More Petra?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
HudsonPethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1997

Re: More Petra?

Post by HudsonPethead » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:31 pm

This is awesome!
0 x
https://t.me/pump_upp

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

Post by pmal » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Checkout Pete Orta's comment on the thread, this is hysterical:

Pete Orta Oh I remember these days. Be honest John, how many times have you gotten mad at Bob already? And I can just see Bob laughing now! Haha
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:41 pm

Matthew RJ wrote:FB just had a photo of John & Bob doing work on a Petra project. Sue ...care to give any details!?! :shock:

New single will be called "Still Thirsty" and God willing will be out in June via Capital... This is really great I hope we can get a couple of samples.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:02 pm

There is reference to "the project"..... what project?
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

zman7720000
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS
Pethead since: 1989

Post by zman7720000 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:04 pm

I am just so grieved that the classic line up is being left out completely.
0 x
"Ya take a bath each Sunday, if you need it or not
And ya go to work on Monday even when it's hot"

petraman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petraman » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:36 pm

Too bad it isn't the Dream Team.
0 x
WhiteHeart Rox 4 CHRIST!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:08 pm

zman7720000 wrote:I am just so grieved that the classic line up is being left out completely.

They did it to themselves; well at least 2 of them did.
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:29 pm

Exe, stop being such a gossip.

It's sad that Classic Petra has been kicked to the curb and quite frankly I think the saddest thing of all is how disrespectfully the fans of Classic Petra have been treated. Basically being told nothing official about the fate of the band after having been promised so much. The least they could have done is be honest with us. I know a fair amount of what's up, but most people don't. I know that the ultimate undoing was beyond their control in many ways, so I don't blame the guys for it not working, though there are certainly things the group could have done differently that probably would have resulted in a better outcome, but hindsight is 20/20 as they say. Still, I think they should have and even now should be way more forthcoming with the truth than what they have been. I think they owe the fans that much.

As things stand, I have no interest in this 40th anniversary tour because all it is, is more Farewell Petra. There may be some new music coming and that's great, but Farewell Petra hardly represents 40 years of Petra. The least they could have done was try to get Greg X. Volz involved to come sing his Petra songs on the tour, so they could at least represent the two major eras of Petra with both the guys who sang the songs. They are totally blowing something that could have been a great consolation for those of us who are losing what we hoped we would get with Classic Petra. This is not a 40th Anniversary Tour. It's an attempt to relaunch Farewell Petra, so let's at least be honest.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:34 pm

Preach...the fans were not treated any way. Exec is right. That incarnation ran it's course, and it is done. You cannot deny that, because you are mad about it being over without an explanation. They owe you nothing, Exec was right, you were wrong.

A bunch of CP stuff was made out to be more than what it was, or was publicized before being finalized, like the world tour, the albums, etc. A WHOLE bunch of stuff never materialized for various reasons. This stuff happens. The fact they are not doing anything else is very telling. Sales were not there. Tickets, CDs, downloads, etc were not there. The interest in the USA was not sufficient to create a tour, which is the only way to make it pay. Touring outside of the USA is not an option. You just don't tour abroad in the same form, fashion or time frames as you do in the USA.

Exec..Hahaha. Here we go. Pretty soon the old "If it's God's will, the old Petra will continue" people will come out of the woodwork. Bob is not the bad guy. That band had it's time to shine. It did....for a bit, then it fizzy out. It's time to put it back in the closet. Let the other guys, whom Bob invited, do their thing.

Some of you guys need a dose of reality. Some people in Petra were just impossible to work with and left a bad taste in people's mouths (in the band, in promotions, at the shows. Other members didn't and those were invited back. Personalities and lifestyles have to fit, in addition to musicianship. Being unequally yoked doesn't work in marriage, ministry, or music.
Last edited by brent on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:41 pm

And there goes more gossip. You two are quite a pair. But go ahead and gloat. Get your jollies at others expense. It just confirms to me the kind of people you are.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:48 pm

Preacherman777 wrote:And there goes more gossip. You two are quite a pair. But go ahead and gloat. Get your jollies at others expense. It just confirms to me the kind of people you are.
Whoah. I am not spreading gossip. I am looking at the obvious:

No Classic Petra
No Classic Petra recording
No Classic Petra touring
Prices dropped big time on purchases, concerts
No Greg and Louie invited to the anniversary tour
Problems related to people acting less than professionally on tour, with Bob apologizing

The thing is, you acted like a doofus, telling us we didn't know then what everyone knows now, and you were soooooo high and mighty. Look, I wasn't born yesterday. If you believe everything management tells you, you be a sucka'.
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 pm

Bob knows full well that a lot of people are greatly disappointed by the way things have turned out, giving people a decent explanation, so the rumor mill doesn't go crazy thanks to people like you and Exe, would just be the decent thing to do. And I'm sorry, but I'm not wrong about that.

Exe never provided any proof for the claims he made and neither did you.

When did Bob apologize for the way members of Classic Petra behaved on tour?

So now you're calling me names. Real classy there. You guys were spreading unsubstantiated rumors and I was trying to get the inside scoop. There was no attempt to be high and mighty, just to not feed the rumor mill, as you guys were pleased to do. There is still no evidence that anything I said or was told was wrong. I said they would not be touring or recording this year and I said there were good reasons behind that. That's all I said. My problem is that the good reasons have never been shared with the fans so that they could understood and not be victimized by the rumor mill and gossip.
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:59 pm

And I might add that the only people who have behaved like they were high and mighty and in all honesty, like immature school children have been you and Exe.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:29 pm

brent wrote:
Preacherman777 wrote:And there goes more gossip. You two are quite a pair. But go ahead and gloat. Get your jollies at others expense. It just confirms to me the kind of people you are.
Whoah. I am not spreading gossip. I am looking at the obvious:

No Classic Petra
No Classic Petra recording
No Classic Petra touring
Prices dropped big time on purchases, concerts
No Greg and Louie invited to the anniversary tour
Problems related to people acting less than professionally on tour, with Bob apologizing

The thing is, you acted like a doofus, telling us we didn't know then what everyone knows now, and you were soooooo high and mighty. Look, I wasn't born yesterday. If you believe everything management tells you, you be a sucka'.
All six reasons you listed are things I've been told also by people that know and have gotten their info from people on the inside.
0 x

cndfogie
Pethead
Pethead

Post by cndfogie » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:33 pm

I'm just wondering what "type of person/s" Brent and Exe are? If there IS new Petra coming out that is great. Hopefully Bob will rock out and we can get something even better than J&H. Classic/ Dream Team/Farewell who gives a flying fart. Money has to be made this tour could breath life into the band and it's music. Classic had it's shot/purpose. New season is here support it or not. It will still move forward.
0 x