New Material

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
dihigo
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 1988

Re: New Material

Post by dihigo » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:00 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:57 pm
What's the market for a theatrically released Petra documentary?
Probably the dozen or so of us. :lol: Seriously, I just attended the Petra show here in Nashville this past weekend and was shocked at how many folks were in attendance. The show was packed! There's definitely a market for anything Petra does. It's simply a matter of revenue - cost = profit.
1 x
What are ya lookin' for the Devil for when ya oughta be lookin' for the Lord?

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:34 pm

dihigo wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:00 pm
Mountain Man wrote:
Probably the dozen or so of us. :lol: Seriously, I just attended the Petra show here in Nashville this past weekend and was shocked at how many folks were in attendance. The show was packed! There's definitely a market for anything Petra does. It's simply a matter of revenue - cost = profit.
Blame it on my natural cynicism, but maybe there are more people who would go than I realize. Admittedly, hearing Petra's music blasted over a theater sound system would be pretty epic. Hopefully the production company behind it will give us something that won't appeal only to hardcore fans.
0 x

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Petrapraise » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:09 pm

I was there too. If you were at the meet and greet, I may have checked you in. Did you have front row seats?

dihigo wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:00 pm
Mountain Man wrote:
0 x
[b]PLEASE VISIT:[/b] [url]https://www.facebook.com/Petrapraise/[/url]
Friend 'PETRAPRAISE' at Facebook.

dihigo
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 1988

Post by dihigo » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:05 pm

Petrapraise wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:09 pm
I was there too. If you were at the meet and greet, I may have checked you in. Did you have front row seats?
Unfortunately not. I slipped in stealthily and left the exact same way! 8)
0 x
What are ya lookin' for the Devil for when ya oughta be lookin' for the Lord?

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call

Post by Mountain Man » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:28 pm

It seems this project has gone dark. If we were really getting a new Petra album, then I would have expected something official by now, but not a word about new Petra music on Facebook. Although John Schlitt recently released a 40th anniversary box set titled History. I don't know anything about it beyond that. If it includes demos and previously unreleased tracks, then I'm interested. If it's just a compilation of songs from albums that I already own, no thanks.
0 x

Krich
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Greatest Hits
Pethead since: 1984

Post by Krich » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:57 pm

Maybe they are low on cash and someone need to start one of them crowd fund thing bobs to get the ball rolling.

Nuthin like cash for studio time to get things moving! :lol:
0 x

Krich
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Greatest Hits
Pethead since: 1984

Post by Krich » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:09 pm

brenthandy wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:29 am
Some Christians play in the secular industry and choose to make more money and impact there. Michael Omartian, Bill Schnee, Dan Huff, and countless other top-tier musicians and producers have produced some of the best music ever. Some are in it for ministry but are also side-hustling as studio session musicians for secular Work.

All of them glorify God by doing what they do with the talents they were given and developed to provide for their families and make the world a better place.
Yeah, nothing glorifies God more than making satanic music while claiming to be a Christian! /sarcasm :roll:
0 x