This is AWESOME!!!!!!!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Mexican Spud
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

This is AWESOME!!!!!!!

Post by Mexican Spud » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:45 pm

I was on Myspace reading up on Disciple (They're an awesome band if you haven't heard them yet) and I clicked over to there fan site on myspace called Disciple The Alliance. Then I came across the lead singers, Kevin, Spiritual Influences and this was the last person he mentioned:
and Bob Hartman (Petra).
These men have helped shape my beliefs that make me who I am today.

Is that awesome or what. I just had to share this

God Bless
Spud
0 x
[url=http://www.therightplace.bz/][img]border="0"%20width="577"%20height="109"src="http://www.therightplace.bz/images/downloads/Banners/TheRightPlace_577X109.gif"[/img][/url]

adrinux
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Wake-up Call
Pethead since: 1999

Post by adrinux » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:33 am

Man, for sure this is awesome!
It's so amazing to see that Bob and Petra has made the difference among this generation.
I'm sure that not only that vocalist has had his thoughts changed by Bob but we all have as well.
God bless you, and I'm gonna check this band out ;)
0 x
To learn recursivity, first, you need to learn recursivity.
Para aprender recursividade, primeiro, tem que aprender recursividade.

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:46 am

I remember the singer of Disciple talking about this to John Schlitt at the Christmas Rock Night in 1999 after Petra closed the festival. Disciple had been playing on a side-stage and after the Petra-show he was waiting for the band. I was also waiting for the band and talking to some of the guys when he had this conversation with John.

I'll be seeing Disciple at the Flevo Festival in August!!
0 x

js3971
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by js3971 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:16 am

Disciple is an awesome group. I heard them one night on an online radio station, not knowing who they were. The song was hot! They didn't announce who it was, so I looked up the song, and found it was them. I bought it immediately. They're being salt & light in the world too, I know that some of their music was used for the WWE a while back.
0 x

Schrodyr
Pethead
Pethead

Disciple and Petra

Post by Schrodyr » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:28 pm

I've seen Disciple in concert many times. When they were touring with Kutless a few years ago, I got to go to the "Meet & Greet" they had for Youth Pastors and Parents.

One of the guys from Kutless was talking about their praise and worship album, Strong Tower, and said that they felt it was one of the best praise and worship albums ever. Or at least since "Petra Praise" and then they all looked at Kevin (from Disciple) and laughed. They were poking fun at him a little bit because they knew he was a big Petra fan.

Later in the concert, Kevin was giving his testimony and talked about how he wasn't really into the church thing, but his parents made him go. His Youth Pastor gave him a tape of Christian rock, and he thought it was pretty cool. That's what really got him interested in Church, and he eventually got saved and is where he is now.

I asked him after the concert what album it was, and he smiled because I was wearing my Petra t-shirt, and said, "This Means War."

In my opinion, Disciple is one of the best bands out there both musically, lyrically, and ministry wise. Because of a concert add-in to their schedule, I got to see Disciple twice within two weeks. He had a different message each time. I asked him about it, and he said he just speaks what God gives him that morning. They truly are a great band.

Schro
0 x
...the one I feed is the one who lives...