THE SOUND OF LIGHT: CHRISTIAN ROCK, METAL, AND RAP STATION!!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
petrafreak2009
Pethead
Pethead

THE SOUND OF LIGHT: CHRISTIAN ROCK, METAL, AND RAP STATION!!

Post by petrafreak2009 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:29 pm

This does not directly deal with Petra. However, it IS a way to possibly still listen to the harder sounding songs on the air. Here is some information you'll find interesting.
The Sound of Light is a nationally syndicated radio show
live 7pm-1am EST Saturday nights and streaming 24/7 online.
We have podcasts available from tons of artists, live call ins, contest, prayer and more!
The official website, http://www.soundoflight.com/ has a live webchat open every Saturday night and an online steamer so you can listen to the show while to talk to kids from all over the country. The Sound of Light is heard nation-wide on over 150 stations. You can request the Sound Of Light by contacting your local radio stations and ask them to add us to their airtime. We are always open to adding stations so we can futher our goal to share the Gospel with the entire nation. Please invite your friends to listen to our show. It'll change their lives when they hear faster, louder music praising the name of the Lord. Even if their not saved, but like this style of music, invite them to listen. Remember to call in any time from 7-1 to request songs, call in for the contests and talk live on the air. The number to call in is 1-888-SOL-HITS and you can text your prayer and song requests to 81595 and text "TSOL" and your request right after that. Please feel free to comment here, by email to [email protected], or at the shows Shoutlife page: http://www.shoutlife.com/soundoflight/
0 x
[img]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh81/emjpro/EMJProductions.jpg[/img]

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

also

Post by executioner » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:40 pm

There is a great little Christian rock station in Dallas called 89.7 power fm. They play a great mix of current CR and also will blend in some older tunes from time to time. You can listen online 24/7 at 897powerfm.com
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:06 am

AND they did a great interview with John while he was in Dallas - you can hear it here: http://www.johnwschlitt.com/fans/interviews.htm

Jan. 22 -KVRK's morning host Chris Goodwin talks with John....etc. etc.

Chris is a definite Petra fan. Plus they fed John lunch! :P
0 x

lucasmcgraw
Pethead
Pethead

Post by lucasmcgraw » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:02 am

I grew up listening to the sound of light in the late 80's - early 90's. Brit Dillard and Bill Moore are good guys.

Bill Moore is a huge 80's rock fan. He used to work at a Christian bookstore in Easley, SC. He helped my wife complete my Petra collection one year for my birthday. Good guy and good memories.
0 x

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

re: sound of light

Post by pmal » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:57 pm

Yep, the folks at the Sound of Light have always been good to Petra. When Jekyll and Hyde first came out, they played a different song from it every week. Just wish everyone else was as good to Petra as they were ...

Phillip
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

Mexican Spud
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mexican Spud » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:35 pm

We try to put together a good internet radio program. We play stuff from the 80's thru today. We are 24/7 with a live show every friday night. We are turning 4 years old in April. We do have alot of 80's stuff. We been kicking around the idea of having an 80's show once a week. He are some 80s band we play.

Petra
Stryper
Servant
D&K
Randy Stonehill
Sweet Comfort Band
Bryan Duncan
Undercover
The Front
In-3D
Steve Taylor
AltarBoys
Greg X Volz
Vector
The Allies
Mylon Lefevre and The Broken Hearts
Whiteheart
0 x
[url=http://www.therightplace.bz/][img]border="0"%20width="577"%20height="109"src="http://www.therightplace.bz/images/downloads/Banners/TheRightPlace_577X109.gif"[/img][/url]

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

re: mexican spud

Post by pmal » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:57 am

Yeah, I like the stuff your program plays too. I guess I commented on the Sound of Light show since I grew up listening to it on the radio and it's still there every week locally ...
Mexican Spud wrote:We try to put together a good internet radio program. We play stuff from the 80's thru today. We are 24/7 with a live show every friday night. We are turning 4 years old in April. We do have alot of 80's stuff. We been kicking around the idea of having an 80's show once a week. He are some 80s band we play.

Petra
Stryper
Servant
D&K
Randy Stonehill
Sweet Comfort Band
Bryan Duncan
Undercover
The Front
In-3D
Steve Taylor
AltarBoys
Greg X Volz
Vector
The Allies
Mylon Lefevre and The Broken Hearts
Whiteheart
0 x

petrafreak2009
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petrafreak2009 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:00 pm

I hate to bust your bubble, pmal. The Sound of Light's board of directors decided to sell it to Bill Scott in Nashville. The host, Bill Moore. is leaving because he feels God wants him to be in leadershipelsewhere. And Jack Eason, the director, is off in his own world caring only for his own gain. I've worked there for a year, and I'm taking this hard. I've grown close to Bill. Feb. 23 will be his last show. He hinted that this Saturaday, he will play his alltime fav. 30. Listen if you want to have a night of fun. Let him know how much you care by emailing [email protected]. Just let him know what he's meant to you, but don't say anything about the show leaving or ask him questions about it. He's already accepted the managerial position at Zaxby's near West Gate Mall, pmal so if you're in the neighborhood, stop by and see him.
0 x

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

re: sol

Post by pmal » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:41 pm

Wow, end to an era ... I'm speechless ... I hope you are keeping a tape of it somehow ... I would love a copy.

--Phillip
petrafreak2009 wrote:I hate to bust your bubble, pmal. The Sound of Light's board of directors decided to sell it to Bill Scott in Nashville. The host, Bill Moore. is leaving because he feels God wants him to be in leadershipelsewhere. And Jack Eason, the director, is off in his own world caring only for his own gain. I've worked there for a year, and I'm taking this hard. I've grown close to Bill. Feb. 23 will be his last show. He hinted that this Saturaday, he will play his alltime fav. 30. Listen if you want to have a night of fun. Let him know how much you care by emailing [email protected]. Just let him know what he's meant to you, but don't say anything about the show leaving or ask him questions about it. He's already accepted the managerial position at Zaxby's near West Gate Mall, pmal so if you're in the neighborhood, stop by and see him.
0 x

lucasmcgraw
Pethead
Pethead

Post by lucasmcgraw » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:38 pm

I'm a little confused. Britt Dillard (original host of SOL) is back on Saturday night with a show called His Radio Z. I thought Bill Moore and Britt Dillard worked together.

http://hisradioz.com/
0 x

petrafreak2009
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petrafreak2009 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:41 pm

No, Britt Dillard was the original host and owner of Sound of Light and was the dj until 1995, when he sold it to Jack Eason's Crossover Ministrys. Britt owns the Z now, not TSOL. Oh, and before I forget, The Sound of Light will be available again in SC again starting this Saturday on Shine 96.7.
0 x

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

re: tsol on 96.7

Post by pmal » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:53 pm

Wow, the plot just thickens ... :)
0 x