GXV recent solo performance w/Louie

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: GXV recent solo performance w/Louie

Post by Preacherman777 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:38 am

Greg and Louie are kicking around the idea of forming a band called Beyond Jordan. At least that's what I was told a while back after the end of Classic Petra. I hope it comes to pass.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:46 am

Preacherman777 wrote:Greg and Louie are kicking around the idea of forming a band called Beyond Jordan. At least that's what I was told a while back after the end of Classic Petra. I hope it comes to pass.
I've been told they are looking at some type of distribution deal and maybe having a single out sometime in the winter. No offense to Greg or Louie but this Mike Schmitz guy can be very helpful with the connections he has.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:15 am

executioner wrote:
Preacherman777 wrote:Greg and Louie are kicking around the idea of forming a band called Beyond Jordan. At least that's what I was told a while back after the end of Classic Petra. I hope it comes to pass.
I've been told they are looking at some type of distribution deal and maybe having a single out sometime in the winter. No offense to Greg or Louie but this Mike Schmitz guy can be very helpful with the connections he has.
THEY DONT NEED A DISTRIBUTION DEAL! GAWWWWSH! Why can't people get out of the old school business model mentality? The issue is exposure. They need exposure. They have to pay for exposure. THAT is what they need. MONEY. Now, if a band has no money or does not want to risk their own, they need to get other money from people willing to risk theirs. They need a label. Distributors are good and essential for physical product. This new band doesn't need physical product. Since they aren't going to sell buy 15,000 units to people who Classic Petra, they should just stick it on iTunes.

I hope it works out for them. Don't care for the name, but that is my opinion and nobody asked me. Hope they get someone with some managing abilities to oversee the project and keep things square.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:50 am

brent wrote:
executioner wrote:
THEY DONT NEED A DISTRIBUTION DEAL! GAWWWWSH! Why can't people get out of the old school business model mentality? The issue is exposure. They need exposure. They have to pay for exposure. THAT is what they need. MONEY. Now, if a band has no money or does not want to risk their own, they need to get other money from people willing to risk theirs. They need a label. Distributors are good and essential for physical product. This new band doesn't need physical product. Since they aren't going to sell buy 15,000 units to people who Classic Petra, they should just stick it on iTunes.

I hope it works out for them. Don't care for the name, but that is my opinion and nobody asked me. Hope they get someone with some managing abilities to oversee the project and keep things square.

I think that is why Mike Schmitz is there, because of his connections and plus the best songs GXV ever made were the ones done by Schmitz. Your final sentence really puts it in the right context, because I do believe this to be the main reason why CP only lasted 2 years. Bob should have never allowed Greg's friends to manage CP; Greg controlled it all and Bob just stood over in the corner of the stage and said "what do you want me to play next".
If they have enough solid material it wouldn't surprise me if they try the Kickstarter route.
0 x

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:01 pm

brent wrote:They need exposure. They have to pay for exposure. THAT is what they need. MONEY. Now, if a band has no money or does not want to risk their own, they need to get other money from people willing to risk theirs.
The Tap had it right 50 years ago.

0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:43 am

It would be nice if in whatever they do if they'd try to get Mark Kelly to be part of it as well. I'd say John L. as well, but I know he is busy with other things. No reason the three of them can't be busy doing some new things and continuing to do some shows with the Classic songs, Greg's songs and anything new they come up with.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:20 am

And don't forget, from the same show, Greg's daughters, with Greg joining them doing Whole Lotta Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X-0h3K_FhI
Uh... yeah. Ii's definitely not church with lyrics like:
"Way, way down inside, I'm gonna give you my love,
I'm gonna give you every inch of my love"

"Whole Lotta Love"

You need coolin', baby, I'm not foolin',
I'm gonna send you back to schoolin',
Way down inside honey, you need it,
I'm gonna give you my love,
I'm gonna give you my love.

[Chorus]
Wanna Whole Lotta Love [X4]

You've been learnin', baby, I've been yearnin',
All them good times, baby, baby, I've been yearnin',
Way, way down inside honey, you need it,
I'm gonna give you my love... I'm gonna give you my love.

[Chorus]

You've been coolin', baby, I've been droolin',
All the good times I've been misusin',
Way, way down inside, I'm gonna give you my love,
I'm gonna give you every inch of my love,
Gonna give you my love.

[Chorus]

Way down inside... woman... You need... love.

Shake for me, girl. I wanna be your backdoor man.
Keep it coolin', baby.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:08 am

Well after watching this video for the first/last time and even though I've heard that song so many times but I really never realized what the lyrical content contained(never been a huge Zepplin fan); I am truly ashamed by this. How can something like this happen? There is NOTHING right about what I saw and could never imagine being up there on stage with my daughters dancing & shaking their stuff like they were and singing a song that is not only very disrespectful to the ladies but also disrespectful to God. The last paragraph of this song is sickening!!!
0 x

Boray
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beat the System
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Boray » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm

Well this is.... strange.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:38 pm

Boray wrote:Well this is.... strange.

In what way? Are you referring to the video or comments about the video?
0 x

Boray
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Boray » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:42 pm

I mean Greg performing in a song with those lyrics.
0 x

adpetrafan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by adpetrafan » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:50 pm

It is pretty clear to me that he was there to support his daughters. It sure looks like he was not planning to sing this song. I found this about the show FYI:

http://www.freenewspos.com/news/article ... amily-show

I stand by my original comment. The first two videos in the OPs message are great. It was nice to see those songs live again like that after 25+ years.

I did not know the words to the third song that was posted later, and am surprised it was chosen at all, but will not go so far as to question people's clothing choices, etc. He who has no sin and all that...
0 x

Boray
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Boray » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:55 pm

Can you hear that they are singing those lyrics? Maybe they changed it a bit like with God gave rock & roll to you for example?
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:07 pm

adpetrafan wrote:It is pretty clear to me that he was there to support his daughters. It sure looks like he was not planning to sing this song. I found this about the show FYI:

http://www.freenewspos.com/news/article ... amily-show

I stand by my original comment. The first two videos in the OPs message are great. It was nice to see those songs live again like that after 25+ years.

I did not know the words to the third song that was posted later, and am surprised it was chosen at all, but will not go so far as to question people's clothing choices, etc. He who has no sin and all that...

I get what your saying, and I'm not sure if Greg knew prior, but my goodness Louie had to know you would think(for practice purposes). Maybe they are like us and were unaware of the lyrical content; I don't know lets hope so anyways.

BTW I just watch a Robert Plant interview(looks like early 90's) on this song and he said basically wherever you have the word love in the song replace it with "the male's member" and you get the drift of the song plus it has to do with a married woman not being "takin care of" at home so she finds it elsewhere; so whichever way you flip this song it is not good at all. The other part that bothers me is not really the clothing but the way the ladies were acting throughout the song; they were very suggestive in their body movements.

***Because of the suggested material of the interview I felt it was not proper to post it here, but you can find it in the You Tube universe if you need to watch**
0 x

adpetrafan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by adpetrafan » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:36 pm

Go to :32 in the video and pause it. That is NOT Louie on the drums.
0 x