CCM archives?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
petrapaul
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1995

CCM archives?

Post by petrapaul » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:28 pm

Hi all,

It's been a while since I visited this forum. I was a semi-regular about 10 years ago, when I rewrote the Petra Wikipedia page (still mostly intact, amazingly). Sorry to have been gone so long!

I'm now working on my Ph.D. in American Religious History from Florida State, and I'm working on a paper about More Power to Ya. One of the unfortunate things about the internet is that some of the resources that used to be available sometimes just disappear. One of those is CCM magazine's once-robust online archives. In writing the Wikipedia page, I was able to use reviews and other articles that CCM published in the early 1980s. But they're all gone now, the links are broken, and the Wayback Machine can't find them. (The nearest physical archive to me appears to be in Nashville, a bit of a trek from Tallahassee.)

So I'm back, hat in hand, wondering if anyone here happens to have scanned versions of the various Petra-related material that appeared in CCM, especially from the early days (1978-1985). According to the incredibly helpful (yet simultaneously frustrating) CMNexus website, there were five articles about Petra in CCM before 1986.

Any help anyone can provide would be amazing. Thanks in advance!
2 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Re: CCM archives?

Post by p-freak » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:09 am

I have a couple. Email me at petraspective (at) gmail (dot) com
1 x

petrapaul
Pethead