Classic Petra in Western New York

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
jejac77
Pethead
Pethead

Classic Petra in Western New York

Post by jejac77 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:14 am

Cannot wait until tonight - Classic Petra will be at Kinbgdom Bound. I will report to you the songs performed, later tonight. It should be a blast!
0 x

jejac77
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Classic Petra in Western New York

Post by jejac77 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:27 am

Great show last night --- Kingdom Bound's 25th Anniversary - and they wanted Classic Petra to kick off the event. It was a short show - since it is a festival -- but powerful and well done. Everything was "spot on!"
Greg's voice was clear and hit hit every note, Mark was animated and singing harmonies. John was "electtric - both on the keys and his singing." Louie was Louie - having the time of his life behind the kit and he told me so backstage. Bob delivered every solo with ease and rocked on his solo for Judas Kiss, especially during the "battle" with John - when John played some heavenly voices in a chorus, then came down from his platform with his portable keyboard - and He and Bob went toe to toe --- VERY powerful!
Here is the set list - as best I can remember (too busy singing along to write it down)
They opened with:
Bema Seat
Angel of Light
More Power To Ya
Adonai
Back to the Rock
All over me (Greg told me they just started playing this live)
Judas Kiss (solos)
It is Finished

All of the guys were brought out to the merchandise area where they took the time to talk to folks --- and there was a LONG line! Greg's wife Pam was there and is charming and had nice conversations with some of the Petheads.

Here's a nice note --- Reggie Dabbs followed Classic Petra and he really loved them. The band that came on following Reggie was the Newsboys - and Michael Tait complimented them for how great they were --- and thanked them for making the way for bands like the Newsboys to even exist. When the Newsboys were done the sound system blared "God Gave Rock and Roll To You" -- Cool!

Well done guys!
Last edited by jejac77 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

kshavo
Pethead
Pethead

Post by kshavo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:08 am

I agree, the band looked great. I was a bit disappointed in the setlist - I wanted to hear Grave robber!!!! I video recorded the sound check while I was there - the newsboys were all there watching in awe!!!!
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:17 am

It's nice to see bands giving credit where credit is due. Samething happened at Shoutfest in 04. Petra played at about 4pm and every band after that had good comments about them. The likes of Day of Fire and Skillet.
Nice update guys.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

onyx
Pethead
Pethead

Post by onyx » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:51 pm

kshavo wrote:I agree, the band looked great. I was a bit disappointed in the setlist - I wanted to hear Grave robber!!!! I video recorded the sound check while I was there - the newsboys were all there watching in awe!!!!
***Is there any way you could post the sound check footage? I love the behind the sceens stuff. Thanks in advance if you can. No worries if you can't. :-)
0 x

kshavo
Pethead
Pethead

Post by kshavo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:13 pm

After Kingdom Bounds ends I'll get it done!
0 x

onyx
Pethead
Pethead

Post by onyx » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:17 am

kshavo wrote:After Kingdom Bounds ends I'll get it done!
***That would be great. Thanks so much!
0 x

kshavo
Pethead
Pethead

Post by kshavo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Here's the soundcheck.
http://christianconcertarchive.com/topic/7424953/1/

You need to join the group - but it's free!!!
0 x