On Rock: A Petraspective- the podcast

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Myboyaiden
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War
Pethead since: 1987

On Rock: A Petraspective- the podcast

Post by Myboyaiden » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:38 pm

Hi Everyone
My brother and I have been petheads for many years. We have just started our own podcast reviewing each and every Petra album released. We would love for you all to join us on the journey. It’s called “On Rock: A Petraspective”, and can be found on Spotify and most other podcast platforms. Please have a listen.

Also please note, we are just fans. We do not know any member of Petra personally, and the views we put forward are just our opinions. If you disagree with our thoughts, that’s ok, but please do so in a respective and Christian manner. If you agree with us, that’s great, please do so in a respective and Christian manner.

Love to hear your feedback. Episode “0” is out now, looking at how we became fans of Petra.
Episode 1 on Petra (debut album) will be out soon.
4 x
On Rock: A Petraspective. The most complete podcast reviewing every album of the greatest band of all time: Petra

Myboyaiden
Pethead
Pethead

Re: On Rock: A Petraspective- the podcast

Post by Myboyaiden » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:44 pm

Episode 1 of “On Rock: A Petraspective” is now available, looking at their debut self-titled album. Join us as we do a deep dive on the music, style and lyrics, as well as a few stories about how we came to first hear this album. Listen on Spotify or your favourite podcast provider, or click on the link below.

https://anchor.fm/lindsay-hall8/episode ... raw-euusk6
2 x
On Rock: A Petraspective. The most complete podcast reviewing every album of the greatest band of all time: Petra

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Post by George Harrison » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:49 am

Myboyaiden wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:38 pm
Hi Everyone
My brother and I have been petheads for many years. We have just started our own podcast reviewing each and every Petra album released. We would love for you all to join us on the journey. It’s called “On Rock: A Petraspective”, and can be found on Spotify and most other podcast platforms. Please have a listen.

Also please note, we are just fans. We do not know any member of Petra personally, and the views we put forward are just our opinions. If you disagree with our thoughts, that’s ok, but please do so in a respective and Christian manner. If you agree with us, that’s great, please do so in a respective and Christian manner.

Love to hear your feedback. Episode “0” is out now, looking at how we became fans of Petra.
That's a great idea! Will check you out on Spotify
1 x
'You've got no place to run!'

canelaschlitt
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: petra praise 2
Pethead since: 1998

Post by canelaschlitt » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:20 pm

I Will listen to you!!
0 x

Myboyaiden
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Myboyaiden » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:59 pm

Episode 2 of “On Rock:a Petraspective” is now available for you to download and listen on Spotify and all podcast providers, or click the link below. Lindsay and David do their deep dive into Petra’s second album, and see just how the band was changing. So “Come and Join us” on the journey.

https://anchor.fm/lindsay-hall8/episode ... lly-evbdfp
2 x

Myboyaiden
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Myboyaiden » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:42 pm

Episode 3 of On Rock: a Petraspective is now available for download. Washes Whiter Than gets the deep dive this week. Available on Spotify, all podcast services, or click the link below.

https://anchor.fm/lindsay-hall8/episode ... igh-evradm
2 x

Myboyaiden
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Myboyaiden » Thu May 06, 2021 4:47 am

https://open.spotify.com/show/4ZKbE2eKw6WOcQdCcQLPqn

Just dropped our latest massive episode going deep into "Never Say Die". Seriously, we left nothing out of this one! Listen in as Dave and Lindsay talk about Petra finding true form, and why this album comes so close to being their best ever.
2 x

Myboyaiden
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Myboyaiden » Wed May 12, 2021 1:19 pm

https://open.spotify.com/show/4ZKbE2eKw6WOcQdCcQLPqn
Emotional, challenging, inspiring and full of power - this is "More Power To Ya". Episode 5 of On Rock: A Petraspective is now live!
2 x

jmslick
Founding or Official Member of Petra
Founding or Official Member of Petra
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1979

Post by jmslick » Wed May 12, 2021 10:54 pm

Excellent podcast, thorough analysis, insightful, thought provoking.

I wrote a PM to you but it's still sitting in the outbox. PM to me your email address and I will send the content.
3 x

Myboyaiden
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Myboyaiden » Sun May 16, 2021 3:07 pm

jmslick wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:54 pm
Excellent podcast, thorough analysis, insightful, thought provoking.

I wrote a PM to you but it's still sitting in the outbox. PM to me your email address and I will send the content.
Hi John
I got your PM, and I have sent you a reply.
2 x

Myboyaiden
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Myboyaiden » Tue May 25, 2021 5:59 am

https://anchor.fm/lindsay-hall8/episode ... on-e11i3jl

The latest episode of On Rock: A Petraspective is now available. In this episode we review Not of this World. Come along for the ride, and listen through Spotify, or any other podcast provider.
1 x

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:09 am

Myboyaiden wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:38 pm
Hi Everyone

This sounds so cool and like a really fun idea! I think it would be fun to do something like this someday too : )
2 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

Myboyaiden
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Myboyaiden » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:02 pm

https://anchor.fm/lindsay-hall8/episode ... il-e12csdn
Finally! After some debugging our episode on Beat The System is live. Join in with our discussion as we wrestle with some real glitches - is this truly a Petra album? Is it Pop-rock? Synth-Rock? New Wave? Just who is Carl Marsh? Press play to join the Petraspective.
2 x

Myboyaiden
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Myboyaiden » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:17 pm

https://anchor.fm/lindsay-hall8/episode ... ht-e13574r
On Rock reaches its first milestone! Captured In Time And Space marks the most significant transition in Petra's fifty year history. Listen in as we revel in the live experience, say goodbye to old friends, and look forward to a new era.
2 x

Myboyaiden
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Myboyaiden » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:47 am

https://anchor.fm/lindsay-hall8/episode ... ny-e13uihs
John Schlitt is Shakin the House! We're a little rough around the edges this episode, just like Petra's transitional album. New leading man! New producers! New Petra! Join Dave and Lindsay as we celebrate thee start of a new chapter for the iconic Christian Rockers!
#PetraBand #JohnSchlitt #ChristianRock #BackToTheStreet #CCM #ShakinTheHouse #BobHartman
1 x