Collector's Corner

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Collector's Corner

Post by p-freak » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:01 am

No one here can have failed to notice that I have a considerable amount of Petra albums and singles in any available format stacked at my place. Of course I'm always looking to make the stack even bigger. But in order to do that I'd like to find out a bit more about the different releases that are available. Over the past few years I've been able to get a good idea of what's out there, but there are still some things I'd like to find out. And that's where you guys come in! All of you have loads of Petra stuff lying around. So I'd like to start asking some questions here, hoping that you'd be willing to check your Petra stuff and see if you can answer some of my questions.

1. Does anyone have a This Means War! vinyl release with catalog number SJ-74102 instead of the regular SSR 8084? If yes, I'd love to see a picture of the label.

2. Does anyone have a This Means War! CD release with catalog number CDP-74102 instead of the regular SSD 8084/SSD0016? If yes, I'd love to see a picture of the face of the CD.

3. Does anyone have any CDs released on A&M Records? If yes, can you give the catalog number on the spine? I know for sure that Beat The System, The Rock Cries Out and Beyond Belief exist, because I have them in my collection. Other albums that could have been released on CD through A&M are More Power To Ya, Not Of This World or Back To The Street. So if you have any of these three albums on A&M Records, please let me know!
0 x

ricanrolear
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: petra en alabanza
Pethead since: 1997

Re: Collector's Corner

Post by ricanrolear » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:29 pm

i do have a This means war vinyl with that catalog number
:D
0 x
there's a Light over the Horizon

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by p-freak » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:27 am

Thanks to ricanrolear for answering question 1. Still looking for answers to questions 2 and 3.
p-freak wrote:2. Does anyone have a This Means War! CD release with catalog number CDP-74102 instead of the regular SSD 8084/SSD0016? If yes, I'd love to see a picture of the face of the CD.

3. Does anyone have any CDs released on A&M Records? If yes, can you give the catalog number on the spine? I know for sure that Beat The System, The Rock Cries Out and Beyond Belief exist, because I have them in my collection. Other albums that could have been released on CD through A&M are More Power To Ya, Not Of This World or Back To The Street. So if you have any of these three albums on A&M Records, please let me know!
And now another question.

4. Word was bought by Warner Bros in 2003. Some Petra albums were reissued with a new catalog number for Word / Curb / Warner Bros. This catalog number always starts with WD2-. Can you check if you have any of the Word albums with this catalog number?
Already known to me are The Rock Cries out (WD2-880635) and We Need Jesus (WD2-884923). I'm especially curious to know if someone has Beyond Belief with a WD2- catalog number.
0 x

johntheumfreak
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 2003

Post by johntheumfreak » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:27 pm

I have a WD2 The Rock Cries Out.
johntheumfreak wrote:Now, at first glance it looks okay, then you turn it over to the back cover - completely white, with a blurry track listing. I took out the front cover, and it was just one page, not even anything on the back side of it.
Afraid that's it, my BB is a Dayspring and no A&Ms.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by p-freak » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:12 am

Thanks for checking! Yeah, there have been some pretty bad TRCO re-releases. The original Dayspring Records release is best, with the foldout in the middle of the booklet with the helicopter shadows. The 1992 Word/Epic release is missing the foldout, but has a booklet. The 1997 Word Records re-release is similar to the one you describe. It's sad that with later re-releases they didn't even bother printing a normal booklet.

Anyone else have any A&M or WD2 CDs?
0 x

ricanrolear
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: petra en alabanza
Pethead since: 1997

Post by ricanrolear » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:39 pm

i just checked my cd collection and i also have the rock cries out with the WD2 number, and my Petra "the definitive collection" , "the power of praise" and "still means war" have the WD2.
0 x
there's a Light over the Horizon

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by p-freak » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:43 am

Thanks for checking. The Definitive Collection was only released with a WD2- catalog number. Still Means War and The Power Of Praise with WD2- catalog numbers are reissues. The original releases had UPC codes (that's the number of the barcode) on the spine. You probably bought them new in 2004 or later.

Anyone else?
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by p-freak » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:42 am

Another question: I know Greg Hough was working with Jeff Andrews in the 1990s. They released two albums
1. Andrews, Hough & Dan - Blue Train
2. Andrews, Hough & Dan (ft. Bill Glover) - Who Was That Man?

Can anyone tell me some details about these CDs? Please contact me if you have any of these albums. I'd very much like to add info (year of release, list of songs, pictures) to my site. Currently I don't know anything about these albums except that they exist...
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:29 am

I checked my catalog numbers a while back for you... nothing at all.

I would like to find TRCO with the full booklet... I HAD it, and someone in my two moves in one year it got lost.

Are you on Facebook? Bill Glover can be reached there. Otherwise here: [email protected]
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:33 am

p-freak really IS a p-freak. Awesome.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:40 am

I'm sure you saw this 'new' release:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PETRA-PETRA-COM ... 231462bf8a

PETRA/COME & JOIN US on one CD
0 x

randy_rc
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS

Post by randy_rc » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:06 pm

sue d. wrote:I'm sure you saw this 'new' release:

Dang... I think I just felt my original cd's losing value... :roll:
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by p-freak » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:38 pm

Yeah, I've had it listed on my site for over a week now. I asked Bob about it, because I wasn't sure it was a legitimate release. He hadn't heard about it yet, but he thought it could be legit. It's being released by a label called Wounded Bird Records. Their specialty are licensed re-releases. I don't know why they thought there suddenly would be a market for this re-release, but apparently they bought a license from Warner Brothers. The one good thing about this release is that they've restored the original track order for Come And Join Us. But I'm sure nobody's going to buy it just because of that. Except me, of course :roll:

I would've liked to see the original recording of Killing My Old Man included on there. It must be out there somewhere. The first test pressings for Come And Join Us actually did have this song. When they decided to leave it off the record, they had to make a re-cut and then made a second series of test pressings without KMOM. I wish I could find out at which factory Come And Join Us was pressed. Maybe they still have one of those first test pressings in their inventory. But it's probably been closed and their inventory might have disappeared. I know there must be some of those early test pressings out there...
0 x

neonpachyderm
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1983

Post by neonpachyderm » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:34 pm

sue d. wrote:I'm sure you saw this 'new' release:

Looks like the s/t has the original track order as well. Parting Thought is back on the end of the disc, as it should be.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by p-freak » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:18 pm

The Word Records CD release of Petra also has the original track order. It's only on the Word/Epic CD release that they mixed up the track order, starting with Wake Up instead of Walkin' In The Light. More details here: http://www.petrafiles.com/petraspective ... petra.html
0 x