CCM United

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

CCM United

Post by gman » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:01 pm

I thought this was interesting. I bet many of us could offer comments and speculation. I'm working from my parents house, and the TV was on one of the Christian channels. They're running an ad for the CCM United DVD; being promoted as We Will Stand. Apparently the Gaither empire now owns the rights to it, and they are putting a Gaither spin on the TV presentation. What I found interesting was the artists and performances that are missing from the DVD set. That would include Petra. I looked it up, and a handful of songs, including Petra are MIA.
0 x

brenthandy
Pethead
Pethead

Re: CCM United

Post by brenthandy » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:35 am

It was always Gaither and called "We Will Stand" - CCM United. The original press in 2015 reflects it.

The broadcast (which was not live), DVD, and CD content is different.

The Petra performance wasn't especially good. The same can be said for other performances also excluded.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:26 am

brenthandy wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:35 am
The Petra performance wasn't especially good. The same can be said for other performances also excluded.
Unless I'm thinking of a different video, it's not that the performance itself was bad, it's the mix that was awful.
0 x

brenthandy
Pethead
Pethead

Post by brenthandy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:48 pm

The mix for broadcast is always a moving target and it's not going to sound the same everywhere. What I heard was John having an off night.
2 x