Bob's last songs?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
micah
Site Admin

Bob's last songs?

Post by micah » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:34 am

Ok, so I haven't popped in here for a while ...

Wasn't it well known that Bob had written a couple songs for a possible successor to Jeckyl & Hyde?

Were those ever released anywhere?

Any chance of getting him to write more songs? Even for other singers/bands?

"II Guys" singing worship songs is fine, but that makes them one of who-knows-how many that are doing that these days. Bob's songwriting is where the real value is!
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:46 am

When Greg was here, he mentioned that those tunes VERY GOOD!

If I had Bob's kind of money, I would buy them, or atleast pay royalties to record them. Maybe I should email.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

i

Post by executioner » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:40 pm

I wonder how many unfinished songs Bob has laying around just waiting to put the finishing touches on them. Petra was around for 33 yrs. you got to know there are some out there. I was watching the other night a interview with Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, and he said on average they will write 16-18 songs per album; I believe this to be the norm in the biz. He was also talking that 2 of the songs of their new album Joe Perry wrote back in the late 70's and all he had to do was polish them up a little.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

yeah...

Post by gman » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:25 pm

I've read lots of interviews and stories that mentioned how songs were brought in to whittled down by the artist and producer. A couple albums ago, Michael W. Smith had one song on the album that he co-wrote with Dan Hill. I was browsing the CCLI catalog recently and saw that 7 or 8 songs listed there, cowritten by Smitty and Hill. I'm fairly certain only one has appeared on an album. I'd love to hear all the unrecorded stuff that's out there by a lot of artists, I found a few smitty clips, but that's it.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:45 pm

I don't know about wanting to hear just anyone's unreleased album cuts. Some people do well to have one successful single let alone three. With that much filler, and having songs deamed unworthy for the CD with that much filler...maybe they are better unheard.

In the case of Bob, I would like to hear those recent tracks, because Greg said that they were awesome.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:04 pm

I think if these songs do get released we my aswell see Petra get back together... btw has anyone been heard rumours of this cause I had an email today.....
0 x

jmatd
Pethead
Pethead

Post by jmatd » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:38 am

I heard roumors..... in this corner of the planet (Argentina... South....).... so I am excinting!!!!.... God will bless us again with something we was waiting for?
0 x
...Jesus, Jesus, Jesus... Loves You