Favorite John Schlitt(solo) album?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
petrafreak2009
Pethead
Pethead

Favorite John Schlitt(solo) album?

Post by petrafreak2009 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:17 pm

I know only those who have heard the FULL third album can choose it (ahem... SUE!!!(lol)) In my opinion, count Vertical Expressions as a solo album since it was done independently. But truthfully which was your favorite album? I like Shake ten times better than Unfit for Swine. The sound quality was better and the style and song structure was more to my style. Also if you listen to the last 10 seconds of the last song on Unfit for Swine, you can hear John say, "They'll think I'm off my rocker..." Has anyone else noticed this? Just wondering. Anyother opinions and why?
0 x
[img]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh81/emjpro/EMJProductions.jpg[/img]

ezequiel
Pethead
Pethead

Post by ezequiel » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:30 am

Shake - Showme the way...
0 x

HudsonPethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1997

Post by HudsonPethead » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:40 am

I love Shake and my favorite songs are Wake the Dead, Show me The Way and One by One.

But I'm very anxious to hear The Grafting, in my opinion it has a great chance to be the best album.
0 x
https://t.me/pump_upp

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Solo

Post by Preacherman777 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:24 pm

Shake. It was good enough to be a Petra album. There isn't even a contest in my mind.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

St_Augustines_Pears
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: GOD FIXATION
Pethead since: 1999

Post by St_Augustines_Pears » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:31 pm

Nothing against UNFIT FOR SWINE, but I like SHAKE better. I love how "Wake The Dead" starts out all mellow, then pauses for a second before hitting you with that monstrous riff. Extremely heavy song...John should use that to open his solo shows (*hint hint*). I will go absolutely bonkers if he plays it live.
0 x
THOMAS R. LEHMER 6/7/44-2/11/05.

"This journey seems so long, as I await the dawn...all alone and so weary" - Petra's "Over The Horizon"

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:00 pm

ahem... ahem..... yes, I'll admit it - I'm one of the privileged few to have heard all three. :P

I have to correct you, Freak, on the statement at the end of "Don't Have to Take It."

Here's a little snipet from an interview we have on the site, explaining:
"Incidentally, I�m not over the hill," he quoted himself.

"Yeah," I said. "What prompted that?"

"Well," he began, "with Petra being as old as it is, and me being as old as I am, I think a lot of times there are people that want us out of the way. Let�s put it this way: In the music business, especially in what we do, �old� is not good. And we are old, and I�m old, for what I do. And David (Huff), my producer, was saying �You know, I was talking with so-and-so and telling him I was doing your solo record, and he said, "What are you doing with him? He�s over the hill!" I said, �Oh, he did, huh?�

So later when I started singing �Don�t Have to Take It,� which is absolutely about as �in� as you can get - this song was really kickin� � at the ending I�m just messing around and I said, �And incidentally, I�m not over the hill.� David thought that was the coolest thing, so he left it on."
John HAS used Wake the Dead as his opening song... it does pack quite a wallop!

As far as a favorite album... I honestly can't pick one. Each one has it's own merits... how about this: I LOVE 'EM ALL! :D
0 x

corolla1
Pethead
Pethead

Post by corolla1 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:46 pm

sue d. wrote:ahem... ahem..... yes, I'll admit it - I'm one of the privileged few to have heard all three. :P

I have to correct you, Freak, on the statement at the end of "Don't Have to Take It."

Here's a little snipet from an interview we have on the site, explaining:
"Incidentally, I�m not over the hill," he quoted himself.

"Yeah," I said. "What prompted that?"

"Well," he began, "with Petra being as old as it is, and me being as old as I am, I think a lot of times there are people that want us out of the way. Let�s put it this way: In the music business, especially in what we do, �old� is not good. And we are old, and I�m old, for what I do. And David (Huff), my producer, was saying �You know, I was talking with so-and-so and telling him I was doing your solo record, and he said, "What are you doing with him? He�s over the hill!" I said, �Oh, he did, huh?�

So later when I started singing �Don�t Have to Take It,� which is absolutely about as �in� as you can get - this song was really kickin� � at the ending I�m just messing around and I said, �And incidentally, I�m not over the hill.� David thought that was the coolest thing, so he left it on."
John HAS used Wake the Dead as his opening song... it does pack quite a wallop!

As far as a favorite album... I honestly can't pick one. Each one has it's own merits... how about this: I LOVE 'EM ALL! :D
John is not over the hill. I'm looking forward to buying the new CD. Can't wait to get it. :)
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:48 pm

"Shake" is definitely my favorite John Schlitt solo album. "Unfit For Swine" has a few good tunes on it, but I feel it's a weaker album overall.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:26 am

I loved Shake when it first came out. Still think that it is great. I didn't like Unfit for Swine when it came out. I bought and listened to it once. It took many years, and an evolution in Petra (that I did not like) to like it. Now I think that it is pretty smart.
0 x

microkoe
Pethead
Pethead

re

Post by microkoe » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:06 am

Shake for me! i still listen to it! Cant wait for the new cd! :D
0 x
Michael D Koehler

http://www.myspace.com/pianokoehler