John's Wikipedia Page

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
petrafied
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War
Pethead since: 2000

John's Wikipedia Page

Post by petrafied » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:28 pm

As someone who uses wikipedia for everything. (I know that most people can edit info all the time, for good and evil, but I still love it!) I always search wikipedia about new bands, old bands and for info on their new releases or news. I was checking the info for John Schlitt and found nothing (in current info) other than the title of the new album. I know that wikipedia is the source all my friends in high school use to find quick info. so... I do believe the page needs to be updated, however I dont feel it is my right to add to the page, not knowing which details to include, like kickstarter, or just including the fact that the record is completely awesome!!! AND EVERYONE should buy it!!!! :lol:
0 x
"Though the winds may blow and though the floods may grow I shall not be moved, ‘cause I am on the Rock"

"But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ." Ephesians 2:13

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: John's Wikipedia Page

Post by executioner » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:38 am

I've often wondered how much of the info on Wiki can really be the facts and the truth? It would be nice though to keep the Petra and John pages refreshed and updated.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:49 pm

I believe Paul-CatNamedManny-was working on the Petra page. He made a post awhile back saying he'd been pretty occupied. I would imagine he will update stuff as he's able, he just probably hasn't had a chance to do so. He did a good job with it.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:45 pm

Yes, he was doing the Petra page, but never got around to John's page (as far as I know). petrafied, you and the world has the right to post on Wikipedia - that's the nature of the beast!

So if you feel so moved - -please, go ahead. I would love to do it myself but I just don't have the time. DEFINITELY needs a new photo.

If you need help or have questions - ask me!
0 x

petrafied
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War
Pethead since: 2000

Post by petrafied » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:08 pm

you and the world has the right to post on Wikipedia - that's the nature of the beast!
That's the scary part! :shock:

I will most likely make some additions to the page soon.
0 x
"Though the winds may blow and though the floods may grow I shall not be moved, ‘cause I am on the Rock"

"But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ." Ephesians 2:13

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:38 am

petrafied wrote:
you and the world has the right to post on Wikipedia - that's the nature of the beast!
That's the scary part! :shock:

I will most likely make some additions to the page soon.
Yeah I know you got to take everything you see on there with a grain of salt.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!