Petra March 21, 2020 concert

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Tutor23
Pethead
Pethead

Petra March 21, 2020 concert

Post by Tutor23 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:02 pm

Who's going to the March 21 concert in Missouri? My son and are driving 5.5 hours to get there and are staying overnight. Can't wait!!!
2 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: Petra March 21, 2020 concert

Post by executioner » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:58 pm

Wish we could but we had already planned out our trips for this year. I believe we are about 12 hours away.
1 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:17 am

Here in Minnesota I looked it up, its 7hr away and my mom won't take me even though she's going in September for a book fest and my dad is in Chile on a mission trip from the 7th to the 22nd :| I even offered to pay for tickets but she still said no :cry: Really sad, cause in my town it's too small to do anything so you don't get a lot of fun.

Blessings for your's and your son's trip though!! :)
2 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

HudsonPethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1997

Post by HudsonPethead » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:47 pm

Petra post on Facebook:
.MERAMEC MUSIC THEATER & PETRA POSTPONE MO CONCERTS

Due to the coronavirus outbreak, the promoter and ourselves have decided to postpone the March 21 concerts.
We hope to reschedule as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this safety-first action.
Please stay tuned for further information.
Venue Link: VENUE Link:https://wildwoodspringssales.com/concer ... ch-212020/
1 x
https://t.me/pump_upp

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:20 pm

HudsonPethead wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:47 pm
Petra post on Facebook:
.MERAMEC MUSIC THEATER & PETRA POSTPONE MO CONCERTS

Due to the coronavirus outbreak, the promoter and ourselves have decided to postpone the March 21 concerts.
We hope to reschedule as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this safety-first action.
Please stay tuned for further information.
Venue Link: VENUE Link:https://wildwoodspringssales.com/concer ... ch-212020/
:evil: I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW ANNOYED I AM WITH THE CORONA VIRUS, and please whatever you do, don't bring it up on here in a post, I can't even!!
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:26 am

You have valid reasons to be annoyed, but I think the point was to let people know the concert had been cancelled. Take this to the Lord in prayer. He is bigger than all this.
2 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:50 am

Shell wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:26 am
You have valid reasons to be annoyed, but I think the point was to let people know the concert had been cancelled. Take this to the Lord in prayer. He is bigger than all this.
I know…… but the grocery stores! Everyone is freaking out because of it and my mom says it's nothing big and they're all being crazy. It's just a virus, Ebola is worse, influenza kills more people than the corona virus!! All the news is on the radio is all the things getting cancelled, postponed, and to "please understand" "please stay by yourself" and things that are just plain manners like washing your hands after using the bathroom or coughing into your arm. My mom thinks there's government stuff behind it… but there I'm done. Sighhhhhhhhhh
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:37 am

I hear you. I get fed up with the media nonsense too. This isn't the first time this has happened though as you pointed out. This will pass.
2 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:52 pm

I got laid off from my job because of coronavirus hysteria. This is hitting the event and production industry very hard. A lot of freelancers who count on gigs like this for a living are out of work because of concerts, sporting events, and trade shows being cancelled.

Hopefully this will blow over in a couple of weeks, and we can all get back to work.
3 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Post by George Harrison » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:03 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:52 pm
I got laid off from my job because of coronavirus hysteria. This is hitting the event and production industry very hard. A lot of freelancers who count on gigs like this for a living are out of work because of concerts, sporting events, and trade shows being cancelled.

Hopefully this will blow over in a couple of weeks, and we can all get back to work.
That's too bad! What industry do you work in?
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:40 pm

George Harrison wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:03 pm
Mountain Man wrote:

I work for an event production company. Mainly corporate. We do stage and set design, lighting, sound, video projection, in-house graphic design, audio and video production. Pretty much everything. Well, at least we did. Over the past few weeks, all of our clients cancelled, and the company president had no choice but to layoff the entire staff, around 50 employees. And it's not just us. One of my coworkers does freelance work for another company doing local sports television, and all of his upcoming gigs have cancelled, too. Hopefully we'll start back up once the panic has subsided. We'll see.
2 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:03 pm

Mountain Man wrote:

I'm sorry about that.
1 x

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1984

Post by sickasadog » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:48 pm

Imagine you are a healthcare worker in an intensive care ward giving supportive care for patients suffering pneumonia as a result of covid-19 infection. You have 100 patients in your facility that need respirators to survive. You have only 50.

This is what has happened in Italy as the numbers of patients spiked due to a slow response. Nurses have been seen in tears after having to decide who gets to live, over and over again.

It's important to slow the spread of the virus so as not to overwhelm the capacity of the health care system.

I think it's important to pray for those who are ill, those who are vulnerable, leaders who are making difficult decisions in every level of government and society, as well as those suffering financial and employment uncertainty (most of us).

I also think it's important to put the needs of vulnerable people before our own. Everyone can think of a few people in their community who may be directly impacted by careless choices of their neighbors. They may be parents/grandparents or people that have cancer, cystic fibrosis, heart conditions, respiratory illnesses, immunosuppression, the list goes on.

All of this really sucks at the moment, but things could be much worse if we don't slow down the rate of infection.
3 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:50 pm

sickasadog wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:48 pm
Imagine you are a healthcare worker in an intensive care ward giving supportive care for patients suffering pneumonia as a result of covid-19 infection. You have 100 patients in your facility that need respirators to survive. You have only 50.

This is what has happened in Italy as the numbers of patients spiked due to a slow response. Nurses have been seen in tears after having to decide who gets to live, over and over again.

It's important to slow the spread of the virus so as not to overwhelm the capacity of the health care system.

I think it's important to pray for those who are ill, those who are vulnerable, leaders who are making difficult decisions in every level of government and society, as well as those suffering financial and employment uncertainty (most of us).

I also think it's important to put the needs of vulnerable people before our own. Everyone can think of a few people in their community who may be directly impacted by careless choices of their neighbors. They may be parents/grandparents or people that have cancer, cystic fibrosis, heart conditions, respiratory illnesses, immunosuppression, the list goes on.

All of this really sucks at the moment, but things could be much worse if we don't slow down the rate of infection.
You're right… :|
1 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Post by George Harrison » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:44 am

Mountain Man wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:40 pm
George Harrison wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:03 pm
Mountain Man wrote:

I work for an event production company. Mainly corporate. We do stage and set design, lighting, sound, video projection, in-house graphic design, audio and video production. Pretty much everything. Well, at least we did. Over the past few weeks, all of our clients cancelled, and the company president had no choice but to layoff the entire staff, around 50 employees. And it's not just us. One of my coworkers does freelance work for another company doing local sports television, and all of his upcoming gigs have cancelled, too. Hopefully we'll start back up once the panic has subsided. We'll see.
Yes, I can imagine the virus would have a terrible effect on your company. I hope something works out for you soon
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'