Favorite Album?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.

Favorite Album?

Petra
No votes
Come And Join Us
No votes
Washes Whiter Than
No votes
Never Say Die
No votes
More Power To Ya
17%
Not of This World
25%
Beat The System
8%
Captured In Time and Space
No votes
Back To The Street
8%
This Means War!
42%

Total votes: 12

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Favorite Album?

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:41 pm

Just one please, so if you're favorite is in the next set of albums please choose from there and not the first. Thank you!
0 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Re: Favorite Album?

Post by George Harrison » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:45 pm

There have been several favourite petra album polls befofe in case you'd like to check them out , one about a year ago, and several older ones, some of which are older than a decade
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:41 pm

I know I've seen some like 'from the 80s' with Greg, etc. Etc. But I wanted one with all of them and I wasn't sure that existed. 💁‍♀️ I could still be wrong though.
0 x

Abelse
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1992

Post by Abelse » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:46 pm

As a product of the my age and the group organization when I first became a fan.... I will move on and vote in the next list that was mentioned but also recognize This Means War as being a stand out favorite on this list...

Its funny though that even after I was such a fan of John Schlitt as the lead vocalist (first for me) and Greg X Volz from an earlier time (also with songs I love)... just how shocked I was when I found the self-titled Petra album and heard how very different it was. I remember how shocked and surprised I was with the sound but it only added to my appreciation for the overall group and all it has added over time... as well as the familiar names on the album jacket with members!
1 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:01 am

Abelse wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:46 pm
As a product of the my age and the group organization when I first became a fan.... I will move on and vote in the next list that was mentioned but also recognize This Means War as being a stand out favorite on this list...

Its funny though that even after I was such a fan of John Schlitt as the lead vocalist (first for me) and Greg X Volz from an earlier time (also with songs I love)... just how shocked I was when I found the self-titled Petra album and heard how very different it was. I remember how shocked and surprised I was with the sound but it only added to my appreciation for the overall group and all it has added over time... as well as the familiar names on the album jacket with members!
Hey there! For me I started out only listening to Back To The Street through Wake Up Call, and only recently or a few months ago started on some Greg albums and later stuff, which I enjoyed :) How did you come a fan of them?
1 x

Abelse
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1992

Post by Abelse » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:42 pm

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:01 am
Abelse wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:46 pm

Hey there! For me I started out only listening to Back To The Street through Wake Up Call, and only recently or a few months ago started on some Greg albums and later stuff, which I enjoyed :) How did you come a fan of them?
Back in middle school mid 90s it was my go-to christian rock group, ha. My parents (dad was a pastor) got me a boombox with a tape player and first two cassettes were Petraphonics and Carman- The Standard. I then saved up some money from mowing lawns and bought No Doubt as my first tape choice since it was newly released then later built up nearly all of the albums over the next few years before cassettes became completely extinct. I still love them and love what they did with their Farewell album including updated versions of older songs, bringing in former group members and the medley tracks! Still my favorite group! My wife gives me a hard time, ha!
2 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:10 pm

That's cool! My dad probably wouldn't be thrilled if he knew I was listening to them. They're my favorite band too. He thinks that all Christian music is for the money, now a lot of it is, but a lot of those bands back then didn't get a lot of appreciation even from the church. Anyway, I have albums Back To The Street up to Wake Up Call along with some other CD's I've bought and my mom got me a discman for Christmas 8)
2 x