CPR

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: CPR

Post by executioner » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:56 am

dihigo wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:15 am
Dan wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:19 pm
Mountain Man wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:57 pm
Dan wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:59 pm
dihigo wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:41 pm
Louie didn't play on BTTR II... guess his schedule was full.
Poor Louie. He just can't catch a break. Probably one of the best known drummers in Christian music, but he's on hardly any albums.
Maybe far more profitable to be driving than commit to studio time?
But Greg said on his Facebook page,
The Mix for the new CPR CD begins mid June ...I believe Louie has played his best ever on this project...love them drums...Greg X
Not to read too much into it but this is just Greg being Greg.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:19 pm

Dan, Louie did play on BTTR 2. Ronny told me it's all live except some overdubs and that Louie recorded all the drum parts. Where do you get that info that he did not play?
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:27 pm

Exe, where do you get that Christian played most of the drums on this project? John Lawry himself, who recorded the project said Christian played only small percussion. Maracas, congas, bongos, cymbals, rain sticks and the like, not drums.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:57 pm

It's just a bit strange that there are three percussionists besides Louie credited in the liner notes when every other instrument appears to have been played by one person.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:09 pm

fcollazo wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:27 pm
Exe, where do you get that Christian played most of the drums on this project? John Lawry himself, who recorded the project said Christian played only small percussion. Maracas, congas, bongos, cymbals, rain sticks and the like, not drums.
I'm getting from the usual people that are in the band; I was told Louie played on the album but the exact amount was unknown because they only saw Louie one time in the studio for about 3 hours(not saying he wasn't there on other days just that was the only time he was seen).
Christian played most of the percussion parts and some drum parts due to his availability(he lives close to Lawry), his knowledge of the material, and John's comfort level with him.

BTW A good reporter NEVER gives up his source; its called code of ethics.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mountain Man » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:34 am

Also, outing your sources is a great way to get people to stop talking to you.
0 x

HudsonPethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1997

Post by HudsonPethead » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:56 am

Ronny Cates about CPR.

"Facebook friends, I made the difficult decision to resign from being a part of the band, CPR. I feel that they would be best served by someone with a more flexible and available schedule. They have a super bright future and I pray God's blessings on them as they move forward on their journey. Go and support these wonderful guys!"
0 x
https://t.me/pump_upp

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:53 pm

That didn't take long. Yeah, with Louie driving and all of them being busy with personal ministry, operating businesses, etc, I don't see them doing more than one-offs on the weekends.
0 x

dihigo
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 1988

Post by dihigo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:52 pm

And then there were 4.
1 x
What are ya lookin' for the Devil for when ya oughta be lookin' for the Lord?

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mountain Man » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:05 am

This is about what I expected from what is essentially a tribute band with no money, no marketing, and no original music.
0 x

davealward
Pethead
Pethead

Post by davealward » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:28 am

I am sorry to see Ronny go. In all seriousness, I would like to see Mike Brandenstein (whom I saw play bass with Petra circa REVIVAL in Michigan) or Greg Bailey take Ronny's place.
0 x
Why don't you look into Jesus, He's got the answer!

dihigo
Pethead
Pethead

Post by dihigo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:49 am

davealward wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:28 am
I am sorry to see Ronny go. In all seriousness, I would like to see Mike Brandenstein (whom I saw play bass with Petra circa REVIVAL in Michigan) or Greg Bailey take Ronny's place.
Greg Bailey really would be the next logical choice as he knows all the songs and has been a "member" of the band longer than Mark Kelly & Ronny Cates combined.
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:56 am

With no intention of sounding negative I have the impression that they are not really doing much since they released the record. I have not heard of any concerts or any events and it is not that I have seen it getting much attention outside places like this. Looking at their homepage they don't list any concert dates or anything. Do any of you guys know any reason for this? So what is Ronny really leaving? Must be a rather strange situation.
0 x

dihigo
Pethead
Pethead

Post by dihigo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:51 am

Unfortunately this is what a Petra sans Bob Hartman looks like.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:05 am

curt wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:56 am
With no intention of sounding negative I have the impression that they are not really doing much since they released the record. I have not heard of any concerts or any events and it is not that I have seen it getting much attention outside places like this. Looking at their homepage they don't list any concert dates or anything. Do any of you guys know any reason for this? So what is Ronny really leaving? Must be a rather strange situation.
Ronny is the Technical Minister(director) at his church and is employed full time there; in the last couple of months he has taken on the added responsibility of teaching some type of technical course via the University of New Orleans with some type online course taking I do believe. If I remember right Ronny has a Masters Degree in this subject and does have his official university teaching certificate. From my understanding this is where his heart lies and he couldn't pass up on this opportunity. At some point in the past he did this same thing at a Technical college in Florida.

BTW I do remember seeing a festival date this summer that they are involved in but do not remember where or when it was scheduled; I would think Greg Bailey would step in and play at this festival but who knows.
The main reasons why this has no legs has a lot to do with money, but my personal opinion has to do with Bob not being involved and their decisions in remaking the classics and not willing to put out any new music even though GXV has touted several times over the last year on facebook that he has enough songs ready to go to make well over 5+ albums, so why not remake a couple of songs and record 8-10 new songs? Even 4/5 of members are former Petra members I think is wasn't the right thing to do in using Petra classics when the band is not officially Petra.
0 x