Wake Up!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
WR1U
Pethead
Pethead

Post by WR1U » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:57 am

Sue highlight all the songs and hit enter it should play them all in order. Media player will come up on it's own.
0 x
Down the corridor or life in between our death and birth
We may start to lose our way in the search to find our worth
Our value comes in the fact we live
Life is a gift only God can give

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:17 pm

Great! .... never too old to learn something new!

This set list is SO cool.... I remember hearing John sing "Awesome God" at that concert back in 1993, and since I was new to Christian music and had no ccm radio in my area (unless I went up on top of the biggest hill in town and held my little headset radio up in the air), I thought Awesome God was a Petra tune and was hoping to hear it on Wake Up Call once I bought it after the show! lol!

Forgot to add links to the first of many Petra concerts I shot:
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlit ... UpCallTour

Wow..... man.... how times have changed for me and my involvement with the band, and John in particular. It never fails to amaze me to realize that the Lord picked me, the most unlikely of all people, to be a part of all this. It's just really ALL God's doing - there's no doubt about it.
Last edited by sue d. on Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:45 pm

The PWA-centrum show was a radio-broadcast.

The Fuerth, Germany is an audio-only recording. I used to have it on tape, but when it was transferred to CD, I didn't receive the tape in return.

Both UK-shows were also audio-only recordings. I only have them on CD and I have no idea who originally recorded them.
0 x

krazykanuk
Pethead
Pethead

Post by krazykanuk » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:44 pm

This tour was my second Petra concert. I saw them in London Ontario I think the night after they played Peterbourough. They sold out the Jr A ice hockey arena. Lisa Bevill and DMC opened for them and were pretty forgettable. I was still pretty new to Petra at this point. I only knew Beyond Belief and Unseen Power ( they played He Came He Saw and I had no idea what it was). I can relate to Sue D about the Awesome God thing. I too was blown away by John singing it, especially with the We Will Rock You drum beat. The next week I tried to find the Petra version of Awesome God on CD but couldn't. I was so disappointed.
The set list is great. Aside from the already mentioned Awesome God, I especially liked the live versions of Marks of the Cross and the praise medlies ( I have no recollection of them doing He is Exalted that night but it is great to hear it). Thank you for posting these concerts and helping bring back some great memories.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:53 am

Now that we're talking about live-recordings:

I've always been looking for a recording of a Petra-show during the 1996 Saltbox tour. I have no Petra-footage from 1996. I'm not even sure which band members were playing during that tour. I guess the line-up was John Schlitt, Louie Weaver, Jim Cooper, David Lichens and Lonnie Chapin. Lonnie replaced Ronny starting with this tour.

And I always have wanted to see some live footage of Petra with Mike Brandenstein, the guy who replaced Lonnie in 2001 for a couple of shows. I know that there are some recordings somewhere with Mike, but I haven't seen it yet.

And of course anything pre-dating Beyond Belief. I have enough Beyond Belief / Unseen Power / Wake-Up Call material to get a good impression of those tours. A recording from the Why Wait? tour with Josh McDowell would be great!
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:49 am

And I always have wanted to see some live footage of Petra with Mike Brandenstein, the guy who replaced Lonnie in 2001 for a couple of shows. I know that there are some recordings somewhere with Mike, but I haven't seen it yet.
I have a vid of that one!

I have photos too:

http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlit ... bleTakeEra

There's a shot of Mike on there.
0 x

Quigon John
Pethead
Pethead

keith green audio

Post by Quigon John » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:30 pm

Trod
Heh thanks for all the great content you have provided. I am also a big Keith Green fan and would love to get the live stuff you listed. I know you get lots of requests and can't fulfill all but if you can help me out let me know. [email protected]

Thanks
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

saltbox...

Post by gman » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:13 pm

Well, I was going to say that I saw the saltbox tour and Ronnie was on bass, but actually that is not quite true.
I saw Petra and Whiteheart together before they officially went out on the Saltbox Tour. They played the Great Auditorium in Ocean Grove, NJ. Ronnie was on bass along with the rest of the lineup you mentioned. The whole thing was quite interesting, starting out with Whiteheart arriving very late and doing their soundcheck shortly before the doors opened. This is the only time I've heard a professional drummer, Louie or otherwise, stop in the middle of a song. They were doing Praying Man. The drums and the rest of the band got so out of sync that Louie had to stop and listen to get back in line. He was visibly frustrated.

Ocean Grove itself is a fascinating town with a strong Christian Heritage. Today it attracts a lot of folks practicing alternative lifestyles, and it has quite a few group homes for elderly, disabled, mentally challenged, etc. But, it still hosts a lot of Christian stuff. There is a boardwalk ministry that runs every day thoughtout the summer. There are Christian festivals there, and the auditorium hosts a lot of concerts, speakers, conferences, etc. There are rental cottages all around the auditorium, mostly occupied by older folks. Before Petra and Whiteheart came to town, most auditorium events were very conservative and tame. It was interesting to see all the cottages zipped up tight to try and keep out the noise.
0 x