Petra March 21, 2020 concert

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
zman7720000
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS
Pethead since: 1989

Re: Petra March 21, 2020 concert

Post by zman7720000 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:23 am

sickasadog wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:48 pm
Imagine you are a healthcare worker in an intensive care ward giving supportive care for patients suffering pneumonia as a result of covid-19 infection. You have 100 patients in your facility that need respirators to survive. You have only 50.

This is what has happened in Italy as the numbers of patients spiked due to a slow response. Nurses have been seen in tears after having to decide who gets to live, over and over again.

It's important to slow the spread of the virus so as not to overwhelm the capacity of the health care system.

I think it's important to pray for those who are ill, those who are vulnerable, leaders who are making difficult decisions in every level of government and society, as well as those suffering financial and employment uncertainty (most of us).

I also think it's important to put the needs of vulnerable people before our own. Everyone can think of a few people in their community who may be directly impacted by careless choices of their neighbors. They may be parents/grandparents or people that have cancer, cystic fibrosis, heart conditions, respiratory illnesses, immunosuppression, the list goes on.

All of this really sucks at the moment, but things could be much worse if we don't slow down the rate of infection.
You’re right with this on both counts. We need to be “wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.”

Blessings,
3 x
"Ya take a bath each Sunday, if you need it or not
And ya go to work on Monday even when it's hot"

Progfan
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1981

Post by Progfan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:51 pm

Mountain Man, I’m also in the live event industry. This is indeed a trying time. We had all of our annual spring events canceled over the last couple of weeks. Hopefully this doesn’t last long. Luckily we also do permanent AV installations, which are generally still proceeding as planned. Stay strong and let’s all be in prayer for each other, as well as those who are sick.
2 x

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:08 pm

Progfan wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:51 pm
Mountain Man, I’m also in the live event industry. This is indeed a trying time. We had all of our annual spring events canceled over the last couple of weeks. Hopefully this doesn’t last long. Luckily we also do permanent AV installations, which are generally still proceeding as planned. Stay strong and let’s all be in prayer for each other, as well as those who are sick.
👊 You're the kinda guy we need right now :mrgreen:
1 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:12 pm

Progfan wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:51 pm
I keep telling my son, "Take a lesson from me and pick a profession that people will actually miss if it goes away." :lol:
3 x