He Makes Us Move Not Us

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

He Makes Us Move Not Us

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:53 pm

We don't make ourselves take the steps we take. It sounds stupid, but it's true. Although we are constantly thinking about things we don't make ourselves think those thoughts. We've walked about a million miles but none of them could've been walked without God. Not a step we take, breath we take, or thought we make could've been done without God.
1. He created us
2. So saying, He moves our hands and feet, He makes our tongues move, even as my thumbs fly across the screen forming words He is making them move and that goes with every. single. move. that. we. make. was done by the Holy Spirit and Him alone. We pray for things but once a good many of them get answered we think we know what step to take next, but every little thing inquire before God first. Remember, it's ALL about God. Every single little itty bitty part has to do with God first.
0 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

brenthandy
Pethead
Pethead

Re: He Makes Us Move Not Us

Post by brenthandy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:44 am

I don't think so.

God does not make us take steps or ordain all of our steps. That would mean God ordains our sin.

Consider this:

When we are obedient, we have an ordered walk to walk. That is not to say that God has his hands on our feet, putting them in place. He doesn't. He leads. We can follow...or not.

We have been given free will. We have before us a blessing or a curse. We must choose life and death, whom we will serve, etc. We will be judged and rewarded according to how we used our free will to grow our faith, do works, commit sins of omission and commission. It is up TO US to be obedient, not God. It is up to us to use our gifts and talents, not God. It is up to us to work out our salvation, not God. The fact that Jesus gave us the model prayer to ask for forgiveness says it all. We will not do what we should. We WILL sin against God and our fellow men. We are not made to do anything. We may be nudged, guided and chastized. But, we are not mindless beings. But God does not make each step for us or put our feet in place.

We are not under remote control.
Last edited by brenthandy on Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:33 am

Yeah I suppose the way you said that you're right. Sometimes when we say these types of things I think we don't realize they need to be double checked (myself, I mean) Now how do we delete this post?
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:09 pm

This is a discussion board to post ideas and get feedback from other people. I don't see any need to delete it unless you really feel the need to.

Maybe another way to view this would be that God guides and interacts with us but our relationship with God is a partnership, and does involve making a decision to keep Him first. Our part is to be obedient and surrender our lives to Him, and that involves reading the Bible and prayer. The Christian life is a process, and involves focusing on God and growing in faith. The Christian life also involves reaching out to others and telling them about God's love. We're all different and have different experiences; God works with us as individuals. Does that make sense?
0 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:29 pm

Yeah, it does. I guess I will keep it up. New perspectives are good
0 x

zman7720000
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS
Pethead since: 1989

Post by zman7720000 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:23 pm

There are elements of truth in both, God does enable and sustain life. If he removed his hand all of creation would cease. But he does not control humanity, thus free will. No, everything that a Christian does is not God ordained, nor does it need to be. He created us as autonomous and for his good work.
0 x
"Ya take a bath each Sunday, if you need it or not
And ya go to work on Monday even when it's hot"

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:01 pm

😉
0 x