"The Greater Cause" - John's New CD

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

"The Greater Cause" - John's New CD

Post by sue d. » Tue May 10, 2011 11:21 am

Here are the details - spread the word!
You can also see a little more on his main site at: http://johnwschlitt.com

Newsletter from John:

Hello Everybody,

For the past few months you’ve heard me talking about a new album… yes, it’s happening! I’m in the process of creating the new rock album you’ve been asking for and I’d like you to join with me and be a part of The Greater Cause!

My fourth solo album, entitled The Greater Cause, is intended to be a fresh and powerful tool to accomplish what God has been doing through me for many years: connecting and encouraging people through my music. I’ve learned a lot since the release of The Grafting as an independent artist on my own label; I want to take it to the next level with this new album.

I’d like to do something totally different by asking you to be involved in a unique way. No labels, no managers, no corporations – just me and you – my friends and supporters - helping to make this project a reality.

To make The Greater Cause, including recording costs and expenses, CD design, graphics and manufacturing, etc., will take a lot more money than I could come up with on my own.

In order to fund this project, I’m going with an online pledge system called Kickstarter.com. It’s a way to raise funds – by giving to you in exchange for your support of me. It’s not a donation – it’s more like an investment, where you receive incentives back for your dollars.

If you pledge a dollar amount to help fund The Greater Cause, I will pledge a reward back to you. There are a variety of dollar amounts along with a variety of rewards – you chose the one that appeals to you. Click here to check it out! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joh ... ater-cause

The pledges are taken on Kickstarter’s safe & secure site, powered by Amazon’s payment services, which means that after you make your pledge, your credit card will only be charged after we reach our target goal, ensuring that you'll only be contributing toward a project that will actually happen. It also means that if we fall short of the goal I won’t receive any of the contributions. So it's all …or nothing!

I’m asking you to help it be “all.” The Greater Cause needs a team effort in order for this concept to come to life. Just like a seed, it takes one person to plant, many more to water – and God to shine on it and make it grow.

I have been truly blessed by the love and support you have shown me throughout the years and I pray you will continue as we all work together to bring life to The Greater Cause!

…John

(Please pass this message along and help spread the word! I will send you regular email updates on how things are progressing; you can check out my personal Kickstarter page http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joh ... ater-causeas often as you like to see the amounts pledged and the time remaining to do so. To answer any further questions you may have about Kickstarter.com, check out the FAQ page http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq.)

0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Re: "The Greater Cause" - John's New CD

Post by Dan » Tue May 10, 2011 12:56 pm

Man this is cool!

What are Kickstarter's fees? Amazon also has processing costs to I believe?
0 x

Jan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jan » Tue May 10, 2011 1:23 pm

Yes, very cool. Daniel, I didn't see any fees at all when I pledged.
0 x
I love it when Schlitt happens!!

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Tue May 10, 2011 1:35 pm

Man, that is very professionally done! I love it! We'll help for sure. John is hilarious with the love for his tools! He is good on the screen, he should have talk show, or comedy skit!
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Tue May 10, 2011 2:42 pm

fcollazo wrote:Man, that is very professionally done! I love it! We'll help for sure. John is hilarious with the love for his tools! He is good on the screen, he should have talk show, or comedy skit!
Totally, he is a real character and very natural.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Tue May 10, 2011 4:46 pm

This is John's strong point, he can always hold an audience captive, and you can always feel what he feels. He stage presence overwelms everything else.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Rocksoup
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Rocksoup » Tue May 10, 2011 5:29 pm

Definitely glad to see John doing another "rocker". This looks like a good way to get it done. Should be interesting.
0 x

Jan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jan » Tue May 10, 2011 6:33 pm

More than 10% pledged in the first 8 hours! Cool! :D
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Tue May 10, 2011 6:38 pm

executioner wrote:This is John's strong point, he can always hold an audience captive, and you can always feel what he feels. He stage presence overwelms everything else.
Agree, John's laugh and smile are contagious! it is hard to admire a singer that never laughs or smiles (not referring to anyone)
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Tue May 10, 2011 7:19 pm

Daniel wrote:
executioner wrote:This is John's strong point, he can always hold an audience captive, and you can always feel what he feels. He stage presence overwelms everything else.
Agree, John's laugh and smile are contagious! it is hard to admire a singer that never laughs or smiles (not referring to anyone)
Sure your not
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue May 10, 2011 7:48 pm

Someone asked about Kickstart. Kickstart is offered free of charge by some CD pressing plants I have been solicited by. They have seen a substantial drop in sales and figured they need to get into the financing business to stay in business. I am sure there is some kind of a percentage retained by Kickstart. They likely make their money on the donations, like in interest.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Tue May 10, 2011 8:05 pm

No Exec I wasn't lol

Jan you mean Schlitt Rock 4 right?
0 x

Jan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jan » Tue May 10, 2011 8:33 pm

Daniel, no I mean Schlittrock 3 because Grafting is not Schlittrock, it's Schlitt contemporary. ; )
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue May 10, 2011 8:54 pm

Hehehe... good one.

There are fees that Kickstarter takes out, as well as Amazon. But the fees are charged to the artist, not the supporter.

Yes, John is a STITCH! He truly loves his tools.... lol!

I do hope you all spread the word in whatever manner you can... and help to support the project too!
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue May 10, 2011 9:36 pm

That is well done. This is an innovative way to fund the CD. It's been too long, I'm ready for another CD from him and I'm glad for a chance to contribute to it.
0 x