Beyond Belief....

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
rossistheboss
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1989

Beyond Belief....

Post by rossistheboss » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:44 pm

Can I just get an Amen on how completely awesome Beyond Belief is? Just listened to the entire album on a long drive for the first time in a long time. I mean seriously.... it's a masterpiece... it rocks....

That is all... 8)
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Re: Beyond Belief....

Post by rexreed » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:52 pm

That album hit my junior year of high school. We played it on our car stereos in the parking lot before and after school. It was a tape that friends of mine who were not Christians would ask to borrow- and they would memorize the lyrics too. When Petra came around they packed the SH Coliseum with the Newsboys. When we had a car wash to raise money for some cause I remember s group of the prettiest girls singing the BB chorus all afternoon. That album was tight alright. Years later I really enjoy Last Daze more than when it was released. Thanks for bringing back the memories...precious watercolor memories....I just wish that the drums were a little lower in the mix on some songs, because it's hard to hear the guitar.
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:37 am

I agree, it is the masterpiece album of the John Schlitt era, much in the same way that More Power To Ya IMO is the masterpiece album of the Greg Volz era.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:07 am

Preacherman777 wrote:I agree, it is the masterpiece album of the John Schlitt era, much in the same way that More Power To Ya IMO is the masterpiece album of the Greg Volz era.
on Beyond Belief I wish they would have had real Drums instead of electirc Drums.
I'm not really sure "More Power To Ya" would be the one master piece of the greg x era. I think "Never Say Die", "More Power to Ya" and "Not of this World" could be the master piece trilogy. "Not of this World" was really the right direction for Petra, but "Beat the System" just introduced the electronic generation into CCM and I just think it would have been so much better with Real Drums.

But I'm a drummer 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

Rocksoup
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Rocksoup » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:51 am

[quote="rexreed"] That album was tight alright. Years later I really enjoy Last Daze more than when it was released. Thanks for bringing back the memories...precious watercolor memories..[quote="rexreed"]

I was in 6th grade when it came out. One of my all time favs. Last Daze is one of the best tracks on the album....Guitar solo is killer, among the best Bob has done.
0 x

blayze5150
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1985

Post by blayze5150 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:41 am

Beyond Belief and Unseen Power both rocked! Creed's intro still gives me chills.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:58 am

Preacherman777 wrote:I agree, it is the masterpiece album of the John Schlitt era, much in the same way that More Power To Ya IMO is the masterpiece album of the Greg Volz era.
MPTY is by far the best album Petra did in Greg years, but OF! Competes with BB in the John years.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:48 am

I loved most of these songs, but hated the thin, dated sounds. This is one that Petra should remake.
0 x

SCJ-7
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 1988

Post by SCJ-7 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:35 pm

rossistheboss wrote:
Can I just get an Amen on how completely awesome Beyond Belief is? Just listened to the entire album on a long drive for the first time in a long time. I mean seriously.... it's a masterpiece... it rocks....
Yes, it is a Masterpiece... and a Legend. 8)
0 x
"Never perfect but perfectly forgiven"...

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:47 pm

As far as production goes, I have to agree that Wake-Up Call was the best of the John years. J&H can't even come close, because Petra again wasn't a complete band yet. Wake-Up Call had all the elements, all the band memebers played and it was produced by one of the best producers in CCM. J&H could have been better if #1 They kept Louie in Petra or waited until Paul was brought in and #2 they had a better producer

Beyond Belief to me was just part 1 of what should have been a double disc set with Unseen Power, and also Volume 4 of the E-brothers/Petra series.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"