New Petra Project

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

New Petra Project

Post by fcollazo » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:06 pm

Hi guys. Stephen Yake posted the Beyond Belief Video on his Facebook page and wrote this:

"Ok another blast from the past.. one of my favorites that I directed and edited ...in Arizona Phoenix and Sedona and 115 degrees.. obviously before Waze..5 day shoot super 16mm..working on a potential new Petra project..stay tuned.."

Anyone here is aware of this new Petra project? Any insight?
2 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Re: New Petra Project

Post by George Harrison » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:29 pm

fcollazo wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:06 pm
Hi guys. Stephen Yake posted the Beyond Belief Video on his Facebook page and wrote this:

"Ok another blast from the past.. one of my favorites that I directed and edited ...in Arizona Phoenix and Sedona and 115 degrees.. obviously before Waze..5 day shoot super 16mm..working on a potential new Petra project..stay tuned.."

Anyone here is aware of this new Petra project? Any insight?
Not aware of anything but I'd love to hear them make another album or even a single.

Don't know if that's very likely but I can hope can't I?
1 x
'You've got no place to run!'

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

Post by pmal » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:01 pm

He's a video producer. Here's hoping that they record and sell the concert in MO.
1 x

HudsonPethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1997

Post by HudsonPethead » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:55 pm

Great news!
Maybe it's something related to Beyond Belief, the album is 30 years old.
2 x
https://t.me/pump_upp

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:31 pm

No one has heard anything about this?
1 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:46 am

I saw the same post on Facebook and my thinking at the time was him remastering all the Petra videos he has produced which range from the On Fire! Videos all the way up to the WUC videos and putting them all on one DVD which in my opinion would be awesome.
I will say that this concert in Missouri is a big deal because if they can get a great outcome this could lead to something more; I know JWS & JL really want to do something as Petra again and have been trying to convince Bob to get involved. Bob really needs to see that there could be some type of fan interest in order to get involved.
3 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:46 pm

executioner wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:46 am
Bob really needs to see that there could be some type of fan interest in order to get involved.
As far as I know, the "revival" projects have basically been financial flops, so Bob won't do it unless he's convinced he won't lose money.
1 x

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:50 pm

I really wish I could go to Missouri, but I think a video of all the Petra ones would be AWESOME!! I haven't heard anything of this until now and I don't have Facebook soo…
0 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:47 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:46 pm
executioner wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:46 am
Bob really needs to see that there could be some type of fan interest in order to get involved.
As far as I know, the "revival" projects have basically been financial flops, so Bob won't do it unless he's convinced he won't lose money.
Are you talking about the Revival album back in 2001? If so yeah they made very little money on that album but at the same time put no financing in it; That whole project was totally paid for by Inpop Records and Peter Fuhler as was JAH which actually made Petra Bob & John some financial success.
1 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:00 pm

Seeing old unreleased content would be cool. I would hate for them to invest time and resources for a new album and not recoup expenses. Can they really blow us away with something worthy of putting the Petra brand name on it? Can they make something that doesn't sound like it was produced in Nashville?
1 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:25 am

I think they are past the time where they can get really big again. If they had stayed away longer and not continued in all sorts of incarnations I believe there would have been a huge demand for a dream team reunion or a reunion of as many dream team members as possible celebrating that part of their history, playing the legendary stuff from back then.

They might still have a chance if they go for that stuff and that period but I think many people have lost interest during the years as many versions of Petra have existed with few or no original members. They need to really give it their all with a great line up if they want people to start to show up again.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:00 am

I know of people trying to make it performing Petra songs as tribute artists. They ask what I think and I say the same thing. Petra can't make it as Petra. What makes you any different?. Besides, we can see a Petra tribute if John and GXV do solo dates. Those are the real guys and they aren't killing it. So....do it as a hobby....in your bedroom. I would rather watch John do Head East shows or play with the JSB with JL on the youtoobs.
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:50 am

In my opinion the Classic Petra was the right thing to try after years and years of Petra being John Schlitt and some other guys with or without Bob. I would have guessed there would be greater interest and I still think there might be a chance for the dream team (or an incarnation with most of them) touring stuff from those good old records with great stage setups and the like. However, they would need to really put an effort into it, and like I said, I am not even sure it would be much of a succes. I know so many people who lost interest over the years - not for the original stuff but for "Petra" concerts and albums that mainly got people's attention because of the name and what the band once was. They would need to really send a signal that the real guys were back playing the real stuff at real venues with great setups. But it is quite a task to start there when you are unsure if people are actually going to show up.
1 x

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:59 pm

curt wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:50 am
In my opinion the Classic Petra was the right thing to try after years and years of Petra being John Schlitt and some other guys with or without Bob. I would have guessed there would be greater interest and I still think there might be a chance for the dream team (or an incarnation with most of them) touring stuff from those good old records with great stage setups and the like. However, they would need to really put an effort into it, and like I said, I am not even sure it would be much of a succes. I know so many people who lost interest over the years - not for the original stuff but for "Petra" concerts and albums that mainly got people's attention because of the name and what the band once was. They would need to really send a signal that the real guys were back playing the real stuff at real venues with great setups. But it is quite a task to start there when you are unsure if people are actually going to show up.
Yeah! Gee, like, kind of relive the 80s/90s concerts? I would go, but how many more would?
1 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:36 pm

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:59 pm
Yeah! Gee, like, kind of relive the 80s/90s concerts? I would go, but how many more would?
Probably more people than for any other version of Petra. But, I'm not sure it would be that many or that much of a succes financially.
1 x