Remastered albums

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Re: Remastered albums

Post by Dan » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:06 pm

I ripped all my CDs in 2002, probably should do them again.
0 x

Progfan
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1981

Post by Progfan » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:48 am

Mountain Man wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:49 am
Progfan wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:34 pm
Mountain Man wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:10 am
I can't say I've ever noticed any clipped audio for all the years I've been listening to the CD version of On Fire!.
I guess it’s only an issue if you’re ripping the CD, not when you’re just listening straight through.
Suppose it depends on how you rip it. I use lossless FLAC these days which plays back gapless by default. If you're ripping to MP3 without the "gapless" flag enabled, then you would be more likely to hear when tracks aren't divided perfectly.
Gapless vs not isn’t the issue. The problem is there with all ripping methods once you listen to the tracks individually/shuffled. Only some audio editing will fix it.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Tue May 03, 2022 8:56 am

Progfan wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:48 am
Mountain Man wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:49 am
Progfan wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:34 pm
Mountain Man wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:10 am
I can't say I've ever noticed any clipped audio for all the years I've been listening to the CD version of On Fire!.
I guess it’s only an issue if you’re ripping the CD, not when you’re just listening straight through.
Suppose it depends on how you rip it. I use lossless FLAC these days which plays back gapless by default. If you're ripping to MP3 without the "gapless" flag enabled, then you would be more likely to hear when tracks aren't divided perfectly.
Gapless vs not isn’t the issue. The problem is there with all ripping methods once you listen to the tracks individually/shuffled. Only some audio editing will fix it.
My preference is to cue up the first track of an album and listen straight through to the end, so I would never notice something like that.
2 x

ajc_131
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: TMW
Pethead since: 1981

Post by ajc_131 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:44 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:58 pm
stateofminduk wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:01 am
My peronal remasters of the first two albums and CITAS, (from cassette), have been done with the same software and sound pretty darn good too.
Is this still available from some where? I'd love to get a good, clean version of the cassette cut of this concert. I have the CD and DVD version but no longer have the cassette available.
Yes, I'm a bit late to the party... but does anyone have copies of these that would still be available, somewhere? These remasters sound like they would be fantastic, and better than those Girder remasters. I've got a lot of old Petra stored away on original vinyl, but lately without a good player setup so just listening via spotify. Would love to hear what stateofminduk originally created!
0 x