2guys?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Sun May 18, 2008 8:23 pm

No further concerts. Bob has decided to retire for good.

There are no plans for another album at this point.
0 x

petrafreak2009
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petrafreak2009 » Mon May 19, 2008 12:55 pm

Man I do hate that. Maybe someone can beg Pete Orta to come do some II Guys! lol. Did he just get tired of it, or was it kinda like the Petra situation from '95-'01 or the Petra situation during mid 2005?
0 x
[img]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh81/emjpro/EMJProductions.jpg[/img]

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 pm

In a nutshell, he just didn't feel comfortable continuing II Guys while John was coming out with a solo album and doing dates with that.

Yes, John had solo projects while a part of Petra, but that was more than 10 years ago too.

There were no situations, or bad vibes or anything like that at all. Bob had a great run with Petra, a fun time with II Guys, and now he wants to go fishing! :wink:
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon May 19, 2008 7:23 pm

petrafreak2009 wrote:Man I do hate that. Maybe someone can beg Pete Orta to come do some II Guys! lol. Did he just get tired of it, or was it kinda like the Petra situation from '95-'01 or the Petra situation during mid 2005?
Pete? That would NEVER happen.
0 x

Mitch
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Mitch » Mon May 19, 2008 8:36 pm

Not that I'd like to see it happen, but why could it NEVER happen?

Mitch
0 x

corolla1
Pethead
Pethead

Post by corolla1 » Tue May 20, 2008 11:28 pm

sue d. wrote:In a nutshell, he just didn't feel comfortable continuing II Guys while John was coming out with a solo album and doing dates with that.

Yes, John had solo projects while a part of Petra, but that was more than 10 years ago too.

There were no situations, or bad vibes or anything like that at all. Bob had a great run with Petra, a fun time with II Guys, and now he wants to go fishing! :wink:
I would think between IIGuys and John's solo work that the two ministries would compliment each other (not compete with each other) and at the very least they both would be very busy musically if they wanted. I was looking forward to more IIGuys cd's, but that said I wish Bob the best in retirement- He's earned it. :)
0 x

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Wed May 21, 2008 4:52 am

I think we should have a virtual retirement party for Bob then. He shouldn't go quietly like this. Pull the chain and fire up the chat room.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Petrapraise » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:13 pm

That's a shame. The II guys CD is the one that I listen to the most lately. Its a CD I can play with any kind of company. My wife has even been introducing a whole new generation of kids (kindergartners) to II guys/Petra. The kids love it.

I was REALLY hoping for a new CD!! :cry:
0 x
[b]PLEASE VISIT:[/b] [url]https://www.facebook.com/Petrapraise/[/url]
Friend 'PETRAPRAISE' at Facebook.

WR1U
Pethead
Pethead

Post by WR1U » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:09 pm

Huh, wasn't it Peter who said I go a fishing after Jesus was crucified? Look what God had in store for Peter. I don't think Bob is retired for ever. Moses only started his real work at 80 years old.
0 x
Down the corridor or life in between our death and birth
We may start to lose our way in the search to find our worth
Our value comes in the fact we live
Life is a gift only God can give

givamu
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Farewell
Pethead since: 1990

Post by givamu » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:35 pm

sue d. wrote:In a nutshell, he just didn't feel comfortable continuing II Guys while John was coming out with a solo album and doing dates with that.

It is a pity ... I miss see him play the guitar
0 x
http://www.youtube.com/givamu
www.salcedoguitarworks.com.ar

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:23 pm

WR1U wrote:Huh, wasn't it Peter who said I go a fishing after Jesus was crucified? Look what God had in store for Peter. I don't think Bob is retired for ever. Moses only started his real work at 80 years old.
Wow. Up the dead this thread arose.

Uh, Bob and Peter are two WAY different people, in two WAY different circumstances, with two WAY different perspectives on things. Playing guitar is a far cry from establishing the church of God.

Some of you don't give Bob credit for having an ear to the ground and an eye to the sky. I think that their CD only selling a couple hundred or so is a good indicator that it was time to go too.

Face it folks. The only big time fans that truely love Petra are people like us that visit these sites and have purchased every release and gone to multiple shows no matter what. And there just aren't enough in this world anymore to sustain those guys. Petra means nothing to the world at large. And John would tell you now that it does not guarantee bookings or sales for his solo stuff. It is like starting all over.

Selling music for money, no matter who you are, is about to be a thing of the past anyway.
0 x

JMBJR72
Pethead
Pethead

2 guys

Post by JMBJR72 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:24 pm

it is a shame that they did not contune.I know how good or bad were the sales for 2 guys and farewell? Brent you said it only us here on the zone care about Petra. Any chances of a reunion would be none.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:49 pm

I said big time fans which = those that buy everything, go to every show when possible, etc. Sure there are other fans who are more passive.

Reunion? I hope not. Let them be. Each comeback would be worse than the one before. The guys wouldn't be as tight, in top form. Let's not have them tarnish the memories of them at the top of their game. Just because they could doesn't mean that they should. Besides, that craving drives sales for their product.

Let John do his thing, let Bob do his, and lets wait for the big reunion in Heaven. That's my thought.
0 x