CPR

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
vds
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: beat the system
Pethead since: 1987

Re: CPR

Post by vds » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:20 am

I am not sure what some people are complaining about hear. Greg, Louie and John are more "classic" Petra than anybody but Bob. All three of them were in Petra before captured in time and space and play on the most classic albums /tours I know that Bob is an important part/founding member.but vocalists are the most important part of any rock .without the right vocalist you aint nothing .that being said Greg is one of the all time best rock vocalist .We should all be glad to see him on stage again.Greg is not Coy or Vance Duke to John Schiltt.I saw Petra on the "no doubt" tour and the guys in the band were joking with John about who was going to sing the classic petra songs they were talking about playing live.Yes it would be nice if Bob were playing in the band but im sure the other guy will do fine.And no one can sing like Greg.I wouldnt want any keyboard player or drummer other than John or Louie on a Petra project. Louie has been with the band probably more than anyone but Bob. There have been many bands that have kept their old name even when they only had one member from their old line up,including petra.after they fired Louie John S.was all that was left on the live shows.
1 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:49 am

Mountain Man wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:30 pm
Cancer just plain sucks.
Agreed. It has taken my grandmother and grandfather on my dad's side. It has taken relatives further up the family tree. The odds are not in my favor. If I get it, I am going to sucker punch Adam in the gonads when I get to Heaven. I have a friend/mentor who is living with cancer now, and there is nothing he can do about. "It is appointed unto man, once to die, and after this the judgement." Living by the sword is much easier than watching people die by it.
0 x

zman7720000
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS
Pethead since: 1989

Post by zman7720000 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:12 am

vds wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:20 am
I am not sure what some people are complaining about hear. Greg, Louie and John are more "classic" Petra than anybody but Bob. All three of them were in Petra before captured in time and space and play on the most classic albums /tours I know that Bob is an important part/founding member.but vocalists are the most important part of any rock .without the right vocalist you aint nothing .that being said Greg is one of the all time best rock vocalist .We should all be glad to see him on stage again.Greg is not Coy or Vance Duke to John Schiltt.I saw Petra on the "no doubt" tour and the guys in the band were joking with John about who was going to sing the classic petra songs they were talking about playing live.Yes it would be nice if Bob were playing in the band but im sure the other guy will do fine.And no one can sing like Greg.I wouldnt want any keyboard player or drummer other than John or Louie on a Petra project. Louie has been with the band probably more than anyone but Bob. There have been many bands that have kept their old name even when they only had one member from their old line up,including petra.after they fired Louie John S.was all that was left on the live shows.
Thanks for your thought and I fully agree with you. I am sure that there are others that do as well. At this point I do think that much of this serves as the guy's hobbies as well. Its just in this case we can all enjoy the benefits of their fun with them.
1 x
"Ya take a bath each Sunday, if you need it or not
And ya go to work on Monday even when it's hot"

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:22 pm

brent wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:49 am
Mountain Man wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:30 pm
Cancer just plain sucks.
Agreed. It has taken my grandmother and grandfather on my dad's side. It has taken relatives further up the family tree. The odds are not in my favor. If I get it, I am going to sucker punch Adam in the gonads when I get to Heaven. I have a friend/mentor who is living with cancer now, and there is nothing he can do about. "It is appointed unto man, once to die, and after this the judgement." Living by the sword is much easier than watching people die by it.
Pretty much everybody on both sides of my family (parents and grand parents) has had some form of cancer. Thankfully, none of them have died from it, but as you say, the odds are not in my favor. And now someone very close to me was diagnosed with cancer within the last year, and it has been in my head every day since. I'm not sure which is harder: having cancer, or loving somebody who has cancer. I know that someday God will heal every sickness, so prayers for healing are guaranteed to be answered, but I would prefer he fulfill that promise now instead of in heaven. But as our Lord prayed, not my will but your will be done.
0 x