Forum changes

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Forum changes

Post by Dan » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:19 pm

Ok Pethead’s here is what is going to happen.
I am not going to do any more management of the zone, it is obvious I am not good at it and I haven’t promoted peace because of my own personal problems and struggles with CCM in general.
I will still do software upgrades and backups & other server side stuff that no one sees. I am going to undo all banned accounts. In addition I will remove account approval, so it will be up to mods to grab troll posts or whatever they are called.
SeparateUnion and I talked about him becoming the main admin/moderator a couple of years ago, and he has the right heart for it, so he will be able to help you in the future.

The mods are:
sue d.
Preacherman777
separateunion (Main Mod)
executioner
onnyII
bakersfieldpethead
celinhamatos
rexreed
Anyone can apply to be a mod, this list might need to be updated where needed.

Sorry for all the damage I have caused, please forgive me everyone. :P
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Re: Forum changes

Post by Shell » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Thanks for letting us know what is going on and keeping the software updated here Daniel; the problems here aren't on you alone. It does take more than one person to contribute to problems, and nobody is perfect.

This is far from being the first time there have been issues here and likely won't be the last. :mrgreen: Give it enough time and someone will come up with something. :P :roll:
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:22 pm

Matthew RJ wrote: Is it wise to undo all banned accounts? There were some who seemed to be asking to be banned, and the removal of approval for new accounts could also be a major headache.
Good point; there are valid reasons for banning people and it might not be good to just undo them all. Just sayin'.
0 x

petraman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petraman » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:08 pm

Hopefully it isn't the same for everyone but for me it just isn't fun here in the zone anymore, granted i'm hardly ever on here.
0 x
WhiteHeart Rox 4 CHRIST!

Masada1
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Masada1 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:40 am

For what it is worth, Daniel...I've always appreciated your levelheadedness. You've done a pretty decent job as far as I can tell in a fairly thankless role...keep your chin up!
0 x
"Back to the Rock" Classic Petra Fan Forum http://www.classicpetrafan.рroboards.com/

Jan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jan » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:19 pm

I think the ones who sent abusive PMs should stay banned.

Daniel, you've always been cool with me. 8)
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:33 pm

Daniel -

I don't think you've caused any serious problems. It seems like you may have acted wrongly in certain situations, but you rectified them and apologized and that's all that matters. You do a phenomenal job with the technical side of things, and for that, I think all of us owe you our gratitude.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:33 pm

Daniel, I want to say that appreciate what you did. You took responsibility for your actions and did the right thing and set a very good example. Thank you.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:13 am

it is obvious I am not good at it and I haven’t promoted peace because of my own personal problems and struggles with CCM in general
I disagree... you have done a very good job at running the board and monitoring what's been going on. Most often the 'behind the scenes guys' get little to no appreciation - and I for one want to applaud you for the job you've done.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:01 am

sue d. wrote:
it is obvious I am not good at it and I haven’t promoted peace because of my own personal problems and struggles with CCM in general
I disagree... you have done a very good job at running the board and monitoring what's been going on. Most often the 'behind the scenes guys' get little to no appreciation - and I for one want to applaud you for the job you've done.
+1
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:01 am

+1.

If Daniel is gone, then I will not post anymore controversial stuff. :)
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:56 am

Daniel,

Don't beat yourself up, you did a great job. We've all made mistakes we are all human, but 99.9% of everything you did for the Zone was right and nobody can do any better than that. Your heart was always in the right place.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:07 pm

Maybe Daniel actually feels that there is not enough high-current gab to warrant his slicing and dicing? Maybe we could all kick in some extra, over-the-top, crazy talk and then Daniel would have some spice in his life, and the thrill would be rekindled.

Ok, lets start now.....

Petra sucks, John killed Petra, Bob can't play guitar, Louie is a hack, Greg can't sing, all guitarists after Bob were better than Bob, retirement Petra lip-synced the whole tour, Petra fans are like Trekkies because they are hard-core nuts that like any piece of crap they put out, Petra has demonic messages in their songs because they play the devils music, and use instruments other than pipe organ and piano, the PetraZone is full of crybabies, Josh's site was better, some idiots can't grasp that it is CITS, the other idiots can't grasp it is CITAS, people who wear Mickey Mouse shorts are supporting the devil because Disney land has gay appreciation day.....
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:41 pm

brent wrote:Maybe Daniel actually feels that there is not enough high-current gab to warrant his slicing and dicing? Maybe we could all kick in some extra, over-the-top, crazy talk and then Daniel would have some spice in his life, and the thrill would be rekindled.

Ok, lets start now.....

Petra sucks, John killed Petra, Bob can't play guitar, Louie is a hack, Greg can't sing, all guitarists after Bob were better than Bob, retirement Petra lip-synced the whole tour, Petra fans are like Trekkies because they are hard-core nuts that like any piece of crap they put out, Petra has demonic messages in their songs because they play the devils music, and use instruments other than pipe organ and piano, the PetraZone is full of crybabies, Josh's site was better, some idiots can't grasp that it is CITS, the other idiots can't grasp it is CITAS, people who wear Mickey Mouse shorts are supporting the devil because Disney land has gay appreciation day.....

Hehe, that's quite a list, but you forgot: Their management didn't/doesn't know what the %&%! they were/are doing, their websites are lame, Paul is with an ungodly band now so he is no longer a Christian, they should (or shouldn't have) kept Lichens...Should I go on? :mrgreen:
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:38 am

Yes, continue! :lol:
0 x