Where is Louie Weaver?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
petrabandca
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1990

Where is Louie Weaver?

Post by petrabandca » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:45 pm

LouieWeaver.com and LouieWeaverMinistries.org no longer in service, but ViktorBand is back up and running.

Anyone have any information about a site Louie might have outside of Viktor?

James
0 x
http://www.enticity.ca

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:58 pm

I think that Louie is too busy working to mess with that. Louie is focused on driving concert tour busses at the moment.
0 x

Rocksoup
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Rocksoup » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:08 pm

Yeah, I heard he was driving for the Chile Peppers there awhile ago. Didn't know if was was still doing that or not. Hopefully he can be a good influence on some of those acts and not the other way around.
0 x

ezequiel
Pethead
Pethead

Post by ezequiel » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:20 pm

Whats!!!!!!???????? Louie the icon of petra! one of the fathers of the christian rock driving a bus??? :shock:
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:30 pm

ezequiel wrote:Whats!!!!!!???????? Louie the icon of petra! one of the fathers of the christian rock driving a bus??? :shock:
Has been since the Petra days. Playing in Petra didn't pay enough to cover life.

Working outside of the band was one of the issues that affected his availability and led to his departure. He told me that he needed to work to make money, and aside from playing on stage, he didn't make any. Petra wasn't playing a whole lot, and they weren't playing a whole lot of good paying gigs like they did in the 80-90s.

This is common. Gone are the days of being a full time muso and being rich. You need to diversify, hopefully into something that you know that keeps you connected with the industry somehow.
0 x

Rocksoup
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Rocksoup » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:53 pm

I can understand that. A man had a Biblical obligation to put food on the table for his family. Driving a bus is as good a way as any.
0 x

St_Augustines_Pears
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: GOD FIXATION
Pethead since: 1999

Post by St_Augustines_Pears » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:17 am

My Dad drove a school bus for the I-35 school district (which consisted of the towns St. Charles, Truro, and New Virginia, IA) for 18 years. He had to quit in October 2004 because the chemo he was taking for his cancer made him too tired. He hated to quit, but he said that if he ever lost his concentration and had an accident that killed a child, he would have never been able to forgive himself.

Louie needed work, so he took a job as a bus driver to make ends meet. It's no different than John Schlitt doing woodworking on the side, or selling real estate. Maybe it's not the most glamorous profession in the world, but it gets you a paycheck. For my Dad, it fed and clothed a family of four for many of those 18 years.

In all the years he drove his school bus, my dad never had an accident that was his fault. Be very careful talking about jobs that you think are "beneath" someone.
0 x
THOMAS R. LEHMER 6/7/44-2/11/05.

"This journey seems so long, as I await the dawn...all alone and so weary" - Petra's "Over The Horizon"

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

i

Post by executioner » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:28 am

I personally admire him for doing that. He has to feed his family and he is being a man of God by doing it. Like someone said in a past post maybe he can reach out to a musican with the Word and help a hurting heart.
In other words don't knock it because God might have you doing that someday!
0 x