Bema Seat" on there, and I think "Rose Colored" and "Grave Robber" could really benefit a lot, as well. Hearing modern production values on the guitar riffs from "Angel of Light" and "Clean" is exciting to think about, too.
0 x
- Paul

A little disoriented. Getting reoriented.

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:08 pm

fcollazo wrote:Beat the system
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:44 pm

Nobody ever reads my site :cry: :cry: :cry:

I've had the track list up there since August 30th. Just thought I'd see if anyone would find it. No one did apparently.

The only change is that originally they wanted to include Hollow Eyes instead of Godpleaser. And Too Big is short for Too Big To Fail.
0 x

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

Post by pmal » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:29 am

p-freak wrote:Nobody ever reads my site :cry: :cry: :cry:

I've had the track list up there since August 30th. Just thought I'd see if anyone would find it. No one did apparently.

The only change is that originally they wanted to include Hollow Eyes instead of Godpleaser. And Too Big is short for Too Big To Fail.
I saw it but I didn't believe it because you never mentioned it ... Actually found it using a google search a while back. If you have news, you should share ;)
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:02 am

CatNamedManny wrote:Album breakdown:

Never Say Die: 1
More Power to Ya: 4
Not of This World: 3
Beat the System: 2
Newly recorded: 2

I've never been a big fan of "Godpleaser" or "More Power to Ya," and I think re-recording ballads, which aren't likely to sound all that much different, is sort of a waste of a track that could be better used to make an older rocker sound better. But that's just my opinion. I'd much rather see those two tracks given to songs like "It Is Finished" or "Not by Sight". Either way, it'll be awesome though. Really glad to see "Bema Seat" on there, and I think "Rose Colored" and "Grave Robber" could really benefit a lot, as well. Hearing modern production values on the guitar riffs from "Angel of Light" and "Clean" is exciting to think about, too.
I'm with you; Never a fan of God Pleaser, and we have heard I guess updated/current versions of Grave Robber and More Power To Ya on the Farewell Package. I would have liked to hear Not By Sight, Beat The System, or maybe even something like Voice In The Wind. Also Come & Join Us and Washes Whiter Than was completely left off the list; There are a few gems on there that I would love to hear updated.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:08 am

CatNamedManny wrote:Based on the YouTube video posted in the Volz thread, Greg mentions specifically the following songs:

Not by Sight
Judas' Kiss
Bema Seat
Rose Colored Stained Glass Windows
Run for the Prize
Second Wind

The one caveat to that list is that based on his comments, Greg could have been discussing songs that he listened to for the first time in years in preparation for the album, i.e., songs they were considering, not necessarily songs that made the final cut.

As I said in the other thread: Not bad. "Run for the Prize" is a little surprising. Thrilled to see "Bema Seat" and "Not by Sight" on there. The more they can include from Not of This World the better. "Rose Colored" should be pretty awesome redone, as well.

Not sure where you're getting your info, exe. Does this match?
I really don't remember where I got my list but Godpleaser was not on the list the I received; It was replaced with Hollow Eyes. I personally would prefer something other than those two selections, I think both are weak offerings.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:18 am

pmal wrote:
HudsonPethead wrote:I wrote to Michael asking about which songs the band is working.
He said:

Here are the songs that will be on the new album.

Adonai
Let Everything Praise the Lord
More Power To Ya
Rose Colored
Grave Robber
Clean
Bema Seat
Angel of Light
Too Big
Back to the Rock
God Pleaser
Second Wind

This is exciting! Can't wait to hear them!
The five songs that I'm really eager to hear that are on the list are: Bema Seat, Second Wind, Adonai, Clean, and Angel of Light.
I'm also wondering which version of Let Everything Praise the Lord they are doing. The CITAS version rocks alot better and is actually a step faster than the orginial.
If they can get the WUC production value out of these songs it would truly bring all these favorites to a new light and standard.
0 x

RockOn
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Jekyll and Hyde
Pethead since: 1982

Post by RockOn » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:36 am

I'm surprised Judas Kiss isn't on there, but I'm excited nonetheless!

ROCKON!
0 x

cvs2kids
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: All Fired Up
Pethead since: 1983

Post by cvs2kids » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:43 am

executioner wrote: I really don't remember where I got my list but Godpleaser was not on the list the I received; It was replaced with Hollow Eyes. I personally would prefer something other than those two selections, I think both are weak offerings.
Godpleaser is such a great song that I try to use as a theme song. I believe it really touches the heart of those who give it a good listen.

It really got me though my college years as I fealt I ws alone in a secular world. It reminds me of a long journey where the trip is hard but the destination so worth it.

I believe the original version is a bit simplistic. With a multi-layer of guitars and maybe slow it down a bit, this could be the sleeper of the album.
0 x
Well done my good and faithful servant, you may enter with me into paradise.

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:40 pm

cvs2kids wrote:
executioner wrote: I really don't remember where I got my list but Godpleaser was not on the list the I received; It was replaced with Hollow Eyes. I personally would prefer something other than those two selections, I think both are weak offerings.
Godpleaser is such a great song that I try to use as a theme song. I believe it really touches the heart of those who give it a good listen.

It really got me though my college years as I fealt I ws alone in a secular world. It reminds me of a long journey where the trip is hard but the destination so worth it.

I believe the original version is a bit simplistic. With a multi-layer of guitars and maybe slow it down a bit, this could be the sleeper of the album.
Great lyrics and all with alot of great content but other then that the music is really bland to say the least. If they choose to keep it as is, then yes a sleeper it will be in as me falling asleep.
0 x

CatNamedManny
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1996

Post by CatNamedManny » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:03 pm

There are certainly some elements of "Godpleaser" that could really be brought out and liven up the song, but as written and performed, it's easily the weakest song on NOTW musically. I'm personally a big fan of "Occupy," which is kind of an underrated song from that album, imo.

And I hadn't thought of that, but exe is right: "Grave Robber" has already been remade on Farewell, which is probably why I'm not as thrilled with its inclusion as I should be. It's a great song, but this will be the fourth version of it committed to disc by Petra (NOTW, CITAS, Farewell). At least "Judas' Kiss" isn't on there; that would have been its fifth version (MPTY, CITAS, Double Take, Farewell [though released on II Guys]), which I think is probably the most for any Petra song.

Anyway, I think this album is going to be awesome. Cannot wait!
0 x
- Paul

A little disoriented. Getting reoriented.

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:03 pm

Michael told me they were going to re do NOTW with a string orchestra. I guess he gets excited with all the plans and says things like this.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1984

Post by sickasadog » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:43 pm

Jonathan wrote:
fcollazo wrote:Beat the system
Doesn't really count, as far as I'm concerned.
0 x