Back to The Street recording dates

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
User avatar
Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 1279
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:11 pm
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983
x 178

Re: Back to The Street recording dates

Post by Mountain Man » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:47 pm

curt wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:22 pm
Mountain Man wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:11 pm
Maybe CPR could take a crack at it!
I very much doubt they are going to do it, but it would be interesting. I guess, however, that I am finding myself among a minority in this case and that there would be much more interest in them doing other stuff. However it would somehow strengthen the message, if that record really took them back to the street.
I know. I was joking, although I'd be very interested to hear Greg singing those songs.

And yes, I'd love to hear CPR record new material. I didn't care much for their "re-imagined" Petra songs, and they're a group of talented musicians who should move forward instead of retreating to the past.
2 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
x 114

Re: Back to The Street recording dates

Post by George Harrison » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:11 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:47 pm
curt wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:22 pm
Mountain Man wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:11 pm
Maybe CPR could take a crack at it!
I very much doubt they are going to do it, but it would be interesting. I guess, however, that I am finding myself among a minority in this case and that there would be much more interest in them doing other stuff. However it would somehow strengthen the message, if that record really took them back to the street.
I know. I was joking, although I'd be very interested to hear Greg singing those songs.

And yes, I'd love to hear CPR record new material. I didn't care much for their "re-imagined" Petra songs, and they're a group of talented musicians who should move forward instead of retreating to the past.
Agreed. They should do new material.
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 3945
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:56 am
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980
Location: Earth
x 50

Re: Back to The Street recording dates

Post by executioner » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:58 am

George Harrison wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:11 pm
Mountain Man wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:47 pm
curt wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:22 pm
Mountain Man wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:11 pm
Maybe CPR could take a crack at it!
I very much doubt they are going to do it, but it would be interesting. I guess, however, that I am finding myself among a minority in this case and that there would be much more interest in them doing other stuff. However it would somehow strengthen the message, if that record really took them back to the street.
I know. I was joking, although I'd be very interested to hear Greg singing those songs.

And yes, I'd love to hear CPR record new material. I didn't care much for their "re-imagined" Petra songs, and they're a group of talented musicians who should move forward instead of retreating to the past.
Agreed. They should do new material.
[/quote

I liked Back To The Rock but after Bob said I'm out I totally lost interest. I still keep wondering why they don't do more new material because GXV is always saying he has enough songs ready to make 3-4 albums.
1 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
x 114

Re: Back to The Street recording dates

Post by George Harrison » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:38 pm

executioner wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:58 am
George Harrison wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:11 pm
Mountain Man wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:47 pm
curt wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:22 pm
Mountain Man wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:11 pm
Maybe CPR could take a crack at it!
I very much doubt they are going to do it, but it would be interesting. I guess, however, that I am finding myself among a minority in this case and that there would be much more interest in them doing other stuff. However it would somehow strengthen the message, if that record really took them back to the street.
I know. I was joking, although I'd be very interested to hear Greg singing those songs.

And yes, I'd love to hear CPR record new material. I didn't care much for their "re-imagined" Petra songs, and they're a group of talented musicians who should move forward instead of retreating to the past.
Agreed. They should do new material.
[/quote

I liked Back To The Rock but after Bob said I'm out I totally lost interest. I still keep wondering why they don't do more new material because GXV is always saying he has enough songs ready to make 3-4 albums.
Back to the rock was a good album but Back to the Rock 2 by CPR was a little worse imo. Sometimes you just can't improve old songs and even if you could people will often prefer the original version because they are used to it and have heard it their whole life.
1 x
'You've got no place to run!'

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 737
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Pethead since: 1986
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 301

Re: Back to The Street recording dates

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:16 pm

George Harrison wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:38 pm
executioner wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:58 am
George Harrison wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:11 pm
Mountain Man wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:47 pm
curt wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:22 pm
Mountain Man wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:11 pm
Maybe CPR could take a crack at it!
I very much doubt they are going to do it, but it would be interesting. I guess, however, that I am finding myself among a minority in this case and that there would be much more interest in them doing other stuff. However it would somehow strengthen the message, if that record really took them back to the street.
I know. I was joking, although I'd be very interested to hear Greg singing those songs.

And yes, I'd love to hear CPR record new material. I didn't care much for their "re-imagined" Petra songs, and they're a group of talented musicians who should move forward instead of retreating to the past.
Agreed. They should do new material.
I liked Back To The Rock but after Bob said I'm out I totally lost interest. I still keep wondering why they don't do more new material because GXV is always saying he has enough songs ready to make 3-4 albums.
Back to the rock was a good album but Back to the Rock 2 by CPR was a little worse imo. Sometimes you just can't improve old songs and even if you could people will often prefer the original version because they are used to it and have heard it their whole life.
Yes!!
1 x
Image
I need Video Logic; I need Remote Control; I need Viewer Discretion- let God take control, woah

curt
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:48 am
x 83

Re: Back to The Street recording dates

Post by curt » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:19 am

I like the idea that they would not call themselves Petra in one form or another if Bob was not involved. We have seen enough of those "Petras" before. However, I wonder why they went for the CPR name. It is a given, before they even start, that this is never going to be a big name because it is relying on the past and to some extent is a shadow of the past.

It would have made a lot more sence to me if they had made new stuff and toured with the Greg X Volz name. In that case any old Petra member would have been a bonus to an already well known and respected name. When promoting tours they could mention the old Petra members by name and that way involve the name of Petra without claiming it was Petra.

Just my opinion though.
1 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 3945
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:56 am
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980
Location: Earth
x 50

Re: Back to The Street recording dates

Post by executioner » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:11 pm

curt wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:19 am
I like the idea that they would not call themselves Petra in one form or another if Bob was not involved. We have seen enough of those "Petras" before. However, I wonder why they went for the CPR name. It is a given, before they even start, that this is never going to be a big name because it is relying on the past and to some extent is a shadow of the past.

It would have made a lot more sence to me if they had made new stuff and toured with the Greg X Volz name. In that case any old Petra member would have been a bonus to an already well known and respected name. When promoting tours they could mention the old Petra members by name and that way involve the name of Petra without claiming it was Petra.

Just my opinion though.
I agreed with you up until using Greg X Volz as a band name because he is well known and respected as an option. I think they should have completely distanced themselves from all the names and somewhat from the Petra catalog. If would be alright to include some of the songs in the live set but make new music on your own without using the Petra name as a crutch.
1 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

curt
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:48 am
x 83

Re: Back to The Street recording dates

Post by curt » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:30 pm

I see your point. However, these guys aren't young and it would take quite some time to establish a new name. And I still believe most of their fans would be there because of the history. I could be wrong though.
0 x

Progfan
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:46 pm
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1981
x 51

Re: Back to The Street recording dates

Post by Progfan » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:25 pm

So, let’s propose alternate band names. How about “The Lucas McGraw Project.”
2 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:48 am
x 83

Re: Back to The Street recording dates

Post by curt » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:31 am

IIII guys from Petra. :lol:
2 x

User avatar
sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:50 pm
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1984
x 72

Re: Back to The Street recording dates

Post by sickasadog » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:45 am

Chameleon ... because you never know who's going to be in the band
1 x

Progfan
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:46 pm
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1981
x 51

Re: Back to The Street recording dates

Post by Progfan » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:57 am

sickasadog wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:45 am
Chameleon ... because you never know who's going to be in the band
That’s great!!
1 x

User avatar
Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 737
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
#1 Album: Back to the street
Pethead since: 1986
Location: Echo, Minnesota
x 301

Re: Back to The Street recording dates

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:14 am

Yeah but in the song Chameleon isn't a good thing to be… I guess you could call it something like Armed And Dangerous?
0 x
Image
I need Video Logic; I need Remote Control; I need Viewer Discretion- let God take control, woah

curt
Pethead
Pethead
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:48 am
x 83

Re: Back to The Street recording dates

Post by curt » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:21 am

sickasadog wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:45 am
Chameleon ... because you never know who's going to be in the band
Along those lines, you could go for Jekyll and Hyde. :lol:

It would hardly work, though, since all the past members are so peaceful.
2 x

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
x 114

Re: Back to The Street recording dates

Post by George Harrison » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:07 pm

sickasadog wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:45 am
Chameleon ... because you never know who's going to be in the band
😂
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests