50th anniversary concert!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Rich K.
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 1985

50th anniversary concert!

Post by Rich K. » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:28 pm

My wife and I went to the 50th anniversary concert at Buck Lake Ranch, in Angola, IN, this past Saturday (August 20th). Bob Hartman, John Schlitt, John Lawry, Greg Bailey, Cristian Borneo, plus the other three ORIGINAL members of Petra (1972-1977), Greg Hough (guitar), John DeGroff (bass), and Bill Glover (drums). The "fab four" played "Get Back To The Bible", from their debut album, and they can STILL rock after 50 years! The concert was great, despite sound system problems (they actually blew an amp earlier that day and had to go to Fort Wayne to get a replacement, and one of their sound guys had to borrow my multi-tool to cut and modify a speaker wire). They are currently booking venues for their 50th anniversary tour which will run during October and November. So far I have seen Arlington, TX, and Versailles, OH listed.
2 x

zman7720000
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS
Pethead since: 1989

Re: 50th anniversary concert!

Post by zman7720000 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:00 pm

I wonder if the original crew is included in the booking. Somehow I feel it unlikely. I’m sure everyone on the board feels that it’s a shame that they weren’t able to put together a first class concert with more of the previous band members for the 50th.
0 x
"Ya take a bath each Sunday, if you need it or not
And ya go to work on Monday even when it's hot"

BriGuyPEI
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1989

Post by BriGuyPEI » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:31 pm

Greg Hough posted on FB that this was a one-off and that it would be the final time the originals would play together.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:33 am

I really wish they had the money (and the fan interest) to have done a proper send off show with a concert video and live album. Oh well, that's the Christian music industry for you. Old bands get no respect.
1 x

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:55 am

Rich K. wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:28 pm
My wife and I went to the 50th anniversary concert at Buck Lake Ranch, in Angola, IN, this past Saturday (August 20th). Bob Hartman, John Schlitt, John Lawry, Greg Bailey, Cristian Borneo, plus the other three ORIGINAL members of Petra (1972-1977), Greg Hough (guitar), John DeGroff (bass), and Bill Glover (drums). The "fab four" played "Get Back To The Bible", from their debut album, and they can STILL rock after 50 years! The concert was great, despite sound system problems (they actually blew an amp earlier that day and had to go to Fort Wayne to get a replacement, and one of their sound guys had to borrow my multi-tool to cut and modify a speaker wire). They are currently booking venues for their 50th anniversary tour which will run during October and November. So far I have seen Arlington, TX, and Versailles, OH listed.
Did you get yourself some Tom's Donuts? They're a world record holder or some such thing.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:15 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:33 am
I really wish they had the money (and the fan interest) to have done a proper send off show with a concert video and live album. Oh well, that's the Christian music industry for you. Old bands get no respect.
I think there aren't enough old farts with money to spend who know they are still around. The industry owners don't care for sure. They are busy making sure all of their artists are woke and embracing gay artists so they can pay their bills.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:54 pm

brent wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:15 pm
Mountain Man wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:33 am
I think there aren't enough old farts with money to spend who know they are still around. The industry owners don't care for sure. They are busy making sure all of their artists are woke and embracing gay artists so they can pay their bills.
I can't imagine there's much money to be made marketing to the half dozen of us who post here on occasion. :lol:
1 x