Petra in Venezuela?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
jm.atd
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Petra en Alabanza
Pethead since: 1990

Petra in Venezuela?

Post by jm.atd » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:17 am

South America still be blessing by Petra!

Rumors... Petra in Venezuela with Guardian (wow!) on Feb 2011.....
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Re: Petra in Venezuela?

Post by sue d. » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:36 pm

Not a rumor.... it's in the works!

see: http://johnwschlitt.com/fans/tour.htm
0 x

St_Augustines_Pears
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: GOD FIXATION
Pethead since: 1999

Post by St_Augustines_Pears » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:52 pm

Petra and Guardian? That's one heck of a 1-2 punch!

I'd love to see that, but I ain't flying to Venezuela...I don't have the $$$!
0 x
THOMAS R. LEHMER 6/7/44-2/11/05.

"This journey seems so long, as I await the dawn...all alone and so weary" - Petra's "Over The Horizon"

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:29 pm

sue d. wrote:Not a rumor.... it's in the works!

Very cool. Sue shoot me an email and let me know what all needs to go down to book them, still would love to see them in California. Heck I don't know why they still couldn't do Spirit West Coast.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:09 am

Can't shoot you an email if you don't have it listed....
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:33 pm

bakersfieldpethead wrote:
sue d. wrote:Not a rumor.... it's in the works!

Very cool. Sue shoot me an email and let me know what all needs to go down to book them, still would love to see them in California. Heck I don't know why they still couldn't do Spirit West Coast.
Bakes if they get to California, my wife and I will go.. will be cool to meet ya.
0 x

74CAPethead
Pethead
Pethead

Post by 74CAPethead » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:39 pm

bakersfieldpethead wrote:
...let me know what all needs to go down to book them, still would love to see them in California. Heck I don't know why they still couldn't do Spirit West Coast.

Hi bakersfieldpethead,

It’s not that they can’t do Spirit West Coast! I’ve been corresponding with Jon Robberson (the Director of Spirit West Coast) since March…he loves Petra and is a big fan too!

In October he told me that they wouldn’t book Petra. :-( I asked him, “Is it because of the money?” “If so I can contribute and I know a bunch of my friends would be willing to contribute to help get them here!” :-)

Jon said, “It WOULD be a huge factor if someone or a group of people could in essence “sponsor” Petra, and if they could I would get serious about having them.” “SO…if you have the ability…let’s look at it.”

So what we need to do is try to get as many people as we can to help contribute! Maybe we could get some businesses to help sponsor them! We also have approx. $500.00 in the Pethead Concert Fund that we started a long time ago…maybe we can use that too!

How many fans do you know that would be willing to help get them here? My friends and I have donated $200.00 per person to help get them here in 2005. I’ve also contributed to help get II Guys here in 2007 so I’m willing to do whatever I can to help! :-) And it doesn’t have to be just Spirit West Coast, there are lots of other festivals in CA that we can pool all our money together…there’s strength in numbers!

If we could get at least 50 people that are willing to contribute $200.00…or 200 people willing to contribute $50.00…that’s $10,000! :-) I think the festivals would be willing to pay the difference!

I know of 3 churches that WANT to have a Petra concert but just lack the money! There’s a guy in San Bernardino that is very interested in having a concert. Pastor Mike Reed of Calvary Chapel Oceanside is a true die-hard Petra fan and would absolutely LOVE to have Petra back at his church again! And Cypress Calvary Chapel would also be interested but they still need the money to do it! It’s definitely not that they aren’t willing! :-) I’m sure that there are other churches that are in the same situation! And it’s too bad that Petra isn’t playing at ALL these places that really do want them but just can’t afford it! :-(

I think if we Petheads stick together…we can help make it happen! The Lord has always used Petra to spread the Gospel and it would be such a blessing for all of us to be able to help them continue to do what they were called to do! :-)
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:36 pm

Maybe this is just the cynical side of me, but...

Aren't there much more pressing issues we could be coming together to raise money for than a Petra concert? Especially at $200 a head? I get the Petra is a ministry, but I sometimes feel like people use that as an excuse to talk about raising/paying money for a concert that they want to see. It just seems like if you're going to try to get a bunch of people to commit $200 a piece to something, it should be about helping feed starving children or something, not putting together a concert.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

BForm
Pethead
Pethead

Post by BForm » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:02 pm

It's not cynical at all. I think it's very biblical. I went through this when I was considering putting up the money for a concert about 6 years ago. About that time my family went to Kenya and Tanzania to help start churches in Masai villages that had no church. When we learned that $5,000 would build a church and pay the pastor for two years, I couldn't even consider spending that much money on something like a concert.

Yes, I realize that there were many people back in the day that came to Christ through Petra. But today it's mostly preaching to the choir. There are much more economical and impactful opportunities for ministry than christian concerts.
0 x
God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. - John Piper

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:46 am

separateunion wrote:Maybe this is just the cynical side of me, but...

Aren't there much more pressing issues we could be coming together to raise money for than a Petra concert? Especially at $200 a head? I get the Petra is a ministry, but I sometimes feel like people use that as an excuse to talk about raising/paying money for a concert that they want to see. It just seems like if you're going to try to get a bunch of people to commit $200 a piece to something, it should be about helping feed starving children or something, not putting together a concert.
BForm wrote:It's not cynical at all. I think it's very biblical. I went through this when I was considering putting up the money for a concert about 6 years ago. About that time my family went to Kenya and Tanzania to help start churches in Masai villages that had no church. When we learned that $5,000 would build a church and pay the pastor for two years, I couldn't even consider spending that much money on something like a concert.

Yes, I realize that there were many people back in the day that came to Christ through Petra. But today it's mostly preaching to the choir. There are much more economical and impactful opportunities for ministry than christian concerts.
Well, when you guys put it that way, yes as a matter of fact those are very important things. But I will also add that Paul didn't just make tints for a living, Churches sent money to further support the preaching of the Gospel.

I'm not sure I can really say that Petra is preaching to the choir when the choir is pretty much sitting in their Churches every sunday listing to the Praise and Worship Team only because many pastors today think they have enough talent in their Church that they don't want to bring an outside aritst in to minister anymore. That's not just coming from me, this is happening to a lot of artists.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:44 am

bakersfieldpethead wrote:Well, when you guys put it that way, yes as a matter of fact those are very important things. But I will also add that Paul didn't just make tints for a living, Churches sent money to further support the preaching of the Gospel.
Paul was also a missionary to the unsaved. I'd say that more than 99% of the people who hear Petra are already saved. While Petra may be a ministry, they are playing for almost exclusively Christians. Matthew 9:11-13 says:
And when the Pharisees saw this, they said to his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" But when he heard it, he said, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means, 'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.' For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners."
I have no problem with Petra ministering to Christians, but it should be pretty obvious that ministering to the sick (i.e. the unsaved) should take precedence. Speaking in purely economic terms, the $200 someone paid for a 2-3 concert would probably feed a starving child for 6+ months. I don't want to accuse anyone of anything, but I'm going to reiterate that I think many people use the ministry of Petra as a front or excuse for paying to see a concert that they want to see, not because they think that Petra is going to minister to anyone
I'm not sure I can really say that Petra is preaching to the choir when the choir is pretty much sitting in their Churches every sunday listing to the Praise and Worship Team only because many pastors today think they have enough talent in their Church that they don't want to bring an outside aritst in to minister anymore. That's not just coming from me, this is happening to a lot of artists.
Woah, woah, woah. Since when was praise and worship about talent and not about praising the Lord to the best of your ability? Why is it a professional band's job to play the part of worship team for a church?
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:40 pm

Yeah, but if it comes to fans shelling out thousands of dollars just to have a band play one night, sounds selfish to me. Let's help the missions instead. I think the guys in Petra would want it like this. Enjoy the DVDs.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

petrarckman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petrarckman » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:58 pm

Sue, I saw the publicity of this show with Petra & Guardian, and I will go for sure, but before to buy the ticket, i would like to know if the show has been confirmed... and not just a good intention... Do you know something about it?
0 x
Waiting for II Guyz from PETRA!!!

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Yes, I know all about it. I am the agent on this one.

As of right now the concert will happen IF the promoter makes his payments and gets the flights confirmed. It is totally up to him.

Both Petra and Guardian are contracted to come but we are waiting for the promoter to fill his part of the contract.

Once he does this - then I can say for sure that it's happening.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:38 pm

I will be straight up and say that if I had an extra $200 laying around I would gladly give it towards a Petra concert. Most donations that goes to charities(including ones ran by churches and Christian organizations) goes towards administration costs. Very little if any at all goes to helping someone in need.
At least I know what my money is going too.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!