Greg X Volz 1996

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Greg X Volz 1996

Post by Preacherman777 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:02 pm

In case anyone has missed it this concert can be downloaded at TrodLAN's sight www.petrafiles.com

I downloaded it the other day and I am really glad I did. Greg definitely still had every bit of his vocal chops when this concert was recorded and it's a rare chance to not only hear him do some live Petra tunes, but also many from his solo albums.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:35 am

I had hoped for a little bit more songs from The River Is Rising, cause that still is my favourite among Greg's solo albums. He only did Still Waters.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:22 am

Hehehe... that was my show right here in Sheboygan. HOW that ever made it's way over to Norway is beyond me! I never even knew Terje until this year.

I have vids from Greg in 1994 and 1995 too.

I also have John from 1996, all on VHS tape, though.
0 x

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: J&H
Pethead since: 1982

who

Post by trodLAN » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:44 am

Who think Sue should send those VHS cassettes to me in Norway?
lol
0 x
https://www.youtube.com/@trodland

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Concerts

Post by Preacherman777 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:50 am

Absolutely, send the concerts. We'd love to see them.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by p-freak » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:03 am

I really would love to see that John Schlitt show from 1996. Wasn't that the one from the Swine tour with the full band?
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:34 pm

Yes indeed! Swine Tour 1996. My show was Oct. 18 (the date is embedded in my mind - I wrote and typed it for publicity 50,000 times!

http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlit ... SSwineTour

The solo band also included TWO members who went on to become PETRA members.... anyone remember who they were?

Send the cassettes, huh? Oh man, that makes me nervous - trusting my priceless originals overseas in the hands of the US Postal Service.

I trust TERJE - I don't trust the USPS.
Last edited by sue d. on Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by p-freak » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:48 pm

In my long career of Petra-collecting, only 1 item has got lost in the mail. The other 200+ packages have safely arrived!

I even sent all my precious original VHS-tapes to Terje to be transferred. I even sent him the Xavier LP!! Talk about taking risks!

Isn't there some kind of shop in your neighbourhood that does a VHS-to-DVD transfer for a few $$? I know there are plenty of shops around where I live that offer this service.

And if you'd rather send it to Terje, why not used registered airmail?
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:02 pm

Well, there are a few shops but they are very expensive to transfer.

Never lost any of your packages? Well, that makes me feel better!

Let me think about that. I really have many, many Petra concerts on VHS and VHS-C cassettes. But when I took these I promised I would not make copies for other people - does putting them up on the web for all the world to see count as "making copies?" :shock:
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:47 pm

sue d. wrote:Yes indeed! Swine Tour 1996. My show was Oct. 18 (the date is embedded in my mind - I wrote and typed it for publicity 50,000 times!
Dang. You need me to show you how to set up your Mac to make life easy? Type once, send many my child.
0 x

jmatd
Pethead
Pethead

Post by jmatd » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:52 pm

Sue said : "I really have many, many Petra concerts on VHS and VHS-C cassettes. But when I took these I promised I would not make copies for other people - does putting them up on the web for all the world to see count as "making copies?" "

Sue... Dont you think that all of we have to be blessed with that material?... Think: What did you comment when the 1986s concert was on line?.... and who will reclaim your promise??????? Your concience? :roll:

I was in No Doubt Tour in Buenos Aires and we filmed the concert with a friend when it wasnt allowed.. and now I am proud to have that material.. :oops: .. (I am preparing this to share to you (I will send them to Terje and Eze... theres no videos of 95 online)....

Come on... all of we can pay the post if it is necesary.... what do you say folks?
0 x
...Jesus, Jesus, Jesus... Loves You

ezequiel
Pethead
Pethead

Post by ezequiel » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:55 pm

Well, is true... petrafiles.com is the most fantastic web that have bootlegs videos & audio, and like Petraspective, another web rich in info.
I think that u Sue don�t have problems sending the material to norway, i send material to Netherlands and all arrived good :P Pieter sendme material too and all i have here, don�t have problems...

So, if u have this material... please share with us, hey!!! juan! thanx bro! te acordastes de los pobres!!! jajaja yesss i wait for the video 8)
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:03 pm

Dang. You need me to show you how to set up your Mac to make life easy? Type once, send many my child.
One problem there, buddy - I'm on a PC! lol!

Yes, Kevin Brandow and Pete Orta were at my show, and a month or so later they both became a part of Petra.
Sue... Dont you think that all of we have to be blessed with that material?... Think: What did you comment when the 1986s concert was on line?.... and who will reclaim your promise??????? Your concience?
When I saw that 1986 concert I was thrilled! I know.... but about the show from '96 of John: I had to SIGN a form saying I would not give this to anyone.

Tell you what - to ease my conscience, let me ask John (I'm sure he won't care) and if it's a go - I'll get it to Terje.

It's not the BEST recording - my sister filmed it with a VHS camcorder, but it's not bad.

The other ones from '95 & '96 with Greg - I never promised not to share, so those are fair game.
0 x