Firebrands Music feat John Schlitt - You've Been So Good

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
User avatar
Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:11 pm
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983
x 191

Re: Firebrands Music feat John Schlitt - You've Been So Good

Post by Mountain Man » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:50 pm

Fascinating stuff. I find it funny that bass players are relatively cheap since it's a common trope that bass players get no respect.

On a related note, I read recently about how Def Leppard had a deal where Capitol Records owned exclusive rights to distribute Def Leppard's catalog, but they couldn't distribute it without Def Leppard's permission. The problem was that performers get a much smaller cut of streaming and digital sales revenue than they do for physical sales. Def Leppard naturally thought they should get the same cut no matter how the music was distributed, and because Capitol refused to renegotiate, Def Leppard refused to allow Capitol to distribute their music. They were at an impasse, so Def Leppard's solution was to go into the studio and record new versions of their classic songs that sounded as close to the original versions as humanly possible and then sell those and get 100% of the profit instead of having to split it with a label. They called them "Forgeries". Lead singer Joe Elliot had the hardest job having to sound like he did 20-years ago, but they did darn good. I think only the most discerning listener would have any idea these aren't the originals. (But I understand they've since settled their differences, so the originals are available for sale again.)





1 x

brenthandy
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 10:42 pm
x 39

Re: Firebrands Music feat John Schlitt - You've Been So Good

Post by brenthandy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:55 pm

We only have about 50 demo tracks and hundreds of small loops, phrases, etc. We just need to have the time to get serious and track it.
1 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 3946
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:56 am
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980
Location: Earth
x 51

Re: Firebrands Music feat John Schlitt - You've Been So Good

Post by executioner » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:24 am

He has never sounded better. THAT VOICE IS TIMELESS!!!
1 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 3946
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:56 am
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980
Location: Earth
x 51

Re: Firebrands Music feat John Schlitt - You've Been So Good

Post by executioner » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:29 am

Mountain Man wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:50 pm
Fascinating stuff. I find it funny that bass players are relatively cheap since it's a common trope that bass players get no respect.

On a related note, I read recently about how Def Leppard had a deal where Capitol Records owned exclusive rights to distribute Def Leppard's catalog, but they couldn't distribute it without Def Leppard's permission. The problem was that performers get a much smaller cut of streaming and digital sales revenue than they do for physical sales. Def Leppard naturally thought they should get the same cut no matter how the music was distributed, and because Capitol refused to renegotiate, Def Leppard refused to allow Capitol to distribute their music. They were at an impasse, so Def Leppard's solution was to go into the studio and record new versions of their classic songs that sounded as close to the original versions as humanly possible and then sell those and get 100% of the profit instead of having to split it with a label. They called them "Forgeries". Lead singer Joe Elliot had the hardest job having to sound like he did 20-years ago, but they did darn good. I think only the most discerning listener would have any idea these aren't the originals. (But I understand they've since settled their differences, so the originals are available for sale again.)





That famous "Steve Clark Crunch" is gone on Pour Some Sugar On Me
1 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305
Contact:

Re: Firebrands Music feat John Schlitt - You've Been So Good

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:43 am

executioner wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:24 am
He has never sounded better. THAT VOICE IS TIMELESS!!!
:mrgreen: ‘Tis ‘tis
1 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

User avatar
Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:11 pm
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983
x 191

Re: Firebrands Music feat John Schlitt - You've Been So Good

Post by Mountain Man » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:02 pm

executioner wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:29 am
That famous "Steve Clark Crunch" is gone on Pour Some Sugar On Me
That's because Steve Clark is no longer among the living.
1 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 3946
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:56 am
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980
Location: Earth
x 51

Re: Firebrands Music feat John Schlitt - You've Been So Good

Post by executioner » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:13 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:02 pm
executioner wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:29 am
That famous "Steve Clark Crunch" is gone on Pour Some Sugar On Me
That's because Steve Clark is no longer among the living.
Yep sad day when he passed. EVH says no one had tone like Steve and knew what to do with it.
1 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 305
Contact:

Re: Firebrands Music feat John Schlitt - You've Been So Good

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:49 am

Steve is one of my favorite guitarists 🎸
1 x
It's a perfect day for dreams come true
For thinking big
And doing anything you want to do
Let's get happy!
Doing The Unstuck- The Cure

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests