Greg & Louie (very short) interview

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
stsmedia
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: More Power to Ya
Pethead since: 1983

Greg & Louie (very short) interview

Post by stsmedia » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:53 am

I don't know how I keep stumbling upon these videos of Greg and Louie. Probably has to do with spending too much time on YouTube or something but here's a very short interview with Greg and Louie that looks like it was done very impromptu on a college campus somewhere.

http://youtu.be/g6esyV6hzdU
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: Greg & Louie (very short) interview

Post by executioner » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:42 pm

Boy that was short but good. I like how the lady reporter pronounces volz; I got a chuckle out of it.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:59 pm

where was voles mic?
they are talking like classic petra is touring still. wonder when this was shot.
41 years as a band. hmm
nobody cares about numbers. Odd that numbers are pushed on their various websites.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:10 am

The description said:

Published on Jul 25, 2013
An impromptu interview with Grammy Award-Winning Artists Greg X. Volz and Louise Weaver of Petra. It appeared on ECTV's Newswatch Today in Spring 2013.

So it was shot sometime this spring...

"41 years as a band. hmm"

I was thinking the same thing...
0 x

stsmedia
Pethead
Pethead

Post by stsmedia » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:30 am

I just thought it was cool that they emphasized their mission of trying to help save souls... In such a short interview that's what I come away remembering most.
0 x

petraman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petraman » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:41 am

Didn't he say 41 years in different forms probably meaning different members?
0 x
WhiteHeart Rox 4 CHRIST!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:49 am

stsmedia wrote:I just thought it was cool that they emphasized their mission of trying to help save souls... In such a short interview that's what I come away remembering most.
From the beginning and I'm sure until the end that is what Petra will be about..
0 x

superfly
Pethead
Pethead

Post by superfly » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:31 pm

exec., that's how I took it.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:06 pm

petraman wrote:Didn't he say 41 years in different forms probably meaning different members?
Classic Petra is not Petra though. In my opinion, that band does not have claim to the service, awards, concerts and "ministry" results that Petra enjoyed. I get the spirit of what he said, and what you are saying, but the statement kind of makes no sense to me. Just sayin'. Still love the guys and love what they did. Maybe it doesn't matter. It just rubbed me the wrong way, like they were trying to connect with something they shouldn't. I am wrong.

I will say that Greg, with all of his quirky ways of doing things, has always demonstrated and spoken to me first about doing things only if a church of any size would allow him to sing for a love offering. That was the only stipulation. That said a lot to me. One of the first things Louie spoke with me about in person, right after he got off of a plane was about a friend of their family being in dire straits, needing prayer. So we all prayed. Then we had fun. Both of these guys are crazy and fun to be around. Both of them have shown me that they care about others. Whatever they do outside of that is their thing and doesn't matter to me.
0 x

stsmedia
Pethead
Pethead

Post by stsmedia » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:47 pm

I will say that Greg, with all of his quirky ways of doing things, has always demonstrated and spoken to me first about doing things only if a church of any size would allow him to sing for a love offering. That was the only stipulation. That said a lot to me. One of the first things Louie spoke with me about in person, right after he got off of a plane was about a friend of their family being in dire straits, needing prayer. So we all prayed. Then we had fun. Both of these guys are crazy and fun to be around. Both of them have shown me that they care about others. Whatever they do outside of that is their thing and doesn't matter to me.
That's really cool to hear. Thanks for sharing, Brent. I've always gotten that same impression from their personalities, stage presence and interviews. Its good to hear that from someone like you who's has actually connected with them on that level. As much as I also enjoy hearing and talking about the music of Petra, Classic Petra, original Petra, Farewell Petra and whatever other versions are out there, I most enjoy hearing things like this: that this group of guys has strived to put God first. Not saying they always succeed (but then who of us does). Its still that foundation, alongside their music and talents, that ultimately draws me to these people that make up this band called Petra.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:27 am

Good interview with the guys, a pity that the interviewers really had no idea what Petra is.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:39 pm

Daniel wrote:Good interview with the guys, a pity that the interviewers really had no idea what Petra is.

Young adults & teens know nothing today about any type of history from music to real world history. My 18 year old knows nothing whatsoever about WW2 and Hitler; schools avoid the war history like its a plague. I could go on about the things he doesn't know about history wise(even though he took 2 years of history in HS and had it every year in JRH).
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:39 pm

brent wrote:I will say that Greg, with all of his quirky ways of doing things, has always demonstrated and spoken to me first about doing things only if a church of any size would allow him to sing for a love offering. That was the only stipulation. That said a lot to me. One of the first things Louie spoke with me about in person, right after he got off of a plane was about a friend of their family being in dire straits, needing prayer. So we all prayed. Then we had fun. Both of these guys are crazy and fun to be around. Both of them have shown me that they care about others. Whatever they do outside of that is their thing and doesn't matter to me.
Brent pretty much hits it on the head here. This is why I will usually say something when people start getting into their personal business on a message board.

I am all for seeing sin for what it is, but there are a few things we should keep in mind when dealing with it. First of all, we should keep in mind in the long run it is GOD we need to be pleasing. It is what God thinks that really matters, not what the public might think. Secondly, if we do approach someone, we should do so out of concern for their welfare, not out of an effort to make them do things the way we think they should, and it should preferably not be done on the Internet. :P Finally, we should keep in mind that we all fall short. If that wasn't the case we wouldn't need Jesus. Never, in all of the time I've been a Petra fan, have I ever heard any of these guys claim they were saints or spiritual giants. We all have at least the capacity to behave badly even if we choose not to act on it. Ask yourself what you would do if you were in the other person's shoes, and don't assume it could never happen to you--Cuz guess what, it could very well be you in the same circumstances one day.
0 x