More Petra?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: More Petra?

Post by executioner » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:08 am

I've been talking to some about this deal(or whatever it is) with Capital and my understanding is we as fans better be behind this offering coming out in June, because sales & radio play for the new single could really affect an all new material album in the future. I think if we push the single on radio and get the right amount of sales we could get more material in the future with Petra.
I know to some this "greatest hits" package and also band members being involved is really not exactly what most of us want(me included), but if you want ANYTHING else in the future from Petra this is really important to show our support as Petheads.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:38 pm

Well, they are going to have to make sure it gets to the radio station PGs. Requesting music to be played on radio is impossible in some cases, as the radio programming is piped in, not local. If you call in to make a request for the stations here, the stations can't help, IF you get someone to answer. They are happy to take a donation for their "ministry" .

This just hit me. The new song will likely be the radio friendly tune. Does that mean we would get our J&H killer or does that mean the new music would be lighter? Capital obviously wouldn't put out one genre/type of tune to gauge demand for something completely different.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:01 am

brent wrote:Well, they are going to have to make sure it gets to the radio station PGs. Requesting music to be played on radio is impossible in some cases, as the radio programming is piped in, not local. If you call in to make a request for the stations here, the stations can't help, IF you get someone to answer. They are happy to take a donation for their "ministry" .

This just hit me. The new song will likely be the radio friendly tune. Does that mean we would get our J&H killer or does that mean the new music would be lighter? Capital obviously wouldn't put out one genre/type of tune to gauge demand for something completely different.

I was really wishing for 2 or more new singles so we could have the rocker and then satisfy radio with the other. I'm betting its going to be more radio friendly than anything, but if its anything within the realm of "Too Big" then I will be happy.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!