Back to The Street recording dates

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: Back to The Street recording dates

Post by brent » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:11 pm

Alternate names (take them in the humor they are intended:

Double Take

Ancient of Days ('cause they old, ha ha)

Homeless Few ('cause it doesn't pay that well)

It Is Finished

Alter Ego
3 x

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:15 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Can't stop laughing :lol:

Homeless Few & It Is Finished-- the best :lol: :lol:
1 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:06 am

Then there is:

Armed and dangerous

However that name would be more fitting for the guys in Stryper on some of their first records.
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:09 am

And perhaps II guys from Petra should call themselves:

Two Are Better Than One
2 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:17 am

Wake Up Call might be a good name
1 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:59 am

executioner wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:58 am
George Harrison wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:11 pm
Mountain Man wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:47 pm
curt wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:22 pm
Mountain Man wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:11 pm
Maybe CPR could take a crack at it!
I very much doubt they are going to do it, but it would be interesting. I guess, however, that I am finding myself among a minority in this case and that there would be much more interest in them doing other stuff. However it would somehow strengthen the message, if that record really took them back to the street.
I know. I was joking, although I'd be very interested to hear Greg singing those songs.

And yes, I'd love to hear CPR record new material. I didn't care much for their "re-imagined" Petra songs, and they're a group of talented musicians who should move forward instead of retreating to the past.
Agreed. They should do new material.
I liked Back To The Rock but after Bob said I'm out I totally lost interest. I still keep wondering why they don't do more new material because GXV is always saying he has enough songs ready to make 3-4 albums.
Greg seems to have a habit of saying things that aren't necessarily true.

Maybe that's too harsh. Greg probably does have a few dozen songs (or at least song ideas) that could be turned into album material, but I have a feeling they're Greg X. Volz songs and not Petra songs. Fact is, Bob Hartman is 100% responsible for the sound we identify as "Petra", and unless he's writing the songs and taking the reins in the studio, it's not going to have the sound that we want.
1 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:06 am

Alternate names:

The "God Gave Rock And Roll To You" Experience

Some Guys From Petra

The World's Best Petra Tribute Band

What Are You Looking For Petra For When You Oughta Just Buy Our Stuff?
2 x

zman7720000
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS
Pethead since: 1989

Post by zman7720000 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:47 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:59 am
executioner wrote:
George Harrison wrote:
Mountain Man wrote:
curt wrote:
Mountain Man wrote:
I very much doubt they are going to do it, but it would be interesting. I guess, however, that I am finding myself among a minority in this case and that there would be much more interest in them doing other stuff. However it would somehow strengthen the message, if that record really took them back to the street.
I know. I was joking, although I'd be very interested to hear Greg singing those songs.

And yes, I'd love to hear CPR record new material. I didn't care much for their "re-imagined" Petra songs, and they're a group of talented musicians who should move forward instead of retreating to the past.
I liked Back To The Rock but after Bob said I'm out I totally lost interest. I still keep wondering why they don't do more new material because GXV is always saying he has enough songs ready to make 3-4 albums.

Maybe that's too harsh. Greg probably does have a few dozen songs (or at least song ideas) that could be turned into album material, but I have a feeling they're Greg X. Volz songs and not Petra songs. Fact is, Bob Hartman is 100% responsible for the sound we identify as "Petra", and unless he's writing the songs and taking the reins in the studio, it's not going to have the sound that we want.
Greg seems to communicate in a sort of natural and unintended hyperbole, not unlike the POTUS. The essence of what he says is true.
0 x
"Ya take a bath each Sunday, if you need it or not
And ya go to work on Monday even when it's hot"

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:11 am

It's wonderful, just wonderful. Just great. Great. We are the best, just wonderful, some of the best people playing. There really isn't anyone better. We are just wonderful people. Our music is the best in the world. It's THE best. Nobody plays music better than us.
Last edited by brent on Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:34 am

Mountain Man wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:59 am
executioner wrote:
George Harrison wrote:
Mountain Man wrote:
curt wrote:
Mountain Man wrote:

No it is not too harsh, some people are habitual at not telling the truth and he seems to one of those types.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:52 am

brent wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:11 am
It's wonderful, just wonderful. Just great. Great. We are the best, just wonderful, some of the best people playing. There really isn't anyone better. We are just wonderful people. Our music is the best in the world. It's THE best. Nobbody plays music better than us.
And the audience was the largest ever.
1 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:38 pm

curt wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:52 am
brent wrote:
It's wonderful, just wonderful. Just great. Great. We are the best, just wonderful, some of the best people playing. There really isn't anyone better. We are just wonderful people. Our music is the best in the world. It's THE best. Nobbody plays music better than us.
We have the best audiences on the planet. Some of the smartest....of all of the audiences in the world, ours are the largest and the best and they love me. I am doing the best job ever. Nobody sings as well and draws an audience like I do. They ALL love me. Well, maybe some of them don't but I am the best and they are the largest. We had a girl in our last audience, just the nicest, smartest girl. And you know what she told me? You are the best. She is the smartest girl. She comes from a family of nice people. Truly great, wonderful people. Did I mention how good of a job we are doing in front of our audiences? We are singing and playing. Nobody is playing better than us. We don't need Bob. Bob is great, but we are getting along just fine. Our guitar player has been working hard, really hard, and he is unbelievable. I told Bob, "You know something". We will be fine without you. We have this new guy and he plays fine. I love all of the guys in this group. They are the best. Nobody plays air guitar like me. Nobody has my lightning shirt." You know, if we ever do some touring, we can get Louie back to work as our driver. You have never seen a clean bus until you have seen Louie's. That man can clean. He is the best. No drummer cleans a bus and drives as smooth as Louie Weaver. I would highly recommend him.
2 x

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:04 pm

brent wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:38 pm
curt wrote:
brent wrote:
We have the best audiences on the planet. Some of the smartest....of all of the audiences in the world, ours are the largest and the best and they love me. I am doing the best job ever. Nobody sings as well and draws an audience like I do. They ALL love me. Well, maybe some of them don't but I am the best and they are the largest. We had a girl in our last audience, just the nicest, smartest girl. And you know what she told me? You are the best. She is the smartest girl. She comes from a family of nice people. Truly great, wonderful people. Did I mention how good of a job we are doing in front of our audiences? We are singing and playing. Nobody is playing better than us. We don't need Bob. Bob is great, but we are getting along just fine. Our guitar player has been working hard, really hard, and he is unbelievable. I told Bob, "You know something". We will be fine without you. We have this new guy and he plays fine. I love all of the guys in this group. They are the best. Nobody plays air guitar like me. Nobody has my lightning shirt." You know, if we ever do some touring, we can get Louie back to work as our driver. You have never seen a clean bus until you have seen Louie's. That man can clean. He is the best. No drummer cleans a bus and drives as smooth as Louie Weaver. I would highly recommend him.
Is that what Greg is like?? Geez! Poor Bob; sure they're my favorite band, but Greg seems arrogant.
0 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Post by George Harrison » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:15 pm

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:04 pm
brent wrote:
curt wrote:
brent wrote:
Is that what Greg is like?? Geez! Poor Bob; sure they're my favorite band, but Greg seems arrogant.
No they are imitating Trump I believe. It is pretty funny 😂
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:51 pm

George Harrison wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:15 pm
Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:04 pm
brent wrote:
curt wrote:
brent wrote:
No they are imitating Trump I believe. It is pretty funny 😂
Oh I see :lol:
1 x