Union of Sinners and Saints tour

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Tutor23
Pethead
Pethead

Union of Sinners and Saints tour

Post by Tutor23 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

I drove from Southern Indiana to the Lexington, Kentucky, "house concert" on August 1, 2019. It was AMAZING! I was blown away by the excellence of these musicians! The sound quality was great, and they were supremely prepared to deliver a high quality experience for the audience, even for this small venue (there were about 40 people in attendance). They gave it their all for us.

All three of them - John Schlitt, Billy Smiley, Jason Fowler - can sing really well (well enough to lead any show alone), but I was most impressed with the strong, pitch-perfect voice of John Schlitt. It is inexplicable how someone his age can perform with such outstanding energy and quality, except by the grace of God! Jason Fowler's high-energy stage presence and guitar were full of life and vigor. I highly recommend them to anyone else who would consider inviting them to your home for a similar event. They played for around two hours. So many great songs: Petra, John's solo work, Whiteheart, UofSS new songs, Fowler's songs. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face the whole time. I was really moved. Also, the musicians made themselves accessible to the fans afterwards. Very special. I'll never forget this!

PS: see my other post about John's report as to his upcoming solo project.

Andy
0 x

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Re: Union of Sinners and Saints tour

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:24 pm

Tutor23 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:06 pm
Hi Everyone,

I drove from Southern Indiana to the Lexington, Kentucky, "house concert" on August 1, 2019. It was AMAZING! I was blown away by the excellence of these musicians! The sound quality was great, and they were supremely prepared to deliver a high quality experience for the audience, even for this small venue (there were about 40 people in attendance). They gave it their all for us.

All three of them - John Schlitt, Billy Smiley, Jason Fowler - can sing really well (well enough to lead any show alone), but I was most impressed with the strong, pitch-perfect voice of John Schlitt. It is inexplicable how someone his age can perform with such outstanding energy and quality, except by the grace of God! Jason Fowler's high-energy stage presence and guitar were full of life and vigor. I highly recommend them to anyone else who would consider inviting them to your home for a similar event. They played for around two hours. So many great songs: Petra, John's solo work, Whiteheart, UofSS new songs, Fowler's songs. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face the whole time. I was really moved. Also, the musicians made themselves accessible to the fans afterwards. Very special. I'll never forget this!

PS: see my other post about John's report as to his upcoming solo project.

Andy
Luck duck! I don't even know them that much but that would be awesome. Be grateful because I'll probably never get to see anyone I like since they're all getting too old if Y'know what i mean. :cry: 8)
0 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

Tutor23
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Tutor23 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:56 pm

Hey, Diehard, do you live in the USA? If so, what region? The UofSS band is making a fair number of stops along the way in their Storyteller Tour. Who knows? Maybe they'll end up within driving distance for you?
0 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:34 pm

Tutor23 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:56 pm
Hey, Diehard, do you live in the USA? If so, what region? The UofSS band is making a fair number of stops along the way in their Storyteller Tour. Who knows? Maybe they'll end up within driving distance for you?
I live in Minnesota, but my parents wouldn't let me (my dad especially) go to a concert, Christian or not, so I'm really sad now because a concert like that would be a dream come true for me. Oh well maybe someday if anyone's still around.
0 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

wish I lived in Michigan

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:56 am

Theyre performing at a missionary church camp for free. Those ppl are gonna have an awesome time I'm jealous. 8)
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:49 am

Tutor23 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:06 pm
It is inexplicable how someone his age can perform with such outstanding energy and quality, except by the grace of God!
It's a matter of clean living and taking care of yourself, which I think can certainly be attributed to the influence of John's faith.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:36 pm

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:34 pm
Tutor23 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:56 pm
I live in Minnesota, but my parents wouldn't let me (my dad especially) go to a concert, Christian or not, so I'm really sad now because a concert like that would be a dream come true for me. Oh well maybe someday if anyone's still around.
Your parents wont let you go to a concert, why?
0 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:24 pm

Dan wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:36 pm
My dad wouldn't let me go to anything, Christian or Not, and my mom (understandably) wouldn't let me go to a secular person, probably she'd let me go to Petra or anyone else like that if my dad would, though. But I cannot understand why he's so skeptical about Christian Rock. :roll:
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:46 pm

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:24 pm
Dan wrote:
My dad wouldn't let me go to anything, Christian or Not, and my mom (understandably) wouldn't let me go to a secular person, probably she'd let me go to Petra or anyone else like that if my dad would, though. But I cannot understand why he's so skeptical about Christian Rock. :roll:
How do they feel about your internet usage?
0 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:37 am

Dan wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:46 pm
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:24 pm
Dan wrote:
How do they feel about your internet usage?
What do you mean? I guess it depends. I don't have certain things like Facebook or Twitter but I dont really want or need them. My dad has seen me listening to music before but he's never actually asked what i was listening to and sometimes I wonder what he would do if I ever told him. Hed probably preach to me something about how they're just doing it for the money or Rock n Roll can't glorify God for three hours as I once saw him do to my mom only it was about Reckless love and I dont even like that song, and I do not believe that it is reckless, but he would just as well preach behind my back to her if I ever did. My parents are more strict than most these days but I'm actually glad for that because I could've turned out horrible for all I know. But actually they don't worry too much about my internet usage, now that I think about it. Why would you like to know?
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:50 am

I would argue that there are more moral dangers on the internet than going to Christian concert. Ask your Dad to go with you?
2 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:46 pm

Dad sounds way overprotective. I've been to dozens of concerts and only remember one injury (O.C.Supertones) and that includes all types of music. Of course, if you are 10 then I can understand your father's stance. :lol:
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:03 pm

rexreed wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:46 pm
Dad sounds way overprotective. I've been to dozens of concerts and only remember one injury (O.C.Supertones) and that includes all types of music. Of course, if you are 10 then I can understand your father's stance. :lol:
That's funny you mention the Supertones. I was at a festival, one of the last times they played live. It was after they had been inactive for several years. A group of hardcore fans in the middle of the crowd starting forming a growing circle, and pushing people out of the way so they could have an area to "dance". Security was right there watching. As soon as it got too hardcore, too close to moshing, security rushed in to break it up, and a couple people were hauled away. Moments later, security had to move back in because the group of fans that were still there insisted on starting all over. The festival's stance was always, "this is a family friendly environment. Let's point people to Jesus, not to the local medical center.". The die hard Tones fans especially, had no respect.
0 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:20 pm

Dan wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:50 am
I would argue that there are more moral dangers on the internet than going to Christian concert. Ask your Dad to go with you?
That's a GREAT idea! I never even thought about that and now I'm going to pray for the opportunity, Thanks sooo much for the idea!! Oh, and rexreed, I'm 12 but will be 13 by the end of this year.
0 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Post by George Harrison » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:11 am

I went to the CCM All Star Review concert at the No Greater Love Festival in Cochrane, Alberta yesterday (the union of Sinners and Saints was there playing with them). They absolutely blew me away. All the other bands didn't have a thing on them.
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'