Washes Whiter Than Missing Tracks

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
User avatar
Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 1313
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:11 pm
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983
x 235

Re: Washes Whiter Than Missing Tracks

Post by Mountain Man » Wed May 22, 2019 8:49 am

I think "Morning Star" would sound perfectly at home on any classic rock station.
1 x

User avatar
dihigo
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:11 pm
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 1988
Location: Nashville, TN
x 30
Contact:

Re: Washes Whiter Than Missing Tracks

Post by dihigo » Wed May 22, 2019 1:18 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:49 am
I think "Morning Star" would sound perfectly at home on any classic rock station.
I've told the guys in CPR that they need to cover a few non-JDB produced songs. It'd be great to hear them cover anything off WWT.
2 x
What are ya lookin' for the Devil for when ya oughta be lookin' for the Lord?

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 786
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Pethead since: 2019
Location: Minnesota
x 350
Contact:

Re: Washes Whiter Than Missing Tracks

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:53 pm

George Harrison wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:31 pm
dihigo wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:13 pm
These 2 old songs are < the other tracks on Washes Whiter Than but > the new singles released so far from the Union of Sinners & Saints. Fight me!
I think I Still Believe was a cover. Anyway, I thought I Still Believe and One More Shot were good, though not extraordinary.
Does Petra cover Russ Taff's I Still Believe?? Or tuoss?
0 x
I'm out with lanterns, looking for myself - Emily Dickinson

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 2010
x 144

Re: Washes Whiter Than Missing Tracks

Post by George Harrison » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:26 pm

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:53 pm
George Harrison wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:31 pm
dihigo wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:13 pm
These 2 old songs are < the other tracks on Washes Whiter Than but > the new singles released so far from the Union of Sinners & Saints. Fight me!
I think I Still Believe was a cover. Anyway, I thought I Still Believe and One More Shot were good, though not extraordinary.
Does Petra cover Russ Taff's I Still Believe?? Or tuoss?
TUSS covers I still believe.
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 786
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Pethead since: 2019
Location: Minnesota
x 350
Contact:

Re: Washes Whiter Than Missing Tracks

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:12 pm

George Harrison wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:26 pm
Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:53 pm
George Harrison wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:31 pm
dihigo wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:13 pm
These 2 old songs are < the other tracks on Washes Whiter Than but > the new singles released so far from the Union of Sinners & Saints. Fight me!
I think I Still Believe was a cover. Anyway, I thought I Still Believe and One More Shot were good, though not extraordinary.
Does Petra cover Russ Taff's I Still Believe?? Or tuoss?
TUSS covers I still believe.
Oh, I do not like Russ Taff. I was just curious tho, half hoping my favorite band didn't cover a song I didn't like but thankfully they do not
0 x
I'm out with lanterns, looking for myself - Emily Dickinson

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 786
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Pethead since: 2019
Location: Minnesota
x 350
Contact:

Re: Washes Whiter Than Missing Tracks

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:06 pm

Speaking of TUOSS I heard my very first song of theirs today
Attachments
3806D796-50B8-4A27-B3DD-14D2C2AA1319.png
3806D796-50B8-4A27-B3DD-14D2C2AA1319.png (471 KiB) Viewed 2394 times
0 x
I'm out with lanterns, looking for myself - Emily Dickinson

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 2010
x 144

Re: Washes Whiter Than Missing Tracks

Post by George Harrison » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:50 pm

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:06 pm
Speaking of TUOSS I heard my very first song of theirs today
I like it's solo
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

Progfan
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:46 pm
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1981
x 77

Re: Washes Whiter Than Missing Tracks

Post by Progfan » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:40 pm

I Still Believe is by The Call. See album: Reconciled. Russ Taff covered The Call, and now The Union... has as well.
1 x

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 786
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Pethead since: 2019
Location: Minnesota
x 350
Contact:

Re: Washes Whiter Than Missing Tracks

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:29 pm

Progfan wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:40 pm
I Still Believe is by The Call. See album: Reconciled. Russ Taff covered The Call, and now The Union... has as well.
Ohhh ok
0 x
I'm out with lanterns, looking for myself - Emily Dickinson

stateofminduk
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:56 am
#1 Album: Washes Whiter Than
Pethead since: 1982
x 11

Re: Washes Whiter Than Missing Tracks

Post by stateofminduk » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:49 pm

stateofminduk wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:43 am
Here you go:
WAV and MP3 versions: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pzgagap04t8e ... APQ7a?dl=0
Just a quick note...These files have now been removed, seeing as they've now been made available on the official reissue of the album.
1 x

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 18 guests