Petra Concert Listings - CCM Magazine

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
bertgangl
Pethead
Pethead

Petra Concert Listings - CCM Magazine

Post by bertgangl » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:24 pm

Hi, all,

If you've not checked out the updated Petra tour archive, please visit the link below, and be sure to let us know if you notice a show, venue or opening act(s) we've missed.

Along those lines, at one point in time, I had a pretty good collection of Contemporary Christian Music (CCM) magazine, but, alas, those issues have, over the years, disappeared to points unknown.

Which brings me to my question: do any of you here happen to have older CCM issues (c. 1982-1993) which might help us fill in a few gaps in our concert listing? If so, and you are willing to snap a photo or two of the Petra "In Concert" listings in the back of the issues, I would certainly appreciate it.

And, thanks to all of you who have chimed in so far with new concert info. We've gotten a wealth of new leads from the clues you've given us and have been able to turn most of them into hard and fast concert dates.

Blessings!

www.johnwschlitt.com/fans/tourlistpetra.htm
1 x

cvs2kids
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: All Fired Up
Pethead since: 1983

Re: Petra Concert Listings - CCM Magazine

Post by cvs2kids » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:31 pm

June 28/86 Moncton NB (Canada) Moncton Coliseum
2 x
Well done my good and faithful servant, you may enter with me into paradise.

bertgangl
Pethead
Pethead

Post by bertgangl » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your input. We do list the show below:

06.27.87 Moncton, NB, Moncton Coliseum (with Bryan Duncan)

Could that be the one? If you're pretty sure it was 1986, do you happen to have a stub or other info to help verify? We know that the band was in Shirleysburg, PA, on Jun 27, 1986, about 15 hours from Moncton, which makes the 1986 Moncton date a bit iffy.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!
1 x

no one
Pethead
Pethead

Post by no one » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:12 pm

Two dates I can add some info:

10.12.05 Ottawa, ON, Dominion Chalmers United Church (cancelled, Bob missed flight)
Tickets were honoured at the show the following night in Kingston, and John sang Jekyll & Hyde with the guitarist from the intro band (Bread of Stone?), then did a Q&A with the audience.

09.09.95 Toronto, ON
This was “Christian Day” at Canada’s Wonderland theme park, & White Heart opened.
1 x

bertgangl
Pethead
Pethead

Post by bertgangl » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:08 pm

Two dates I can add some info:

10.12.05 Ottawa, ON, Dominion Chalmers United Church (cancelled, Bob missed flight)
Tickets were honoured at the show the following night in Kingston, and John sang Jekyll & Hyde with the guitarist from the intro band (Bread of Stone?), then did a Q&A with the audience.

09.09.95 Toronto, ON
This was “Christian Day” at Canada’s Wonderland theme park, & White Heart opened.

I've e mailed Terje Rodland, the keeper of the tour archive, to add Bread of Stone as openers for the 10.13.05 Kingston, ON, show.

And, you're not going to believe this, but I just found the Canada's Wonderland show this very afternoon while searching Google Groups archives. Apparently, David Meece also appeared at the 09.09.95 show. How's that for a coincidence? ...

Thanks for your input!
0 x

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:59 am

Wish I could help you 8)
I like this thread, I think it would be cool to have some old magazines 8) I'm just watching these dates cause I can't exactly be of service but I like watching them to see the concerts that would've been fun to go to 8)
1 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

cvs2kids
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: All Fired Up
Pethead since: 1983

Post by cvs2kids » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:03 am

bertgangl wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Hi,

Could that be the one? If you're pretty sure it was 1986, do you happen to have a stub or other info to help verify? We know that the band was in Shirleysburg, PA, on Jun 27, 1986, about 15 hours from Moncton, which makes the 1986 Moncton date a bit iffy.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!
That would be it. The only thing I did have a BTS bandana from that show, but sadly, it has disappeared.

Anyone else having issues with their concert t-shirts shrinking as you get older? :lol:
2 x
Well done my good and faithful servant, you may enter with me into paradise.

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:49 pm

Have you checked my site for tour inserts? Almost every album from Not Of This World onwards included an insert with a touring schedule. Scans are present on my site. I have a few early 80s CCM magazines with touring calendars as well. Email me at petraspective at gmail dot com and I can send you some better scans than what's displayed on my site.
2 x

bertgangl
Pethead
Pethead

Post by bertgangl » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:01 pm

Hi,

Could that be the one?

That would be it. The only thing I did have a BTS bandana from that show, but sadly, it has disappeared.

Anyone else having issues with their concert t-shirts shrinking as you get older? :lol:

#########

I hear ya! And, to boot, not only do my concert tees shrink, I find it more and more difficult to remember where I put them as my years advance!

Thanks for your message (and a hearty chuckle)!
1 x

bertgangl
Pethead
Pethead

Post by bertgangl » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:04 pm

Have you checked my site for tour inserts? Almost every album from Not Of This World onwards included an insert with a touring schedule. Scans are present on my site. I have a few early 80s CCM magazines with touring calendars as well. Email me at petraspective at gmail dot com and I can send you some better scans than what's displayed on my site.

That would be awesome! I just tossed you an e mail from my MSN account, so look for that.

The early '80s CCM magazines will be especially interesting to browse.

Thanks, so much!
1 x