Favorite Album?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Post Reply

Favorite Album?

On Fire!
3
30%
Petra Praise: The Rock Cries Out
0
No votes
Beyond Belief
4
40%
Unseen Power
1
10%
Petra en Alabanza
0
No votes
Wake-Up Call
1
10%
No Doubt
0
No votes
Petra Praise 2: We Need Jesus
0
No votes
God Fixation
1
10%
Double Take
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 10

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305
Contact:

Favorite Album?

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:47 pm

Please only choose your first favorite not one from each poll- thank you :)
0 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

Abelse
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:30 pm
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1992
x 4

Re: Favorite Album?

Post by Abelse » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:50 pm

...for the record... Unseen Power, Wake Up Call, and No Doubt are all among my favorite (and most worn out) albums! Ha!
0 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 446
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 2010
x 117

Re: Favorite Album?

Post by George Harrison » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:05 pm

Abelse wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:50 pm
...for the record... Unseen Power, Wake Up Call, and No Doubt are all among my favorite (and most worn out) albums! Ha!
I like them all as well. I think No Doubt is a bit under rated, even though it's not the greatest album
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305
Contact:

Re: Favorite Album?

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:59 pm

George Harrison wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:05 pm
Abelse wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:50 pm
...for the record... Unseen Power, Wake Up Call, and No Doubt are all among my favorite (and most worn out) albums! Ha!
I like them all as well. I think No Doubt is a bit under rated, even though it's not the greatest album
I think it's overrated but what's wrong with it?
0 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 446
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 2010
x 117

Re: Favorite Album?

Post by George Harrison » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:43 pm

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:59 pm
George Harrison wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:05 pm
Abelse wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:50 pm
...for the record... Unseen Power, Wake Up Call, and No Doubt are all among my favorite (and most worn out) albums! Ha!
I like them all as well. I think No Doubt is a bit under rated, even though it's not the greatest album
I think it's overrated but what's wrong with it?
Some of it is a bit more mellow than I would have liked, part of the album is pop rock while the rest is still rock. While I think the rock songs on it are good songs, I can see why people don't like it. Personally I think it's a better than people think, although there are other better Petra albums.
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305
Contact:

Re: Favorite Album?

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:18 pm

I think there's still a couple songs on there I need to hear, but I really like Right Place and Think Twice. What's pop rock exactly?
0 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

St_Augustines_Pears
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:57 pm
#1 Album: GOD FIXATION
Pethead since: 1999
Location: Dead Moines, IA
x 4

Re: Favorite Album?

Post by St_Augustines_Pears » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:31 pm

God Fixation
1 x
THOMAS R. LEHMER 6/7/44-2/11/05.

"This journey seems so long, as I await the dawn...all alone and so weary" - Petra's "Over The Horizon"

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 446
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 2010
x 117

Re: Favorite Album?

Post by George Harrison » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:38 pm

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:18 pm
I think there's still a couple songs on there I need to hear, but I really like Right Place and Think Twice. What's pop rock exactly?
Pop rock is like a mix between pop and rock. It often uses guitar as well as other instruments, it is not aggressive or heavy like hard rock though. One Republic, Maroon 5, Fallout Boy, much of the Beatles, Michael Jackson are some examples.
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305
Contact:

Re: Favorite Album?

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:12 am

Alright, kinda what I thought. So what off there would you consider pop rock?
0 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 446
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 2010
x 117

Re: Favorite Album?

Post by George Harrison » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:31 pm

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:12 am
Alright, kinda what I thought. So what off there would you consider pop rock?
Most of those bands are pop rock to a certain degree. Also add Coldplay, the script, 21 pilots, etc
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305
Contact:

Re: Favorite Album?

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:23 pm

I meant off of No Doubt
1 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 446
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 2010
x 117

Re: Favorite Album?

Post by George Harrison » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:36 pm

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:23 pm
I meant off of No Doubt
Oh haha😂.

In that case it'd be songs like No Doubt, More than a Thousand Words, etc. I can't think of them all right now
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305
Contact:

Re: Favorite Album?

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:25 pm

I guess I thought it was just more groovy :lol: :mrgreen:
0 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests