NO DOUBT

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
shawnpfan2010
Pethead
Pethead

NO DOUBT

Post by shawnpfan2010 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:48 pm

I know that for a lot of us No Doubt is not a favorite album, but I was wondering, despite the fake drums and other fake sounds, does anybody like any of the songs from that album? My personal favorite song is We Hold Out Our Hearts To You, in my opinion it is just a great worship song. Enter In is second and the rest are ok.
Anyone else?
0 x

loengard
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1981

Re: NO DOUBT

Post by loengard » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:03 pm

shawnpfan2010 wrote:I know that for a lot of us No Doubt is not a favorite album, but I was wondering, despite the fake drums and other fake sounds, does anybody like any of the songs from that album? My personal favorite song is We Hold Out Our Hearts To You, in my opinion it is just a great worship song. Enter In is second and the rest are ok.
Anyone else?
Enter In is my favorite on the album, but I like a lot of the songs from it. The problem isn't the music, it was the recording/producing. Lyrically, this album has some very strong tracks.... Enter In, Heart of Hero, Think Twice come to mind. Right Place is meant to be a rocker and the guys did great live on it during the Salt Box Tour.

And I second the We Hold Our Hearts is a great worship track.
0 x

HudsonPethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1997

Post by HudsonPethead » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:56 pm

My favorite from No Doubt is Think Twice.
I love this song.
0 x
https://t.me/pump_upp

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:34 pm

I like the album for the most part. It is a great record. It is not a good Petra record. Make sense? Great Schlitt Solo record.
0 x

Rocksoup
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Rocksoup » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:46 pm

I didn't like the album when it first came out, but it grew on me. I never thought it was a bad sounding album production wise. It had alot of hybrid drum stuff on it, loops as well as what I perceive to be real drumming, although replaced with sampled sounds. Enter In and Heart of a Hero are my favs. Alot of nice crisp guitar tones.
0 x

Boray
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beat the System
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Boray » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:07 pm

What I like the least about this album is actually that Bob Hartman isn't on the cover picture. But the 3D thing is cool. I guess everyone has seen it?
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Heart of a Hero is my favorite song on the album. Sounds the most like Petra to me. Right place is pretty good, but I don't like the end. Enter In is decent enough and for lighter songs No Doubt and More Than a Thousand Words are both excellent. Beyond that, the album didn't do much for me and really, IMO, marked the beginning of the less than stellar albums from Petra. I would say from that point on there wasn't a stellar album until Jekyll and Hyde.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

SCJ-7
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 1988

Post by SCJ-7 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:08 pm

My favorite song in this album is No Doubt.
0 x
"Never perfect but perfectly forgiven"...

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Post by Enosh » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:31 pm

Preacher, You just listed off 5 of the songs on the album that you like. How is that a bad album?

I'm sorry, I know and understand what it's like when a Petra album didn't live up to what we thought. God Fixation was a prime example of that. That album had to grow on me and I still feel that there are weak songs on it.

NO DOUBT IS ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS PETRA EVER PUT OUT!

There, I said it. LOL That just my opinion, but I have never, never, never understood the backlash against No Doubt. The songs are som eof the strongest Petra had put out until then. Sure, Beyond Belief is better, and J&H is the end all, but No Doubt had an awesome mix of songs and styles that I still enjoy until this day.

I find it funny that people can say they didn't like the album, but they must love the songs, because I have been to PLENTY of Petra concerts over the years, and everyone is always yelling "YOU"RE IN THE RIGHT PLACE!" to the top of their lungs.

Sorry to rant, but that is just my opinion.
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:04 pm

I didn't say it was a bad album. I said it was the first of several albums that were less than stellar. I was accustomed to Petra albums that were excellent start to finish or at most, maybe one or two songs that I couldn't really get into. So I guess I was spoiled and No Doubt failed to live up to my expectations. It is what it is, but it's not a bad album.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:47 am

I think it is the worst mistake along with David Linchens that Petra has ever done. The title cut is probably the only song worth saving. I just think vibe and sound production of the album sounded nothing like Petra and actually it killed the Petra magic in the market. A lot of the hardline Petra fans from the 80's and early 90's left when it came out and never returned.

You could say it was a career killer.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:28 am

Sigh, poor No Doubt, God Fixation and Double Take. They aren't my favorite Petra CDs but they have some good music on them. No Doubt is a wonderful song. I don't dispute the idea that hiring Lichens was a mistake, but they couldn't have known that when they first hired him. The damage had been done by the time he was fired. He was a good guitar player. All bands have their high and low points.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:15 pm

Petra had to transition out of their market because their market went away, as it did for all arena rock bands. They had to do something different. Bob was delivering that boutique brown sound, which was great, but was not what I wanted to hear with Petra. I think the arrangements and song writing on No Doubt are great. No Doubt was a great song that showed what John could really do as a writer.

Now, Double Take WAS bad, by any standard. It was not a good record, much less a good Petra record. Hated it when I first bought it, then threw it away immediately.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:12 pm

:shock: DOH! You are right.
0 x

Pethead94
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: I can't decide!
Pethead since: 1994

Post by Pethead94 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:40 pm

I like alot of the songs from that album, my favorite is Think On These Things since it's based on my favorite verse, Philippians 4:8.
0 x
"Just reach out, and He'll reach in..." - John Schlitt
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... a12ea7398a
^The link to my Classic Petra Myrtle Beach photos... Check them out!