John Schlitt - under new management!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

John Schlitt - under new management!

Post by sue d. » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:21 am

Hi guys,

Like I promised in an obscure thread (Bob's Hair Status, of all things), this is the latest announcement in the exciting story of John Schlitt and his new career!

The newsletter will go out shortly, but I wanted to post it here first.

Read on - and post your comments!

------------------------------------
Hi everybody!

It�s John again, and I�m in a pretty good mood! It�s been an exciting couple of weeks since the last time I talked with you. We finished the recording of my CD; it�s called �The Grafting,� and will be out in stores sometime in January!

In addition to a new CD, I have a new management company called Fused Management. The manager�s name is Ricky B. Rogers, who is a great guy (along with his partners), and I am very pleased with him. They really care about me and have really helped me get started on a solo career again. I see a lot of great things happening; half the time I don�t know what�s going on because they�re staying so busy that I can't keep up � and I love that!

Bob and I are having a bit of a slow time with our II Guys concerts, but Vertical Expressions may also be released with the same distribution as mine during the same time. This is unusual, but we�re real glad to be getting that out to make it more available to the folks that don�t have it. More than likely you fanatics already have your copy! But for the ones that don�t like to buy off the internet, I�m pretty excited about the fact that Vertical Expressions is going to be in the stores.

On the homefront, my family is healthy and doing well; my son Kris went on his long-awaited honeymoon. He just got back a couple of days ago and seems very happy, settling down into married life. My youngest son Krey got to go to Hawaii a while back -- and I got to stay here and work on wood. There's something wrong with this picture - I just can�t figure this out�! I guess I�ll get to travel later as the CD gets out there.

Well, thanks for your patience - thanks for checking in and caring about me, and for your prayers. Please continue to do all these things, because I really appreciate it.

Until next time,

� John

----------------

This is Sue Dempster, John's booking agent & webmaster, and I'd like to add to what John has said about Ricky B. Rogers and Fused Management.

I have been in contact with Ricky almost daily, and he HAS been busy! He's been putting the pieces together in a wonderful plan to move John forward in his solo career, and to get "The Grafting" out there and on the air.

Soon you will begin to see some of the results of his hard work, with press releases, new photos, and a whole new outlook for John. Good things are on the horizon!

Fused Management's website is not quite done, but take a look at
www.shoutlife.com/fusedmanagement to get an idea of what the company is all about.

Here's to new management and a new team - ready, willing and able to do whatever it takes to bring John to the place the Lord has ready for him!

Sue Dempster
Nova Productions
[email protected]
0 x

HudsonPethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1997

Post by HudsonPethead » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:31 am

Great News!!!

God bless John in his solo career!!!
0 x
https://t.me/pump_upp

petrabandca
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1990

Post by petrabandca » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:20 am

I was just on Fused Managements website and I noticed that they have Bloodgood and Michael Sweet signed which is just great! I can't wait to hear this record and look forward to seeing what the future has in store for John and Bob.

James
0 x
http://www.enticity.ca

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

i

Post by executioner » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:22 am

I know Bloodgood has nothing but good things to say about fused.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:54 am

What have they said? Just curious...
0 x

Schlittism33
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Schlittism33 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:37 pm

That is great news!!! I'm so excited for John!! - Thanks for sharing it here first Sue.

-Stephen
0 x
Your love came down.... and it saved me.... it saved MAaAaAaAaAYYYYY Yeah !!!!!

jmatd
Pethead
Pethead

Post by jmatd » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:31 pm

Good News!

Like always.... BLESSINGS!!!!

And the Glory for HIM!
0 x
...Jesus, Jesus, Jesus... Loves You

carol d.
Pethead
Pethead

Post by carol d. » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:30 pm

VERY Exciting!!! Les Carlsen, Michael Sweet, AND John Schlitt?! Ricky B. Rogers/Fused Management now have THE THREE best vocalists of all time...imho!
(I had no idea Bloodgood was still around; guess I'm a little behind the times just listening to my old Petra/JS and IIGuys stuff :oops: ).

Does this mean that John will be on iTunes soon like the other guys? Very, very exciting, indeed.

Maybe a concert with all these guys...now wouldn't that be the BEST? :P
I'm feeling young again.....
0 x
[color=purple][size=109]"He Came, He Saw, He Conquered!"[/color][/size]

Tutor23
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Tutor23 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:13 pm

Sounds great - all the best, John & Bob!
Andy from Indiana
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: i

Post by executioner » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:52 pm

executioner wrote:I know Bloodgood has nothing but good things to say about fused.
Michael Bloodgood did an interview in the spring about Oz Fox coming abroad and he said something like that Fused was a natural fit for them, and that they really support them ministry wise.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Official Press Release

Post by sue d. » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:26 pm

Here's the latest press release that went out on the wire today to the industry moguls via Nashville Publicity Group - and according to Management, the response has been TERRIFIC!

Things are looking way up, guys! Keep praying!

--------------------------
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 23, 2007

PETRA FRONTMAN JOHN SCHLITT TO RELEASE THIRD SOLO ALBUM IN JANUARY

(NASHVILLE, TENN.) -- John Schlitt, multiple Grammy Award-winning recording artist, announces his signing with the Franklin, Tennessee based Fused Management. Schlitt will release his third solo album, The Grafting, in January through TAG Artist Group - his first solo effort in more than ten years.

Best known as the voice behind the four time Grammy Award and ten time Dove Award-winning group PETRA, Schlitt continues with a solo career following the band�s retirement in 2005. In his role as Petra�s lead singer, Schlitt wrote the #1 hit �Just Reach Out� and earned RIAA-certified GOLD status for the albums Petra Praise: The Rock Cries Out and Beyond Belief. Schlitt also earned a third Gold album (Flat as a Pancake) as the front man for the �70s classic rock band Head East. With PETRA, Schlitt has been inducted into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame, and was the first Christian group to be celebrated by Hard Rock Caf�.

During his tenure with PETRA, Schlitt released a solo album, Shake, in 1995 that included the radio hits �Show Me the Way,� �Inside of You,� followed by the sophomore release �Unfit for Swine� and the single �Can�t Get Away.�

Ricky B. Rogers, vice-president and co-founder of Fused Management, is looking forward to working with Schlitt on this new chapter in his career. �I am excited and thrilled to have John on board with Fused. I see a new energy being breathed into John�s career with our partnership, because we�re in this as a team. Our goal as a company is to help create new careers, infusing life and energy into an artist who has been there and back. John is one of those artists. His track record and longevity in the Christian music scene is something you just can not ignore.�

�I believe in talent - and John is loaded with it," adds Rogers. "He is a man with many amazing gifts - and he has an incredible record that�s just waiting to be heard. It�s very different from what he has done in the past, which just goes to show John�s versatility. Great music rises above genre and John is one those who can prove it."

�I�m very excited to be working with Fused Management," says Schlitt. �My career is going in a whole new direction with new management and a new album. The music itself is going down a whole new path; the fact that my interests have changed as I have grown older is reflected in The Grafting.�

�The subject matter on this project is just as important as the music," explains Schlitt. �The songs cover a variety of adult-themed topics including adoption, divorce, taking care of third world children, among other issues of importance in today�s world.�

The Grafting has a unique family connection which contributed to the creative and emotional evolution of the project.

�My son-in-law, Dan Needham, produced the album," adds Schlitt. �So, ultimately I felt a lot more comfortable going places subject-wise that were really personal to me. There were actually some moments during the process of recording when we all got choked up and had to stop. That was a new experience for me.�

For more information and a preview of The Grafting, complete with commentary by Schlitt, visit the official website at www.JohnWSchlitt.com.

Fused Management was created in 2003 by Jim Detwiler and Ricky B. Rogers, and is a sister organization to Ray Ware Management. Fused Management�s roster includes Bloodgood, Heather Powers, Darrell Mansfield and Michael Sweet and the Sweet Family.
0 x