Hard Rock

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Pethead94
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: I can't decide!
Pethead since: 1994

Hard Rock

Post by Pethead94 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:24 pm

I heard that Petra was the first Christian group to be inducted into the Hard Rock Cafe...
But I was wondering which one? There's no Petra memorabilia on the website, or any other information.
0 x
"Just reach out, and He'll reach in..." - John Schlitt
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... a12ea7398a
^The link to my Classic Petra Myrtle Beach photos... Check them out!

BForm
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Hard Rock

Post by BForm » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:20 pm

I think it was somewhere in Texas. San Antonio maybe? But I don't think anything is up anymore.
0 x
God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. - John Piper

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:05 pm

they used to have bob's roland syhth guitar at the orlando hard rock cafe about 10 years ago. I have not been there in awhile. I will go again and see if they still have it and I.'ll take a picture.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:23 pm

They use to have one of Bob's guitars in the Dallas HRC but since they moved to a new location in Victory Park I'm not sure if it is there or not.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:05 pm

Borrowed from jws.com. I don't know which café.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:43 pm

I saw Lichen's guitar in the Chicago Hard Rock.... back in 2000 or so. I also have a photo of Lawry's keytar (or however you spell it) hanging on a wall, along with a big collage of Petra pix).
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:51 pm

p-freak wrote:Image

Too bad the real Petra band wasn't there. :)
0 x

cndfogie
Pethead
Pethead

Post by cndfogie » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:53 pm

I know that Louie has a signed snare head in one of them I wanna say the one in Nashville. And Pete Orta has a guitar I believe in the same HRC. I have pictures of both I'll have to find them.
0 x

ricanrolear
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: petra en alabanza
Pethead since: 1997

Post by ricanrolear » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:18 pm

my Dad works at Hard Rock Cafe Nashville, and He has taken some pics of Bobs guitar, Louies snare, Ronnie bass and a Signed pic of the " Dream Team".
0 x
there's a Light over the Horizon

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:56 pm

The thing about having a Pete Orta guitar at the Hard Rock is that they had to know he was not the legacy guitarist. Let's say that someone admiring the collection had even heard of Petra, the likelihood that they would know Orta is slim to none. Woulda shoulda coulda
been Hartman.
0 x

Timbo
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Timbo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:14 am

I thought it was Paris. If I'm remebering correctly.
0 x

DeSoto
Pethead
Pethead

Post by DeSoto » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:04 am

brent wrote:

Pops the question, which one is the real Petra band. For me there is always only one real PETRA-Band, thats the existing. If you book PETRA, you get the guys, that are in the Band at the time of the concert. Thats the problem of bands where members change often...
today we get classic PETRA - a band that recorded one album together and put an amazing - and in my eyes outstanding - live recording on the market. But they sell ClassicPetra with a two-out-of-34-years lineup...sorry folks...
Bands change...and it does´n matter. As long as the music lives on...
0 x

Pethead94
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: I can't decide!
Pethead since: 1994

Post by Pethead94 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:58 am

Okay, now I'm wondering something else....
They said that Petra was the first Christian band to be inducted, does that mean there are other Christian bands there now?
0 x
"Just reach out, and He'll reach in..." - John Schlitt
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... a12ea7398a
^The link to my Classic Petra Myrtle Beach photos... Check them out!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:39 am

DeSoto wrote:
brent wrote:

Pops the question, which one is the real Petra band. For me there is always only one real PETRA-Band, thats the existing. If you book PETRA, you get the guys, that are in the Band at the time of the concert. Thats the problem of bands where members change often...
today we get classic PETRA - a band that recorded one album together and put an amazing - and in my eyes outstanding - live recording on the market. But they sell ClassicPetra with a two-out-of-34-years lineup...sorry folks...
Bands change...and it does´n matter. As long as the music lives on...
I respect that point of view, but the band is not the music. The band is the band. The music is a product of the band. When the band ceases to be the band, and is just the singer with 98% new guys that rotate through, that is a singer with a back-up group IMO, because it is the group that makes the music change from what I love(d) about the band to begin with. Clear as mud? So, Bob, the key component, the driving force, PETRA himself, left and that did it for me. I heard those other incarnations and the chops were not there, the spirit of the old music was not captured, and John said that himself. He could not understand why the new guys would not play Bobs parts and wanted to change things, failing to capture the elements that made the songs magical.

I have met all of those cats in the pic and they are all nice guys (well, all but one was super nice and realized the legacy they had stewardship of, and how lucky they were to be riding on it's coat tails). I think the big reason why one of them did not work is because of his lack of skill and ability to play the music as intended. That said, they have all done good things after Petra, where they fit best.

Just my sideline opinion.
0 x

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Post by Enosh » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:52 am

the spirit of the old music was not captured, and John said that himself. He could not understand why the new guys would not play Bobs parts and wanted to change things, failing to capture the elements that made the songs magical.

Exactly. That is what John liked about AndBand. We actually strived to bring back those parts and recapture that feel. That is also what fans who saw us loved about AndBand.

I have seen the pictured incarnation of Petra several times, and watched video concerts of them. There was too much trying to change what Petra was. As it's already been documented several times, they failed to capture new fans with that sound, and alienated a huge part of their fan base as well. Even though I appreciate the music that was put out by Petra during that time, I still feel that as a whole it missed the mark of what the band was.
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650