Is Petra done?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Is Petra done?

Post by fcollazo » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:41 am

By what I see nothing else is happening, right?
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

Re: Is Petra done?

Post by pmal » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:45 am

petra.JPG
petra.JPG (18.83 KiB) Viewed 6075 times
Nope, seem to be cookin' a little something up still ...
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:20 pm

Also something big is in the works for next year, I've been told only bits & pieces so I'm not even really sure whats being talked about; All I know is the label seems very excited about their future and a something about maybe a tour with another big CCM artist. BTW I was not told who the artist was but was told it might surprise some.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:22 pm

fcollazo wrote:By what I see nothing else is happening, right?
Either you haven't liked their fb page or you are not looking hard enough, unlike Classic Petra almost weekly there is some news or posting on their fb page about what's going on.
0 x

Dev
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1981

Post by Dev » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:08 pm

executioner wrote:Either you haven't liked their fb page or you are not looking hard enough, unlike Classic Petra almost weekly there is some news or posting on their fb page about what's going on.
***Why the dig at CP, Ex? I thought you'd already buried them.
0 x

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them

Post by pmal » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Probably because there hasn't been any CP news in three months while the Petra page gets an update about once a week, I guessing ...
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

stsmedia
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: More Power to Ya
Pethead since: 1983

Post by stsmedia » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:42 am

Dev wrote:
executioner wrote:Either you haven't liked their fb page or you are not looking hard enough, unlike Classic Petra almost weekly there is some news or posting on their fb page about what's going on.
Why would CP post every week when they've stated that they're on hiatus? Just to keep reminding everyone that they're "still on hiatus"?! What would be the point?

"Petra" stayed in the background, for the most part, while "Classic Petra" was in the forefront for two years. Perhaps Classic Petra has been being respectful of Petra's re-launch spotlight time, just as Petra was of CP.

Let's try to give each version of this great band some benefit of the doubt.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief

Post by Shell » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:51 am

I came to the conclusion quite awhile ago constantly posting on the Internet is overrated. :mrgreen:

Most of us don't have backgrounds in the biz and there is probably more involved in putting tours and all together than we might realize. I agree, let's just give them the benefit of the doubt and let them do their thing. 8) We tend to get so caught up in things that in the long run aren't really what matters. What counts is whether they are doing their best to keep God first, not how many concerts they might be doing. And since I don't talk to them on a regular basis or know firsthand what all they might have to deal with, I am going to assume that is what they are doing.

So there. :P :mrgreen:
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:01 pm

Dev wrote:
***Why the dig at CP, Ex? I thought you'd already buried them.

I guess you could call it a dig, but I see it more as an observation so let me make my point a little clearer; I'm not talking present day I'm talking when Classic Petra was officially together and doing dates. Their fb page was not updated consistently; very rarely did you ever see any of the members post anything about CP like updates and everyday stuff Like John Schlitt on fb and you will see him on there everyday giving updates on his solo stuff and everything Petra. Facebook is a free advertising tool that some artists like John use to keep the fans not only informed but also keeps the artists in the main memory bank. I feel Classic Petra failed to use this free tool to help themselves out.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:09 pm

stsmedia wrote:
Dev wrote:
Why would CP post every week when they've stated that they're on hiatus? Just to keep reminding everyone that they're "still on hiatus"?! What would be the point?

"Petra" stayed in the background, for the most part, while "Classic Petra" was in the forefront for two years. Perhaps Classic Petra has been being respectful of Petra's re-launch spotlight time, just as Petra was of CP.

Let's try to give each version of this great band some benefit of the doubt.
My intent was not present day but when Classic Petra was officially together. I do believe from my sources(keep in mind one source is directly inside the band) that Classic Petra is in the past for good; which Brent & I both have confirmed to everyone several months back; the only one that has said anything publicly about Classic Petra just being on hiatus is the young man that helped run their facebook page. There is way too much water under the bridge for these five members to go through it again; they would need a miracle in order for something to happen again. All my sources say the same exact thing without them even knowing each other "they are done".
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:01 am

So if CP is done completely, I guess we wont hear those albums they were working on..?
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:50 am

Daniel wrote:So if CP is done completely, I guess we wont hear those albums they were working on..?
I don't think they ever started working on those... Probably didn't get beyond the planning stage.
0 x

Petrafan327
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 2010

Post by Petrafan327 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:55 pm

I hope Petra makes a new album; they've still got it, and it would be a shame if they didn't. John Schlitt's last album was great IMO, and I think Petra should definitely consider a 2014 or 2015 release.
0 x
"I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of men than a fool in the eyes of God"
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Petrafan327/featured

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:20 am

Daniel wrote:So if CP is done completely, I guess we wont hear those albums they were working on..?
Bingo. They really squandered an opportunity there. Putting bits and pieces together, I got the impression that Classic Petra was largely a Greg X. Volz project, and the other guys were just along for the ride (except maybe Louie). Hard to build momentum under those circumstances, and they really fizzled out after the release of the live album.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:19 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
Bingo. They really squandered an opportunity there. Putting bits and pieces together, I got the impression that Classic Petra was largely a Greg X. Volz project, and the other guys were just along for the ride (except maybe Louie). Hard to build momentum under those circumstances, and they really fizzled out after the release of the live album.

The new material was really just in the discussion faze, nothing ever materialized from those discussions. Even though the five members shared equal ownership in Classic Petra Greg was the sole idealist in the whole thing and ran the whole thing with Michael(the management team), and this is a large reason why Classic Petra fizzled out within 2 years. I believe if Classic Petra did get another opportunity that Bob would most likely take the lead role in the whole thing and this would probably mean a lineup change; plus another issue would be John Lawry not wanting to do any touring any longer.
0 x