john interview

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
superfly
Pethead
Pethead

john interview

Post by superfly » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:20 am

I just listened to the interview John did with Faith's Edge that was just recently posted. I must say that I just love listening to him do interviews. I feel so inspired just hearing him talk about stuff...he's such a great guy!

Sue, I also wanted to convey how much I'm enjoying the website for the Christmas project. I know it's only just started, but this really is SUCH a big part of why I like John funding his albums through Kickstarter. Like I said with The Greater Cause campaign, the website stuff (with it's pics and updates from John) is something I always look forward to checking and for me is as enjoyable as the actual music that we'll get in the end. Here's to a great several months ahead as this project continues!
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: john interview

Post by executioner » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:22 am

This is something that has always had me in John's corner; His excitement for his faith, his willingness to go that extra mile in time of need, you always know where John stands on issues. He is what they call REAL!!. You can see his heart for Jesus just shine through everything he says. Some may not realize but in the last couple of years with these Kickstarter programs John has had to become more inline with technology and computers, which he didn't do before. John posts every single day on fb just to remind us that "hey I'm here". He has certainly moved out of his comfort zone in order to help his fans and the Petheads.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

randy_rc
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS

Post by randy_rc » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:04 pm

John posts every single day on fb just to remind us that "hey I'm here".
*THIS* is why I love John… Nothing means more to me (as a fan) than for an artist to make those extra, almost insignificant steps to make the fans feel welcome and that they are a part of the artist’s life.

Can’t wait for the new album, John!
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:51 pm

It's a great interview - it's worth listening to for sure.

You can download the interview here:
http://www.johnwschlitt.com/fans/interviewsaudio.htm
Or here: http://onfaithsedge.com/episode-006-joh ... -hell-real

John's a great guy -what you hear & see is real. And yeah - he's made HUGE steps with computers in the past year or so.... used to be he never even looked at his email, much less type & post.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:39 pm

There's a new short sample on the Crew site of one of the new songs! Very raw at this point, but you'll recognize it right away (even without John telling you what it is).
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:24 pm

sue d. wrote:There's a new short sample on the Crew site of one of the new songs! Very raw at this point, but you'll recognize it right away (even without John telling you what it is).
Yes I heard it and I am one happy camper because it is my favorite Christmas song. Tell John thanks for putting it on the album..
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Carolina Petra Fan
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call

Post by Carolina Petra Fan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:49 am

I listened to the interview this morning. It was really good. Like others have said, I'm inspired by John's passion for God and for music.
0 x
Carolina Petra Fan

Petrafan4life
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Back to the street
Pethead since: 2010

Post by Petrafan4life » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:48 am

I like also that if you leave a comment, John will almost always reply to you, like he is your friend.
I had the honor of meeting him at his concert in Lacey, Washington. That was the most amazing thing ever!! :D
0 x
Petra is my life. It is not just a name, it's a way of life.