Hey there...

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
got2btru
Pethead
Pethead

Hey there...

Post by got2btru » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:18 pm

Checking in...it's been a "little while"

Hope everyone is doing well!?!?!? Dropped off the radar for a while...cancer tends to do that! Lost the domain name shortly after my cancer...they don't call it chemo-brain for nothing! We left Texas in 2013 (cancer was in 2012) & moved to Central NY. Built what we *thought* would be our forever home on 32 acres, but got tired of NY's political BS & Taxes, so last year we made the move to TN! Now we're looking for some acreage here to re-build that same house that we had built in NY.

Anyhow, I was goin through my Petra stuff & thought of you guys! Obviously things are a BIT different given the band isn't doing much these days. I had HOPED to check out the concert in Illinois (Carbondale) in October, but I'm hog hunting with my brothers in Texas that weekend! A former co-workers wife is one of the DJ's at the Radio station hosting it, so I'm HOPING to get a signed t-shirt from the band...we'll see if he can hook me up or not!

Praying for ya'll!!!

Got2BTru
(Chris)
"...it's His delight to give you your desire...it's His desire to set your life ON FIRE!"
4 x
"...it's His delight to give you your desire...it's His desire to set your life ON FIRE!"

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Re: Hey there...

Post by p-freak » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:51 am

Well, if that isn't a blast from the past. Welcome back, Chris! Yeah, the good olds days of guidetopetra.com, petrarocksmyworld.com and your petrameansrock.com have come and gone. Some of us oldies are still around, but it's rather quiet here these days.

Farewell wasn't really farewell for Petra, since they hoping to put together a 50th anniversary show. At least there'll be a European show, so that's very nice for us on this side of the pond. Hope you get a chance to catch them.
1 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:46 am

To my knowledge, this is by far the most active Petra fan site on the internet. With all half dozen of us who post semi-regularly.
1 x

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:18 pm

Hi, from a 3 1/2 year member! Basically still a newbie compared to all you guys. I don't know a lot of these people who have been on here years ago.
1 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Post by George Harrison » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:09 am

Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:18 pm
Hi, from a 3 1/2 year member! Basically still a newbie compared to all you guys. I don't know a lot of these people who have been on here years ago.
4 years myself, though I don't post much nowadays. Pretty much same as you, although I do recognize plenty of posters by now
1 x
'You've got no place to run!'

George Harrison
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 2017

Post by George Harrison » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:11 am

Mountain Man wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:46 am
To my knowledge, this is by far the most active Petra fan site on the internet. With all half dozen of us who post semi-regularly.
Give it another five or ten years or so and this forum will probably die out. I'm not sure when this place had peak activity, but it was probably at least a decade ago by now
0 x
'You've got no place to run!'

Diehardpetrafan:)
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 2019

Post by Diehardpetrafan:) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:53 am

George Harrison wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:09 am
Diehardpetrafan:) wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:18 pm
4 years myself, though I don't post much nowadays. Pretty much same as you, although I do recognize plenty of posters by now
Yeah, same
0 x
Before you try to stand, be sure you're on the land
-The Lilac Time, All For Love (And Love For All)

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:00 pm

George Harrison wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:11 am
Mountain Man wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:46 am
Give it another five or ten years or so and this forum will probably die out. I'm not sure when this place had peak activity, but it was probably at least a decade ago by now
Sadly, interest in Christian bands doesn't seem to linger on and on and on they way it does for secular bands.
3 x