Petra in Argentina - this weekend

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Petra in Argentina - this weekend

Post by sue d. » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:22 pm

You can read a little bit about RockandVida and why Petra is there on John's latest newsletter... http://johnwschlitt.com/fans/index2.htm

Here's a nice little video talking about the event:
http://www.rockandvida.com.ar/secciones ... ideo_id=12

It's in Spanish, naturally.

This is the first time they've all gotten together since Dec. 31, 2005...
0 x

jmatd
Pethead
Pethead

Post by jmatd » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:17 am

The First time since 2005.... and no the last one!.... :wink:
0 x
...Jesus, Jesus, Jesus... Loves You

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: J&H
Pethead since: 1982

wondering

Post by trodLAN » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:15 am

...some days John is wearing that Petra-hat, other days, he is wearing that 2 Cops from Petra helmet , and later on he is wearing that Solo hat. It's not strange he sometimes need to relax with a real-estate topper.

One thing's for sure...I really hope Bob will be a part of Johns puzzlement! :-) It would be nice to see a new II Guys album!
:-)
0 x
https://www.youtube.com/@trodland

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

First Report - Seminar to Serve

Post by sue d. » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:37 am

Here's the first report in - from the seminar with John & Bob in Buenos Aires, from a Pethead who emailed me some details:

I write to tell you about the conference. I am very excited and blessed! The conference was great!

First there was a round of questions and aswers between the people and II guys from Petra, and two guys from local bands that are going to play in the concert tomorrow. I think that we spent more than one hour listening and asking questions.

I asked John and Bob about the key of staying together for so long and how did they keep going ahead for so many years, and they told that staying in God's will is the key! We�ve been really blessed with the conference.

After that there was a stand by time and after that it began the II Guys time!

Some questions and songs from Vertical Expressions and some from Petra�s cds (I loved when John sang "No doubt" and "Just Reach out"). John also sang in spanish! He did it really good!

There was a great connection between the people and John and Bob, they made jokes and although they were tired they stayed until the end, signing t-shirts and posters and possing for the photos.

Well I�ll tell you about the show! :)

God bless! Willy
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:23 am

Here's a little bit more about the conference & show.... from Willy again:

"Hi! In the conference of yesterday there were a small amount (about 100 - 150 persons I think). But tonight about 30 thousand (is what someone said).

It was wonderful! Petra played classics and the people loved the
presentation of the band.

I' ll tell you more tomorrow! It�s like 01:10 a.m. now here, and I�m getting sleep in front of the screen........zzzzzzzz hah, so more about the show in my next e-mail!"
0 x

ErioL
Pethead
Pethead

Post by ErioL » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:16 am

I was at the show. Lets see if I remember what they played.

In no order,

All About Who You Know
Dance
I Waited On the Lord On High
Ancient Of Days
I Love The Lord (In spanish)
I Will Call Upon The Lord (in spanish)
Lord I Lift Your Name On High
Beyond Belief
The rock medley
Jekyll And Hyde
Perfect World
Amazing Grace
He Came He Saw He Conquered
The Noise We Make
Judas Kiss

there might have been others I can�t remember. The guys looked like the really enjoyed themselves. There were alot of people, someone said 30,000 then I heard someone say 60,000. Well I don�t know but there were alot of people. It was cool!
0 x

jmatd
Pethead
Pethead

Post by jmatd » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:33 pm

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

The show was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I travel with my son (3 years) 700kms by bus all the Friday�s night and return this morning (sunday)

We was very blessed, first sharing wonderful time with Pethead�s family (thanks Eze!!!!!!!!!!!!) and then, with all the people who was there (yes, the number was beetwen 35000 and 50000) listening and singing with them....
They played fantastic, John, again, forgot some lines in a song again... je

Kim ands a Bob�s nephew were with them...We took pictures with all of them and they were very kind....

The day was very hot... we where there from mid-day listening when they check the sound.... the event started at 5:30pm with the local bands (KYOSCO AND ALAS DE FUEGO (Fire�s Wings))....at 8:30pm when Petra had to go to stage began to rain (a little bit) and many off us prayed in our heart for the weather ... the front man did the same saying "thank you Lord beacuse it is only for give us a fresh".... when they started the show stop the rain and started the legend.....
They where very happy.... and we was very proud that they enjoy to be in our beautifull country....

Thanks God for let us enjoy them again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will share the videos and pictures from Friday and Saturday soon....

God bless all of you!
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

t

Post by executioner » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:56 pm

We thank all of you for these updates. Glad to see the size of the crowd and also that they played a different set then they've played in the past couple of years.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:53 pm

And from our buddy Willy:

"Hi! Well this is corresponsal Willy from Buenos Aires Argentina ja! Well as I told you in the last e-mail the show was great, there were thousands and thousands of persons enjoying the concert. Like you said with more advertise there would be more people at the concert.

The organizers said that the recollection was about 6 tons of food for places in need, so that was one good thing.

I went to the concert with friends and in the first songs I was really far from the band, so I decided to move and I finally reached the first line =)

It was a really good performance of the band, althought the sound sometimes didn't work so good (f.e. in one song John�s voice was too down). They played the most common songs of Farewell Tour, one in spanish and some other songs of another albums. It was a wonderful time! For many people was the first time seeing Petra live.

I thought what amazing, I came so many times to this park, I never imagined that I would see Petra there!

The word that Bob gave was really good, and John gave everything at the stage. A lot of friends were surprised of John´s voice live, they said: "It sounds like in the albums!" So It was another historic day here."

And so closes another chapter in the 33 year history of Petra.
0 x

Schlittism33
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Schlittism33 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:51 pm

I took a few of my friends to a couple shows on the Farewell Tour and they said the same kind of things about John's singing live. He's truely an amazing singer to say the least!
0 x
Your love came down.... and it saved me.... it saved MAaAaAaAaAYYYYY Yeah !!!!!

JMBJR72
Pethead
Pethead

ONLY RENION?

Post by JMBJR72 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:03 am

Sue,
So, This will be the only Reunion? That what it sounds like.
Jim
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:18 am

Well, there are no plans at this time. The Argentina date wasn't planned either, really. The opportunity came along, the promoters were persistant, and the show happened.

Plans or no plans really don't matter - if the Lord wants more to come of this, then more will come.

But in the natural - no, there are no other reunions in the works.
0 x

jmatd
Pethead
Pethead

Post by jmatd » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:33 am

To the Set List that ErioL post you have to add "Right Place" and "Creed" that was played too.

Blessings
0 x

ezequiel
Pethead
Pethead

Post by ezequiel » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:09 pm

3 flags in the main... http://www.petramasalladelafe.com.ar/

Blessings!
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic