A Time To Laugh

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

A Time To Laugh

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:10 am

We had a sub pastor at my church today and honestly he should be our actual pastor imo. He talked about Ecclesiastes 3:1-11, but mostly 4b.
A Time To Laugh.
And how, as Christians we should really laugh more, because nobody who looks at a congregation full of solemn sullen sad faces is gonna think, oh yeah, I totally wanna join them, they’re living a super happy life for Christ, I wanna live for Him too! Right? Laughing is healthy for us, it even says so in Proverbs, 17:22
A Joyful Heart is Good Medicine, but a Crushed Spirit Dries Up The Bones.
We laugh at different things, and for different reasons. Two little girls at the county fair that his family knew were laughing at what was supposed to be a serious chicken show, and that was contagious, as laughter so often is, and my sister next to me kept nudging me because we laugh all the time and ppl always tell us that we laugh too much, but I strongly disagree because you can’t laugh too much, although I do tend to laugh in serious situations or when my siblings are being disciplined. Our usual pastor came into our sub pastor’s (his name is Troy) office, and he likes to listen to music. ( That’s totally me!! ) And how usually he listens to Rend Collective, David Crowder, but today he was in a different mood. He was listening to Ac/Dc; highway to hell, and our usual pastor walked in on him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And Troy told his wife, and she laughed, as my sisters and I did, hard. We really all need to laugh a lot more. That was my laugh of the day, and I hope it was yours. Because we as Christians serve a God who like we should, also has a sense of humor. 1 Samuel 5, the Israelites are gettin confident, and they decide to take the Arc of the Covenant into the temple of ragon, an idol they worshipped, and God, with His funny side, made the idol break off and fall down before the Arc so as to be ‘bowing to God’. In 1 Kings, Elisha is getting made fun of by some kids, cause he’s bald— “go up, you bald head, go up you bald head,” they’re telling him, and some bears come out and maul these 42 kids who are making fun of him! And I was thankful that someone else thought this passage was funny other than me, because it is. So make sure you take the time to be happy in Christ even if you’re having a bad day, ask God to turn your sadness, anger, or stress or whatever you’re feeling to joy, and he will. You just have to be willing for Him to do His work, and life, stressful stuff, etc. is absolutely no excuse for not living a happy life in Christ. And yes there will be sad times but whether you’re in America, having the time of your life, or in North Korea being persecuted by Communists, God is with you and you should Never Give Up, He can turn your mourning into joy.

1 Corinthians 10:31–
Whatever you do, wether you eat or drink, doo it all for the glory of God

Proverbs 16:3-
Commit your work to the Lord and your plans will be established

One more thing, we were getting ready to pray, and I was thinking about Hands and Feet by Audio Adrenaline and probably 5 seconds later Troy prayed something like, “help us to be willing to be your hands and feet, Lord” like, is that amazing or what? His message today was something I, in my life really take to heart. So laugh today even if you’re dying in the heat, because that’s what I do, I forget about life’s stuff and focus on Gods stuff which my family needs to work on because my mom hates the heat, and so did I, but God and my newfound happiness in Him has made it 10x more tolerable for me, wish it could for her.
image.jpg
image.jpg (110.58 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (30.23 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
God bless, & have a great day
-Belle, aka, Diehardpetrafan:)
image.jpg
image.jpg (22.72 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
0 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Re: A Time To Laugh

Post by George Harrison » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:15 pm

Haha :lol:
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Re: A Time To Laugh

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:50 pm

George Harrison wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:15 pm
Haha :lol:
👍🏻😎👍🏻
0 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)